• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Statue Collections
23 23

5,036 posts in this topic

I'm not actually at SDCC, just gathering other people's pics. Wish I was there.

Phoney.jpg

You big Phony! I was telling Awax to go look over by the Sideshow booth and see if you were over there to say :hi:

:D

lol When did I say I was there?

All I said was I'd post pics as they surfaced because I don't expect that anyone at SDCC will take the time to post here about Sideshow's booth.

:eyeroll:

Here's a scaled-down sample of some really high quality pics for the purposes of this thread. If you want to see all of this guy's pics in their full glory, here's the link, and he'll be updating more as the con progresses:

http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=145887&page=2

bg2highres_zpsed915944.jpg

bghighres1_zpsa9f09a6d.jpg

IMG_3060_zps5925df2f.jpg

IMG_3011_zps8946baa8.jpg

IMG_3010_zpsaefa29c4.jpg

IMG_3460_zps80a2f83a.jpg

IMG_3474_zps5a375f2e.jpg

IMG_3473_zps2b185051.jpg

ddhighres2_zpse50fc0dd.jpg

ddhighres_zps7a494942.jpg

:ohnoez:

I've already pre-ordered the Daredevil. I want to order the Doctor Doom and Boba Fett.

The more I see these pics, the more and more I want. I'm worried Kevin's statement re: "once you buy one, you'll want more and more".... even that Catwoman statue looks awesome!

:tonofbricks:

I've already pre-ordered the Daredevil. I want to order the Doctor Doom and Boba Fett.

The more I see these pics, the more and more I want. I'm worried Kevin's statement re: "once you buy one, you'll want more and more".... even that Catwoman statue looks awesome!

This stuff is crack. And if you think it's bad now, wait until you start getting them in-hand.

Most statue collectors start out just wanting one or two.

Godzilla is definitely going to hurt your wallet.

IMG_0202.jpg

2vlwvfm.jpg

28wcig2.jpg

Preview-Night-Sideshow9_zps84d098c9.jpg

Preview-Night-Sideshow13_zps54ba82e9.jpg

Preview-Night-Sideshow14_zps203c8e96.jpg

Preview-Night-Sideshow15_zps4152b236.jpg

10559809_509560175856187_6510622107231649372_n.jpg

Preview-Night-Sideshow5_zps684f08b5.jpg

Preview-Night-Sideshow8_zps3009e58e.jpg

Preview-Night-Sideshow049_zpsa82d05e9.jpg

Preview-Night-Sideshow217_zpsf21454d5.jpg

Preview-Night-Sideshow98_zpsdb5a791f.jpg

Preview-Night-Sideshow018_zps78ff0297.jpg

Preview-Night-Sideshow102_zps86ff1043.jpg

Preview-Night-Sideshow101_zps6c5d9cd5.jpg

This stuff is crack. And if you think it's bad now, wait until you start getting them in-hand.

This is the truth. And once you get into PF's specifically, everything else pales in comparison. I used to be a HUGE Bowen collector. I was an early adopter of his statues, followed him when he got into mini-busts, joined the original Collector Club, etc. HUGE fan. And I still think he does beautiful work. But once I started getting Sideshow PF's, I had to sell the Bowen stuff off. It just didn't "fit" anymore.

So far from what I've seen I'll just be adding Batgirl to my list, maybe Power Girl. I'm trying to stick to DC Bat Family gals, but some of the others are irresistible. I'm still super psyched about my Hellboy Exclusive coming in September. :cloud9:

This is the truth. And once you get into PF's specifically, everything else pales in comparison. I used to be a HUGE Bowen collector. I was an early adopter of his statues, followed him when he got into mini-busts, joined the original Collector Club, etc. HUGE fan. And I still think he does beautiful work. But once I started getting Sideshow PF's, I had to sell the Bowen stuff off. It just didn't "fit" anymore.

So far from what I've seen I'll just be adding Batgirl to my list, maybe Power Girl. I'm trying to stick to DC Bat Family gals, but some of the others are irresistible. I'm still super psyched about my Hellboy Exclusive coming in September. :cloud9:

PFs are definitely a game changer. Although they appear expensive, when you've got a good one in-hand, it feels like you bought an art piece, not a manufactured collectible. And when compared to other scales and manufacturers (particularly Bowen) you pay more, but you get a lot more bang for your buck as well. Even people who know nothing of this hobby or these characters can appreciate them.

I had a huge smaller-scale collection from 2002 to around 2006; amassed over 100 pieces, so I did like them a lot. But it's a different hobby entirely now.

Short, good quality videos courtesy of averone007 on youtube:

Edited by COI

:censored: I knew I shouldn't have looked at those Hi-Res images.

Looks like I'll be in line to order Batgirl too :luhv:

I thought the Wonder Woman looked much better in the pictures from the Con display than what they had on their site.

It's not my thing, but those Court of the Dead pieces look really great too.

The problem I'm going to run into is space to display them. :cry:

Even if I wanted to buy a bunch of them, it's not like I have several wings to my small starter home! :D

I can just see the reaction on the part of the missus when I try to convince her that Boba Fett would look perfect on her dresser. :taptaptap:(tsk):pullhair:

So, that more than anything would be what would hold me back from really diving in. Someday when I have a mancave... :cloud9:

The problem I'm going to run into is space to display them. :cry:

Even if I wanted to buy a bunch of them, it's not like I have several wings to my small starter home! :D

I can just see the reaction on the part of the missus when I try to convince her that Boba Fett would look perfect on her dresser. :taptaptap:(tsk):pullhair:

So, that more than anything would be what would hold me back from really diving in. Someday when I have a mancave... :cloud9:

Man up and put your foot down! :)

Buy them and worry about displaying them later

You'd actually need a good sized bookshelf. Can always install sturdy wall shelfs!