• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SAGA from Image Comics
6 6

9,900 posts in this topic

HOW HAVE YOU NOT READ IT YET?

Mfw+everyone+s+using+caps+lock+_5eb90ee524353e3fd0ccb123f91cfae9.jpg

LOUD NOISES!!!

I LIKE LAMP !!!!!

(tsk) ... <3

Damn, damn, damn :facepalm:

I love lamp.... Sorry Mr Swick :sorry:

Do you really love lamp?

The previous was marginal to me.

Then 19 sold out locally and I haven't been able to get a copy.

20 was better. Looking forward to getting 21 (and 19 some day in the distant future, the year 2000).

Patrick

Eisner Award winners Brian K Vaughan and Fiona Staples have premiered the cover for their "Saga" hardcover during their 2014 Comic-Con International panel.

Staples' illustration is a call back to the cover to "Saga" #1, which featured Alana breast feeding newborn Hazel, an image which was met with some controversy when artist Dave Dorman called the cover 'offensive' via blog post.

The hardcover edition arrives in November from Image Comics.

HOW HAVE YOU NOT READ IT YET?

Mfw+everyone+s+using+caps+lock+_5eb90ee524353e3fd0ccb123f91cfae9.jpg

LOUD NOISES!!!

I LIKE LAMP !!!!!

(tsk) ... <3

Damn, damn, damn :facepalm:

I love lamp.... Sorry Mr Swick :sorry:

Do you really love lamp?

The previous was marginal to me.

Then 19 sold out locally and I haven't been able to get a copy.

20 was better. Looking forward to getting 21 (and 19 some day in the distant future, the year 2000).

Patrick

Haha !

I love the leg lamp Ralphie's dad ( Carl Kolchak ) got in Christmas Story... :D

A Saga 1 CGC 9.8 Retailer Incentive Edition is on EBAY. $260 and 4 days to go.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/331266330280?_trksid=p2059216.m1431.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

So this sold for $760.....was curious what the board thought of that price, and what the long term value is likely to be on something like a Saga #1 CGC Retailer incentive.

I'm a massive Saga fan and am slowly putting together my collection....I have an ungraded #1, but am also considering taking the plunge for a CGC 9.8 with original cover, or making going up to this variant version.

....but first wanted to get the opinions of more experienced collectors about how they view/value such variants, as long term pieces for a collection. (IE - should one have any fear of the value dropping out from under such a title?)

Thanks in advance, gentleman....any/all input or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Always the threat of the bottom dropping out, but I think Saga #1 RRPs will be coveted for quite some time.

90 Day GPA for a RRP is $727.00.

12 month Average is $635.00.

Looks like it may be crawling up some again.

There are a ton of regular #1 9.8s out there.

You can be patient, and get one when you find it for the right price.

No idea...

It's at a pretty nice price as it is.

I don't ever see this getting adapted to a movie or TV series (which isn't a bad thing), so those speculators will never get on the Saga bandwagon to drive the prices up even more.

What kind of ceiling do we think something like the RRP #1 has, or is such a thing just impossible to predict?

You're fishing. How many fish do you catch an hour?

No idea...

I don't ever see this getting adapted to a movie or TV series (which isn't a bad thing), so those speculators will never get on the Saga bandwagon to drive the prices up even more.

Yeah, that's about my thoughts on it as well. BKV seems pretty insistent that he has no plans to ever option it for TV or Film, and that it's only being made for this medium.

Having said that....I given his dreams of working in those industries earlier in his career, and having ultimately done some work in those fields, I won't be surprised if he changes his mind down the road, after the series has been completed.

No idea...

What does a regular Saga #1 go for?