• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Showcase Collecting Thread
5 5

944 posts in this topic

Showcase 8 should get a bump soon.

Some more fuel for the fires . . . Episode 8 - coincidence?

Andrew Kreisberg Talks ARROW/THE FLASH Crossover And How JUSTICE LEAGUE Impacts Them

"When Felicity is in Episode 4 of The Flash, it will be Wentworth Miller’s first episode as Captain Cold,"

"And then, both Episode 8 of Arrow and The Flash will be a two-part cross-over. Not to toot our own horns, but I think we’ve designed it in a way that, if you’re not watching The Flash, you can just enjoy it from the Arrow perspective, where these crazy Flash people show up for an episode, and vice versa. We don’t want to be brazen and assume that everybody is watching both shows. Hopefully, they will be. I think it’s one of those things where, if you’re not watching both shows, whichever show you’re watching, it will all make sense to you. But at the same time, if you are watching both shows, you’re really gonna get a fun, cool two-night event."

"There really aren’t that many characters that we’ve asked to use, that we haven’t gotten access to. Fortunately for us, with Arrow, we were able to bring on Deathstroke and The Huntress, and this year we have Katana. It was actually DC comics’ idea for us to use Ray Palmer/The Atom. On The Flash, with Geoff Johns, our partner, we’ve carved out this whole world of characters that we have access to. There are the big ones that fit into the Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman mythos, but since we’re not using those characters, they’re subsidiary characters don’t really feel necessary to us. We never feel like we’re confined. We’re more impressed that we get to play with as many characters as we do. By the end of this season, on both shows, we’ll have Green Arrow, Black Canary, Katana, The Atom, Firestorm and The Flash. If you’ve got Green Arrow and The Flash, why would you want Batman and Superman around? I think we’ve figured out how to do those characters really well. There’s something very distancing about Superman and Batman that I think works so well in the features, but that I’m not sure would necessarily lend themselves to a weekly series. We’re very happy with the characters that we have."

Any word back on splitting the set yet?

I got a response from "Nicole" - she said the following:

"Sorry I missed the previous thread final discussion/decision/conversation. I will put on the FULL SET request on order received...today, since it really isn't an expansion request. Showcase 1-61 and 62-104.

Thanks,

Nicole"

So I guess it's going to happen hm

Someone nipped me at the wire on the Don/Maggie pedigree SC 62 last night on HA. I hope it went to a good home. lol

Don/Maggie Showcase are very difficult to win.

I have been outbig (again :cry: ) in all last auctions.

The only issue which was sold at a correct price was #54.

I only hope boba's the happy winner of this one ! ;)

Someone nipped me at the wire on the Don/Maggie pedigree SC 62 last night on HA. I hope it went to a good home. lol

Totally forgot to bid - remembered at 11:15 :boo:

Oh well . . . (shrug)

16, 28, 29 & 54 hm

I actually had gotten a #54 but I discovered a stain on the cover and returned it to Metro.

Wonderful :applause:

I would dream to have only 4 issues to complete a 1-61 run !

I understand when you talked about missing a 16... it is very scarce.

Didn't see much 28 either, and I always been outbid for this one.

Maybe you will try the 54 Don/Maggie on HA soon ?

Seems to be a very nice book !

Hmmm, maybe I will :idea:

I blew it :flamed:

Oh well . . . (shrug)

Too bad ! I was sure it was you ! doh!

Well, I am sure a better one is waiting for you ;)

Oh well . . . (shrug)

Too bad ! I was sure it was you ! doh!

Well, I am sure a better one is waiting for you ;)

If by saying better you mean cheaper - right on :headbang:

I'm a cheap sonavagun who'd be happy with a 7+/- copy. lol

I don't have the budgets to buy nosebleed grades all the time,

But I do appreciate you rooting for me to win it. I guess I must've known it'd go high. Prolly why I "forgot" to bid. Subconsciously being budget conscious.

All those Thompsons seemed to. I actually snagged the #52 - no one bid on it. My copy is a 6.0 I believe - its an upgrade even with the staple pop. So I will soon have at least 1 Thompson ped in my set.

I managed to pick up 3 Don/Maggie's last night. 39,40, and 46. They finished right at my tapout point, so I got pretty lucky. I'll post the scans tonight.

I saw them this morning - they did get up there.

My one Don/Maggie pedigree win from last weeks Sunday auction.

Unlike the ones you got, this came off of the El-Cheapo rack :grin:

SC52cNEW_zps62ad194b.jpg

Post your wins Sam, so we can all ogle 'em. :banana: 'specially the Metal Men's :luhv: