• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

~~THE~~GIVING~~TREE~~
6 6

7,208 posts in this topic

I didn't say that - I sent him a polite e-mail and I'm definitely not against wielding my veto rights.

(thumbs u

Just seeing that "offer" made me a little :sick: and reminded me of WHY I created this thread to begin with. To prevent someone from taking an Amazing Spider-Man #50 and offering up something that you could buy off Amazon for less than $20.

Well, to be fair, 1cool's offer was a low grade copy that goes for approx. $40-$50 on da bay. So the definite downward spiral has happened.

I had it at $70 - $75 and it would have sold within a week.

I didn't say that - I sent him a polite e-mail and I'm definitely not against wielding my veto rights.

(thumbs u

Just seeing that "offer" made me a little :sick: and reminded me of WHY I created this thread to begin with. To prevent someone from taking an Amazing Spider-Man #50 and offering up something that you could buy off Amazon for less than $20.

Well, to be fair, 1cool's offer was a low grade copy that goes for approx. $40-$50 on da bay. So the definite downward spiral has happened.

And most of my Options are close to or within that range…that was the number I was trying to match.

Looks like Harvey jumped the shark on assuming the values of stuff before I was done.

(thumbs u

I had it at $70 - $75 and it would have sold within a week.

Oh, to be sure. Someone woulda hit a BIN on that in a week or two. Auctions never do as well anymore, though.

So I have gone to ebay to compare condition/values to what is currently up there.

This would have been a $40-$50 book last month before the news of Kingpin in the Daredevil show broke. Now this does look to be in the $75-$85 range.

Since I cannot afford that much right now (about to move in a few weeks and the whole fiasco with my cat), I'm going to have to rescind my offer.

I've been in discussions with Meeko and I know he has tried really hard to bring his offers up to a certain level but I'm going to use my veto option on these offers. I simply do not see these offers as being in line with the offers of this thread and I unfortunately see them not being accepted and grinding the thread to a halt. Sorry Meelko but my offer is back on the table. I'll add more offers if this one sits until this evening.

Happy to let him take back his offer.

Edited by 1Cool

I hate stuff like this happens when I'm driving

I'll elaborate more but one comment that cannot wait is "iron fist "

comment towards Swick

It's been his IF that had made this thread so successful ( see page 1), his hard work vision and and most of all the generosity of the members have made this work so well

It's not easy running a thread like this especially with the constant BS that takes place

Whether you like it or not many of us have enjoyed this thread and what it has accomplished

Again revisit page 1

I've been in discussions with Meeko and I know he has tried really hard to bring his offers up to a certain level but I'm going to use my veto option on these offers. I simply do not see these offers as being in line with the offers of this thread and I unfortunately see them not being accepted and grinding the thread to a halt. Sorry Meelko but my offer is back on the table. I'll add more offers if this one sits until this evening.

Happy to let him take back his offer.

:golfclap:

So does that actually count as a strike since I officially rescinded first according to the timestamp?

Yes.

Really, because Tamwood did not get a strike when he rescinded…and he left with an attitude. I still plan on hanging around and offering RAKs at least.

I appreciate the feedback everyone - but Tamwood wasn't vetoed or about to be vetoed.

It's like someone quitting their job when they're about to be fired. Not really voluntarily withdrawing an offer, but an attempt to avoid something. In this case rescinding an offer was for no other reason than to attempt to avoid a strike.

Well, in the attempt to bring some positive vibes up in here...

I would like to jump into the fray, and :takeit: the Spiderman 50 if I may.

Already contemplating my offering...

Nice! It presents even better in hand - I'll throw a couple more reader spideys into the priority envelope for you.