• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cry For Dawn / Dawn Appreciation Thread
6 6

291 posts in this topic

Sweet copy!

Now if I can just find a reasonable shape / price on a CFD #1 I'll have that set, no variants but that's ok.

Cry For Dawn books are like tattoos. Once you get one set done, you want to work on another. Those limiteds are fun to go for, and hell, there's only 1500-2500 of them, so they're interesting to chase.

Another Horrorcon #3 showed up on the 'Bay - very nice copy, stapled at the center. I will agree with the seller, hard to find in really nice shape!

This is still holding strong at $900. Wonder what the offer was for...

Thanks to a fellow boardie (he can volunteer his identity if he so chooses) I was able to procure this CFD 1 counterfeit. I know these present some gray morals as far as having them in one's collection but I find them to be interesting historical artifacts.

CFD1Counterfeit_zps055baca1.jpg

Thanks to a fellow boardie (he can volunteer his identity if he so chooses) I was able to procure this CFD 1 counterfeit. I know these present some gray morals as far as having them in one's collection but I find them to be interesting historical artifacts.

CFD1Counterfeit_zps055baca1.jpg

Glad you are happy.

I wouldn't own one. :(

I'm about to send in a nice lot if anyone is looking for registry points or upgrades. Included will be 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, and 9 (all first prints) as well as the CFD calendar. All should grade 9.8.

Also picked up a 7 limited and a 1 third print that should grade 9.8. :whee:

This one was a pickup from a boardie. Got this one back a couple of weeks ago, but it needs a new holder as it's.....

actually a 4 limited :o

I've gotten a few on the cheap that way....

:whistle:

Books that have the wrong label? I've never been that lucky. I seem to always have to spend money on wrong labels to send them back and get them corrected.

I've got to imagine with the quality control that CGC has, it's got to be really rare for a book to go out with the wrong label. hm:roflmao:

This one was a pickup from a boardie. Got this one back a couple of weeks ago, but it needs a new holder as it's.....

Books that have the wrong label? I've never been that lucky. I seem to always have to spend money on wrong labels to send them back and get them corrected.

I've got to imagine with the quality control that CGC has, it's got to be really rare for a book to go out with the wrong label. hm:roflmao:

No, people not understanding the limited edition version of this book.

No, people not understanding the limited edition version of this book.

Yeah, lots of folks overlook the 5 limited as well.

That cover to #4 is my favorite of the run. Congrats!

I know this is a modern, but is anyone going to be getting the Dawn / Vampi series? Looks like there are a few other covers happening for the #1:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/08/15/dawnvampirella-1-gets-new-cover/

I would love for Vampi to be hot again. I bought boatloads of variants from Harris in the early 00s, long boxes worth, including about 50 RBs.

Would be nice for those to get hot again.

:cloud9:

That cover to #4 is my favorite of the run. Congrats!

I know this is a modern, but is anyone going to be getting the Dawn / Vampi series? Looks like there are a few other covers happening for the #1:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/08/15/dawnvampirella-1-gets-new-cover/

#4 is my favorite as well. I'll try to post a pretty cool pic this weekend of an item related to it. Don't think I've shared it yet.... hm

I'm about to send in a nice lot if anyone is looking for registry points or upgrades. Included will be 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, and 9 (all first prints) as well as the CFD calendar. All should grade 9.8.

Also picked up a 7 limited and a 1 third print that should grade 9.8. :whee:

Wow. (worship)

A CFD run of 9.8s would be pretty sweet.