• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,806 posts in this topic

wow, $60, took advantage of a poor lady and her 3 starving children.

I'll bet they were living in that car.

lol....they had $2 each on the boxes. I didn't quote any price but I guess if paying what someone is asking is taking advantage of them then...guilty.

Actually should have been $64 because 1 had 32 books but she said $60 since I was the first person to look at the boxes.....I guess I really took advantage of her for not saying...no,no...I must pay the $64 :facepalm:

Ya did great. In sure some of us, myself included, are a little jealous. Hell, if you wanted to be a real you coulda just walked away with 2 1st Deathloks, Wolvie 1, 1st Black Cat, 2 1st Rouges and 1st Elektra for $14. At least ya had enough class to overpay a little on the others ;)

Edited by blazincomics

lol....they had $2 each on the boxes. I didn't quote any price but I guess if paying what someone is asking is taking advantage of them then...guilty.

Actually should have been $64 because 1 had 32 books but she said $60 since I was the first person to look at the boxes.....I guess I really took advantage of her for not saying...no,no...I must pay the $64 :facepalm:

Ya did great. In sure some of us, myself included, are a little jealous. Hell, if you wanted to be a real you coulda just walked away with 2 1st Deathloks, Wolvie 1, 1st Black Cat, 2 1st Rouges and Death of Elektra for $14. At least ya had enough class to overpay a little on the others ;)

Thanks....surprisingly the Spidey #408 is one of the best of the lot. I have had many, many multiples of all the others in the bunch but don't think I have had the Spidey variant before....it is pretty limited.

Ya did great. In sure some of us, myself included, are a little jealous. Hell, if you wanted to be a real you coulda just walked away with 2 1st Deathloks, Wolvie 1, 1st Black Cat, 2 1st Rouges and Death of Elektra for $14. At least ya had enough class to overpay a little on the others ;)

Thanks....surprisingly the Spidey #408 is one of the best of the lot. I have had many, many multiples of all the others in the bunch but don't think I have had the Spidey variant before....it is pretty limited.

I didn't catch the 408. Very nice! Out of curiousity was this show here in the tri-state (Ohio, KY,IN) area? Judging by your name Id guess you operate in some capacity here at the University in Cincinnati.

Awesome! Flagg!

Found a collection of Food Fighters. Ridiculously hilarious toys from the late 80s.

Should have been a great success story.

All of the figures, minus one, were MOC. All of the vehicles in the box.

Old hippie rolls up.

Pulls out a indoor trash bag with all of the items thrown in.

Pulls them out and half are now split from the card because of the amazing handling.

What an absolute waste. Just the simplest of care and they would have been fine. Made it 24 years only to be thwarted in a short car drive.

Oh yeah, enjoyed my 1st stand-up by a Craigslister today. I know, I'm happy that I've been this lucky so far. What a DB thing for people to do.

Patrick

That is tragic.. those toys actually go for pretty good money on Ebay, especially the vehicles. I'm pretty nostalgic about these myself as I remember getting them from K-mart all the time when I was 10 or so. Unfortunately mine are long gone. :cry:

I shouldn't complain.

The price was definitely good. Even loose, they pull down some good bread. They are dead mint loose with all of the accessories and packaging.

Half of them are still sealed.

Pretty nice getting the entire line in one swoop. I have an extra Fat Frenchy on a half-card that will likely be sold now.

Patrick

I didn't catch the 408. Very nice! Out of curiousity was this show here in the tri-state (Ohio, KY,IN) area? Judging by your name Id guess you operate in some capacity here at the University in Cincinnati.

Show was in Indianapolis....I almost attended U of C back in 1980 but at the last moment decided on Ball State in Muncie IN....which I now happen to teach and coach at the high school in Muncie and like U of C our mascot is the Bearcat....thus Bearcatcoach!

Show was in Indianapolis....I almost attended U of C back in 1980 but at the last moment decided on Ball State in Muncie IN....which I now happen to teach and coach at the high school in Muncie and like U of C our mascot is the Bearcat....thus Bearcatcoach!

Good man! I'm a fellow MAC alumnus from Toledo. Nice job with your books!

Good man! I'm a fellow MAC alumnus from Toledo. Nice job with your books!

Excellent school....The Rockets!

Indianapolis shows are generally pretty good.....here are a couple of my favorite purchases of the day.

imagejpg1_zps067c86ef.jpg

They were not a couple bucks each....lol

But $50 for the pair was a fair price I thought!

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/bks/4517539200.html

does this seem like a good deal?

feel free to do it-- phoenix area CL -- been there for a month, did not try to contact

also-- what a bizarre spread of books

and no-- it is not me or anyone I know, just thought it was an interesting set of books with some potential if you can talk them down a bit

That's looks like $200+ (being extremely conservative) worth of books.

I'm not sure what's different about this post and the one where Red84 paid someone $2 for a VG House of Secrets 92.

:shrug:

Where do I paypal the $200? I'll do it right now.

That's looks like $200+ (being extremely conservative) worth of books.

I'm not sure what's different about this post and the one where Red84 paid someone $2 for a VG House of Secrets 92.

:shrug:

Where do I paypal the $200? I'll do it right now.

lol

sorry I only accept wire transfers.

When did this thread go awry?I can see all sorts of butthurt all over,but can't find the beginning.

Here is something an old customer used to say...sometimes you win,sometimes you win less,but as long as you are above ground,you never lose.

To get back on topic, I went to a garage sale this morning that had advertised comic books for sale. I ended up not buying any comics (just some Conans in the high 100s/low 200s) but I did pick up 17 different Marvel Legends action figures still new in the box complete with the accompanying comic. All for $3 each.

I also picked up a few Superhero and Star Wars Pez figures (some still complete) for $1 each.

Oh, and then I found 3 NM+ copies of Walking Dead #127 1st printing at a local Vintage Stock for $2.69 each. :grin:

Edited by Shark