• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

~~THE~~GIVING~~TREE~~
6 6

7,208 posts in this topic

Here is my first offer which is pretty sweet if I do say so. Its a limited edition post card designed, signed and sketched by our own Shiverbones. It was limited to just 25 and the sketch on the back was done in black ink. Very heavy paper on this one - perfect for framing with one of his other pieces.

ShiverbonesFront_zps6407e66d.jpg

Shiverbones2_zps7a7750d0.jpg

Option 2 - Vengeance of Bane 1 - 2 spine ticks so I give it a 9.4/9.6

and Black Panther 1 VF/NM

th_P7060530_zps172619c7.jpg

th_BlackPanther1B_zpsf481f068.jpg

Option 3 - GD+ to GD/VG copy of Spiderman 50 - Sorry for the pen but the upper right corner looks nice and clean

Spiderman50Front_zps1917ba8e.jpg

th_Spiderman50Back_zpsf61485b2.jpg

:bump: with option 3

Well, heck, let's do it, option #3. :takeit:

I should have some valuable drek kicking around at home, I'll post two options later today/tonight.

Hey guys...

It has been brought to my attention, that my offer might not be quite up to par. I don't think I really have anything else worth adding to "sweeten the deal", so I am going to rescind my :takeit: on the ASM 50.

I have been watching this thread for a while, and I would hate to be the nail in the coffin, so to speak.

I will keep my eye on the thread, and look out for something of lower value next time.

Sorry :P

wait now, no offense to you personally, but he gets to rescind with no strike after all these shenanigans?

RAK alert!!!

First :takeit: wins! I'm not limiting to only those who have not taken a RAK yet, but if you have, let others have a go at this first please.

Choose one:

Option 1: X-Men Masterworks

X-Men Volume One

cFZJDd2.jpg

Uncanny X-Men Volume Two

BxAy0tK.jpg

Option 2: Guardians of the Galaxy Funkos!

The whole set:

zNg0Y06.jpg

Option 3: Batman Hardcovers

Batman - Death in the Family (volume three)

3Yad9cx.jpg

Batman - A Celebration of 75 years

BYRVyu7.jpg

Option 4: Marvel Select figures

Green Goblin vs. Spider-man - Recreate ASM #39 cover!

lIgaoXC.jpg

Thanos!!!

EuGE25W.jpg

Meeklo, as you received a Strike, I'm sorry but there is no participation for a month. RAK's included. :sorry:

I'm sure they'll gladly be claimed in a month. :foryou:

Well since the ability for me to own up to my own mistake was taken from me and I "have" to accept a strike…I think I'll leave this up as a goodwill token. Makes me feel better being able to do something I believe is right without anyone judging me or it. So if anyone wants it, feel free to post a :takeit: or even PM me a :takeit: if you feel like you could be cast out from the group.

I love you wanting to give but why not come back in one month and use your great offer to make some people happy. This thread will probably be around for awhile so why not abide by the rules and come back in a month and join in any way you feel comfortable with.

Because I would like the opportunity to prove that my offer was not about greed or trying to cheat anyone. Almost everyone seemed to be quick at slamming my offer and/or calling my reasoning for going with $40-$50 range BS.

So while it is still on everyone's mind, I want to be able to do the right thing. I will not accept any offers or RAKs for a month but I'm okay with someone taking mine if they want. No reason I should have to wait on giving to others…..

I don't understand your reasoning. I sent you an idea of combining several of your offerings into one big offer and you said you could not or would not do that. Now you are giving away the batch of books and stuff even though its currently against the rules.

I did not combine them in the RAK…I just want to do the right thing.

Hey guys...

It has been brought to my attention, that my offer might not be quite up to par. I don't think I really have anything else worth adding to "sweeten the deal", so I am going to rescind my :takeit: on the ASM 50.

I have been watching this thread for a while, and I would hate to be the nail in the coffin, so to speak.

I will keep my eye on the thread, and look out for something of lower value next time.

wait now, no offense to you personally, but he gets to rescind with no strike after all these shenanigans?

