• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

I have noticed all the NM copies of Star Wars: Jedi - Mace Windu have dried up on eBay. There is only a single listing for a VF/NM copy. This is a comic that usually has 5-10 copies on eBay at any given time.

I'm guessing it is due to this older rumor that Lupita Nyong'o will be playing Asajj Ventress in the new movie. SWJMW is the first appearance of Asajj in comics:

http://io9.com/is-lupita-nyongo-playing-asajj-ventress-in-star-wars-e-1571699619

Hmmmm, interesting.

Thanks.

SW Tales 19 is the one I think do well.

I read something a month or two ago that all of the Star. wars stuff outside of the movies was no longer considered canon. I hope that's not the case because there are lots of good stories outside of the movies like Crimson Empire, Dark Empire, and the Rogue Squadron series. Does this matter to people who collect SW comics ?

None of the Star Wars Tales books were ever part of canon. They are campfire stories shared between characters within the Star Wars universe that may or may not have elements of canon in them.

And while all of the stuff outside the movies was labeled non-canon that doesn't mean the studio won't take characters, events, or other elements whose source material was outside the movies and adopt them by bringing them into the movies. For instance they already stated that Boba Fett is alive in the Star Wars cinematic universe, that idea didn't come from the existing Star Wars movies, at least not explicitly. The new movies could still take an established character from the expanded universe and give them a blank slate.

I have noticed all the NM copies of Star Wars: Jedi - Mace Windu have dried up on eBay. There is only a single listing for a VF/NM copy. This is a comic that usually has 5-10 copies on eBay at any given time.

I'm guessing it is due to this older rumor that Lupita Nyong'o will be playing Asajj Ventress in the new movie. SWJMW is the first appearance of Asajj in comics:

http://io9.com/is-lupita-nyongo-playing-asajj-ventress-in-star-wars-e-1571699619

Hmmmm, interesting.

Thanks.

I read something a month or two ago that all of the Star. wars stuff outside of the movies was no longer considered canon. I hope that's not the case because there are lots of good stories outside of the movies like Crimson Empire, Dark Empire, and the Rogue Squadron series. Does this matter to people who collect SW comics ?

None of the Star Wars Tales books were ever part of canon. They are campfire stories shared between characters within the Star Wars universe that may or may not have elements of canon in them.

And while all of the stuff outside the movies was labeled non-canon that doesn't mean the studio won't take characters, events, or other elements whose source material was outside the movies and adopt them by bringing them into the movies. For instance they already stated that Boba Fett is alive in the Star Wars cinematic universe, that idea didn't come from the existing Star Wars movies, at least not explicitly. The new movies could still take an established character from the expanded universe and give them a blank slate.

(thumbs u

Thanks !

Five Ghosts us inching up but the big boys are in seclusion.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=five+ghosts+1&LH_Sold=1&_osacat=63&_from=R40&LH_Complete=1&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xfive+ghosts+&_nkw=five+ghosts+&_sacat=63

I'd say 40 different purchases speaks volumes about the positive impact of announcements. 2c

Mine wont be going anywhere for a while unless I get some very generous offers.

And things like my ashcan are priceless to me :D

Five Ghosts us inching up but the big boys are in seclusion.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=five+ghosts+1&LH_Sold=1&_osacat=63&_from=R40&LH_Complete=1&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xfive+ghosts+&_nkw=five+ghosts+&_sacat=63

I'd say 40 different purchases speaks volumes about the positive impact of announcements. 2c

Mine wont be going anywhere for a while unless I get some very generous offers.

And things like my ashcan are priceless to me :D

I don't blame you. You let it go, good luck getting another one.

Hmmmm, interesting.

Thanks.

Boba Fett survived in the Marvel comics, are those considered canon? I heard they were going to start renumbering at 108 so does that mean they will keep the continuity?

Hmmmm, interesting.

Thanks.

Boba Fett survived in the Marvel comics, are those considered canon? I heard they were going to start renumbering at 108 so does that mean they will keep the continuity?

hm

If they didn't intend for the definition to be used then why did they write it so clearly? Anyways I never said Overstreet was the ultimate arbiter of the market. I just gave one example of a pretty straight forward definition from a respected comic book resource to justify the first appearance of a character on a cover in a comic book. That is all. Also the hobby hasn't rejected anything, its just slowly catching on.

Just so people do not accuse me of trying to derail this thread, here is one that's heatin' up

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Night-Mary-1-by-Rick-Remender-Kieron-Dwyer-Fear-Agent-COMBINED-SHIPPING-/331265644606?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item4d20f8983e

Don't worry about derailing. It's the essence of organic conversation and debate.

Hmmmm, interesting.

Thanks.

It bothers some people, it doesn't bother others. I am okay with Disney ejecting the current EU so as to not tie their hands for the new movies. The first comics in the new canon have been the Darth Maul: Son of Dathomir. In addition to the movies, the Clone Wars cartoon is also part of the canon.

Several of the Marvel Star Wars stories were not part of the legacy EU and it never bugged me.

Hmmmm, interesting.

Thanks.

Why SW Tales 19? (shrug)

Hmmmm, interesting.

Thanks.

Why SW Tales 19? (shrug)

If they use Ventress I wonder if Dathomir with be featured in the film. Personally I only care cause I want to see a sh*t ton of Male Rancors.

Hmmmm, interesting.

Thanks.

Yes, the numbering starts at #108 so they can make a big fuss about it and have 108 variants. The next issue will be Star Wars #1 - MARVEL NOW!!! Big fuss, lots of variants followed by the next issue All New Star Wars #1..... Big fuss, lots of variants leading into a reboot of the series with a new 1st issue.

They're hoping people don't realise the stories are garbage & should have stayed at Dark Horse

"Yes, the numbering starts at #108 so they can make a big fuss about it and have 108 variants. The next issue will be Star Wars #1 - MARVEL NOW!!! Big fuss, lots of variants followed by the next issue All New Star Wars #1..... Big fuss, lots of variants leading into a reboot of the series with a new 1st issue.

They're hoping people don't realise the stories are garbage & should have stayed at Dark Horse"

This made me laugh....

Can we talk about Marvel Age 97?

What the is wrong with you people?

First Darkhawk? really? $15+ really?

marvel Age 12 - first appearance of Spider-man Black Costume, completed sales of $20?!

if there wasn't an earlier sign of the coming comic book apocalypse this is it now.

Jimmy I usually enjoy your posts but not this one. How is Marvel age not the first appearance of Darkhawk?

There is a preview of Darkhawk #1 in MA 97, but Darkhawk does not appear in the story. Darkhawk appears on the cover and on a pin-up on the inside. If we go by this criteria, then Previews magazine is where most characters' first appearances would be.

All lies. It's a worthless comic. (tsk)

:facepalm:

Wow, someone is going to be upset I think. Not that its anyone else's fault, its clearly listed as the 1 for $1

Edited by AntBrown

:facepalm:

I'm not sure what to say.

Great Googly Moogly

Edited by siro123