• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,433 posts in this topic

why do only very few people collect GA Batman?

They are rarely seen here imo

I collect GA, SA, BA, CA, and modern Batman's. Here is an old picture from when I finished the run. The Batman 10 was the last book I needed. That copy has been upgraded since the picture.

61278-Batman_fan.jpg

Bruce, I didn't know you had a Batman 1 and 2!

I don't. I previously mentioned that my Batman 1 is just a copy...and number two is not much more than a nice copy of the cover.

Edited by BB-Gun

Bruce, I didn't know you had a Batman 1 and 2!

I don't. I previously mentioned that my Batman 1 is just a copy...and number two is not much more than a nice copy of the cover.

Gotcha, I missed that in your other post. I also have that same reprint(the Masterpiece edition, If I'm correct).

you don't have a comic collection until you have a classic-cover batman in it.

batman22.jpg

Undoubtedly the absolute worst cov ... oh, ah great book! :D

Dude, that is THE famous "Dancing Alfred" cover. (thumbs u

It's books like this that have turned me against having to collect full runs. I'm sure the Archive reprint will do just fine for this issue(and several others).

you don't have a comic collection until you have a classic-cover batman in it.

batman22.jpg

Undoubtedly the absolute worst cov ... oh, ah great book! :D

Dude, that is THE famous "Dancing Alfred" cover. (thumbs u

I know, I know ... and I've spent decades avoiding it! Not that it's not a wonderful book and all .... :/

it does give me pride in ownership, being 1of only 4 sherwood books labeled as such. but it is a classically silly dc cover, fersure.

CGC should adopt this notation on their slabs. There is "classic cover" and then there is "classically silly DC covers".

it does give me pride in ownership, being 1of only 4 sherwood books labeled as such. but it is a classically silly dc cover, fersure.

You're lucky it wasn't a 9.8. That would be a big chunk of change to fill that hole in your pedigree collection. lol

That's odd. Did CGC only recognize the pedigree for a few weeks? hm

something about the colors has always drawn me to this one, and this vancouver copy just went up on w'wide. so glad to have it.

usm4.jpg

Very nice! #4 doesn't get as much love as #2 and #3 in the run, but it's a cool book nonetheless!