Agreed…the only reason anyone on here rescinds is to avoid the strike, plain and simple.

It should either be rescind and you get a strike or rescind and nothing else happens.

Almost everyone seemed to be quick at slamming my offer and/or calling my reasoning for going with $40-$50 range BS.

I missed your offers...which one was $40-50?

Swick posted these values:

Option 1: $17.48

Option 2: $21.23

Option 3: $6.73 + $14.99

Option 4: $17.41

Option 5: $20.49

Was there an offer that combined 3 out of these 5? ???

Here is my first offer which is pretty sweet if I do say so. Its a limited edition post card designed, signed and sketched by our own Shiverbones. It was limited to just 25 and the sketch on the back was done in black ink. Very heavy paper on this one - perfect for framing with one of his other pieces.

ShiverbonesFront_zps6407e66d.jpg

Shiverbones2_zps7a7750d0.jpg

Option 2 - Vengeance of Bane 1 - 2 spine ticks so I give it a 9.4/9.6

and Black Panther 1 VF/NM

th_P7060530_zps172619c7.jpg

th_BlackPanther1B_zpsf481f068.jpg

Option 3 - GD+ to GD/VG copy of Spiderman 50 - Sorry for the pen but the upper right corner looks nice and clean

Spiderman50Front_zps1917ba8e.jpg

th_Spiderman50Back_zpsf61485b2.jpg

:bump: with option 3

Well, heck, let's do it, option #3. :takeit:

I should have some valuable drek kicking around at home, I'll post two options later today/tonight.

Thanks. Please get me off the hot seat - its draining.

Almost everyone seemed to be quick at slamming my offer and/or calling my reasoning for going with $40-$50 range BS.

Only in an idea I floated to him via PM.

I was still in the middle or correcting them when Harvey posted that. He jumped the gun on what was posted already. Yes, granted that can be considered my fault for posting without completely finishing my offer, but "oh well".

See my RAK to see what the actual offer was…all of those Options are between $40-$50.

I believe that the concepts of generosity and protectiveness of the thread's integrity can coexist, indeed.. MUST coexist for this thread to survive and thrive.

People can, and will, take everything they can, leaving nothing (or next to nothing) in return.

It's why we can't have nice things.

Swick's got every right to defend the viability of his thread and enforce his rules.

Honestly, I believe people should see the offer, realize internally if they can or cannot give in kind, and either post or walk away depending on their realization.

Right, but let’s not idealize it – that’s why we have rules: because of the human nature.

Meeklo abided by the rules: I can’t see why he should get the veto.

And even not to post free offers: this is really nonsense.

Claudio - I need you to just take a step back and think about this for a second. That's nice of Meeklo to offer up something for free. (thumbs u But he was vetoed and got a strike so there comes with it a penalty. That penalty is a one month suspension. That includes RAK's whether that is giving or taking. I'm going to enforce the rule if someone tries to TAKE an offering as well so I'm just being fair both ways. I don't know why this is a difficult concept to understand. A one month suspension means just that. (shrug) There is nothing preventing Meeklo from coming back in a month and offering up the same stuff free again.

Hey guys...

Agreed…the only reason anyone on here rescinds is to avoid the strike, plain and simple.

It should either be rescind and you get a strike or rescind and nothing else happens.

Ya the only reason to rescind is to avoid a strike. I think the option to rescind an offer needs to be taken off the table entirely. If you post it, it stays up until someone claims it or it gets veto'd.

If this doesn't result in another strike after you got one for doing the exact same thing somethings a bit wrong here.

Claudio - I need you to just take a step back and think about this for a second. That's nice of Meeklo to offer up something for free. (thumbs u But he was vetoed and got a strike so there comes with it a penalty. That penalty is a one month suspension. That includes RAK's whether that is giving or taking. I'm going to enforce the rule if someone tries to TAKE an offering as well so I'm just being fair both ways. I don't know why this is a difficult concept to understand. A one month suspension means just that. (shrug) There is nothing preventing Meeklo from coming back in a month and offering up the same stuff free again.

Again, what motivates that rule?

