• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gen 13
1 1

226 posts in this topic

Yes the points are ridiculous. I purchased a Blue Label 9.8 last year thinking that i had finally found an unsigned copy, but it has the JSC sig just like yours. It was just really hard to see from the pics. Needless to say, it is one mistake that i never want CGC to fix.

If i could ever figure out how to post pics in the forum, i would be happy to show you.

Well, I never did find an unsigned copy so I went ahead and sent in my Campbell. The registry points on even a qualified 9.8 are ridiculous!

DSC_0640-X2.jpg

I have an unsigned copy. Only issue is it has spine wear out of the box that I opened this year :(

Anybody know if it can be fixed or pressed?

So who knows of second printings and third printings :shrug: of any of the original series? I know there is a second printing of #1 of the limited series, anything else?

The ones I know of, came several years after even the 2nd printing of the mini-series #1

- There was the 3-D release with the two different covers (one a cover of the 1st printing, another of the 2nd).

- There was an issue made especially for Toyfare one year, with an ad on the back, showing the 4 figures that were meant to be part of the first wave of the toyline. Only Fairchild got released, but we were also expected to get Roxy, Grunge, and Freefall.

- There's one called the Gen 1 Encore #1, which shows Fairchild in a French Maid outfit, using the art Campbell did for a trading card.

- There was a Milennium Edition released around 2000, that had the 1st printing's cover image skewed on the front.

- And there was an Ashcan release (a smaller version of the #1 issue with the imagery not having color. This was released with a purple cover).

Btw, it has been awhile, but I thought I'd link to some images of my own Do-It-Yourself Covers I had sketched on.

The first was done by Jim Lee, back in 1996, at Comic-Con.

This was my second time attending SDCC, but I was a little sad that J Scott Campbell was not attending. I did get plenty of stuff signed by Alex Garner and Brandon Choi, though.

As it turned out, Jim Lee was also in attendance as part of the upcoming Heroes Reborn promotion at the Marvel Booth. When they made the announcement that he would be signing, I decided to see if he would sign the Do-It-Yourself Cover I had brought (I had hoped to get Garner to draw on it, but he said it would have taken him quite awhile).

So, getting in line, we were limited to only 2 pieces to sign. I brought forth my European Tour Edition, Issue #11 (which had already been signed by Garner and Choi).

When I handed over the DIY cover, Lee started signing his name. It was then that I asked if he could draw Fairchild, since she was my favorite. And so, part of the 'J' in Jim's name became a strand of hair on Fairchild's head. (I still have a picture I took of Lee drawing her).

I still remember the guy behind me when meeting Lee going, "That was really nice of you to draw that for him."

jm1m.jpg

This is one of those stories that I think shows how I can be tenacious regarding some things.

After first seeing the DIY cover in 1995, it became a quest to one day have J Scott Campbell draw Fairchild on one. I would see Campbell many times over the years, but many a time he declined due to long lines, and other things.

It was during C2E2 in 2010, that I made my fifth attempt (and I had been trying for 15 years). I was one of the first few people in line, and I explained to Campbell how long I had been attempting to get a sketch. Of course, I was polite about it, and was more than willing to understand if he said 'sorry' again.

However, I still remember him going, "well, there is a long line of people, but you've been waiting for this for such a long time, that I'll do it."

It was rather gracious, in that he had been detained getting to the convention center, and many of us had waited an extra hour or so for him to arrive.

And so, over the course of 5 minutes, I watched as Campbell went from mechanical pencils, to the final inks. And so, a bucket list item had been attained...I had wanted this since I was 15 years old, and at the age of 30, I had an original Campbell sketch all to myself! As well, his image of Fairchild is usually how I think of her: as a rather cute/shy girl, who doesn't seem to realize just how hot she is.

jsc1m.jpg

I'm guessing your avatar is your Campbell sketch? Very cool :applause:

As for Choi, I have never met him. I have one of his chromium autographed books and that's it. Never even seen him make an appearance anywhere on my side of the country.

I'm guessing your avatar is your Campbell sketch? Very cool :applause:

As for Choi, I have never met him. I have one of his chromium autographed books and that's it. Never even seen him make an appearance anywhere on my side of the country.

I only saw him once, back at Comic-Con in 1996. He and Garner were at a signing table, and I had a few things signed by him.

I went to a comic shop a few miles away, and found a Choi-autographed #1B cover from the ongoing series, for only $1 (along with a 1C variant for the same!).

So did anyone see the teaser for the new Gen 13 team in Supergirl 33? What did you think?

:headbang:

I gotta check that out. I think you pm'd me about that, but I thought it was to the wrong boardie because I don't read DC!

So did anyone see the teaser for the new Gen 13 team in Supergirl 33? What did you think?

:headbang:

I gotta check that out. I think you pm'd me about that, but I thought it was to the wrong boardie because I don't read DC!

yeah with superboy in it.