• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When does CGC bill your credit card?

17 posts in this topic

Is it on the way in the door or on the way out?

My card was charged at the start of the month (3rd July), so am wondering if this means that my books are out to be shipped, or if thats when they are expected and I should still be waiting another good few weeks?

First time I have submitted, so just wondering...

Cheers!

Edited by PT

guess they have gone for the cheap long delivery over the pond then. Starting to think I will have moved house by the time they get here!

guess they have gone for the cheap long delivery over the pond then. Starting to think I will have moved house by the time they get here!

recent delivery times for me have been CRAZY slow from the time they've been "shipped/safe". we're talking weeks.

Thanks for that, makes me feel better about them not getting lost... :wishluck:

You should just call them for invoice status, if unable to track online.

CGC has always billed my credit card upon receiving the comics/invoice. I believe this is standard policy, although I submitted through a dealer so maybe those invoices are handled differently. My last submissions were Modern Slow and Value Slow tiers, I was charged back in May, and still don't have my books yet. It's not a major headache for me, but others might take a different view, like a dealer who pays upfront and is out both money and product for an extended period of time.

interesting stuff. I submitted through someone else too. It's not really a headache here either, more curiosity than anything!

I do Modern Fast Track about 80% of the time and my card is charged within a few hours of them receiving them. I have done one pre-screen batch before and it wasn't charged until it shipped. Hope that helps. :)

I do Modern Fast Track about 80% of the time and my card is charged within a few hours of them receiving them. I have done one pre-screen batch before and it wasn't charged until it shipped. Hope that helps. :)

Ya they don't charge pre-screen until later as what if only 9 of 10 pass now they have to refund money etc.

Depending on the type of service. Your card is charged right away UNLESS you are doing a pre-screen. That is how it has been for me.

Same, although they have botched that up lately and i have been charged for pre screen before they are even scheduled for grading.

Depending on the type of service. Your card is charged right away UNLESS you are doing a pre-screen. That is how it has been for me.

Same, although they have botched that up lately and i have been charged for pre screen before they are even scheduled for grading.

I was double charged for a free re-holder...yup thats right they charged me, called to get it reversed and then a week later they did it again.

Though some have had the horror stories of having like 5k bills double charged doh!

Apologies for dredging up this old thread, but it's the closest thing to what I was looking for.  If I submit an order that is to be shipped out in three different tiers, does CGC bill everything once the first tier (express) ships out or do they bill each tier individually?  

On 9/5/2021 at 8:20 PM, Koopakidd11 said:

Apologies for dredging up this old thread, but it's the closest thing to what I was looking for.  If I submit an order that is to be shipped out in three different tiers, does CGC bill everything once the first tier (express) ships out or do they bill each tier individually?  

That's tough to say with no rhyme or reason of when the charges happen but that said

In my experience if they charge one eventually and when the do, if there are other packaging or invoices, yes once they charge one they charge all imo

On 9/5/2021 at 6:20 PM, Koopakidd11 said:

Probably best to ask this in the Ask CGC forum for their answer.