What I don’t understand is this idea of generosity. This is simply a thread about exchanging material. Generosity does not need rules, and does not need to be visible.

Ya the only reason to rescind is to avoid a strike. I think the option to rescind an offer needs to be taken off the table entirely. If you post it, it stays up until someone claims it or it gets veto'd.

If this doesn't result in another strike after you got one for doing the exact same thing somethings a bit wrong here.

My point. It‘s either one or the other. I did not like this "strike system" idea in the beginning, but if it is applied consistently it does not need additional rules like "suspension from the thread". All it needs is suspension from taking offers.

Inversely, if one realizes he’s not been adequate with his follow-up he should just be able to rescind.

What I don’t understand is this idea of generosity. This is simply a thread about exchanging material. Generosity does not need rules, and does not need to be visible.

Generosity does not need rules and does not need to be visible IF everyone shared the sentiment to give back and didn't take advantage of the generosity of others for personal gain and offering nothing up in return. If your altruistic, all-encompassing, blanket statement were true, PIF would be doing great and I wouldn't even have come up with the impetus to start this thread or make rules.

Unfortunately, not everyone shares your sense of giving back and honesty and not everyone WANTS to give back to the community. Sadly, "good enough" trumps "generosity" for some. Hence rules needed to be made.

RAK alert!!!

First :takeit: wins! I'm not limiting to only those who have not taken a RAK yet, but if you have, let others have a go at this first please.

Choose one:

Option 1: X-Men Masterworks

X-Men Volume One

cFZJDd2.jpg

Uncanny X-Men Volume Two

BxAy0tK.jpg

Option 2: Guardians of the Galaxy Funkos!

The whole set:

zNg0Y06.jpg

Option 3: Batman Hardcovers

Batman - Death in the Family (volume three)

3Yad9cx.jpg

Batman - A Celebration of 75 years

BYRVyu7.jpg

Option 4: Marvel Select figures

Green Goblin vs. Spider-man - Recreate ASM #39 cover!

lIgaoXC.jpg

Thanos!!!

EuGE25W.jpg

Meeklo, as you received a Strike, I'm sorry but there is no participation for a month. RAK's included. :sorry:

I'm sure they'll gladly be claimed in a month. :foryou:

Well since the ability for me to own up to my own mistake was taken from me and I "have" to accept a strike…I think I'll leave this up as a goodwill token. Makes me feel better being able to do something I believe is right without anyone judging me or it. So if anyone wants it, feel free to post a :takeit: or even PM me a :takeit: if you feel like you could be cast out from the group.

I love you wanting to give but why not come back in one month and use your great offer to make some people happy. This thread will probably be around for awhile so why not abide by the rules and come back in a month and join in any way you feel comfortable with.

Because I would like the opportunity to prove that my offer was not about greed or trying to cheat anyone. Almost everyone seemed to be quick at slamming my offer and/or calling my reasoning for going with $40-$50 range BS.

So while it is still on everyone's mind, I want to be able to do the right thing. I will not accept any offers or RAKs for a month but I'm okay with someone taking mine if they want. No reason I should have to wait on giving to others…..

I don't understand your reasoning. I sent you an idea of combining several of your offerings into one big offer and you said you could not or would not do that. Now you are giving away the batch of books and stuff even though its currently against the rules.

I did not combine them in the RAK…I just want to do the right thing.

Meeklo if you want to do the right thing, then don't publicly work around the rules that Swick has set. Delete this RAK, do not offer it publicly or privately, it's in direct violation of the rules. Is it a nice offer? Yes, very generous of you. The problem is that rules have been set and Swick even specifically clarified them for you. You're working against the rules, Swick and the thread itself. So if you want to do the right thing...

Again, it is a very nice offer. In a months time, it will still be a very nice offer.

Well.......with all this BS and bickering in here, all we are doing is scaring away people......just look at the activity in the last little bit, if you notice it's always the same guys participating. If we want this thread to work we need to get along, most of this stuff you guys are talikng about should be taken to PM's. Come on guys , lets try and make this work.

:roflmao: