• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Atlas Books - Have A Cigar
25 25

9,258 posts in this topic

I recently stumbled onto this. The Australian edition of Cap 1 from around 55. I found no information at all about this book.

Look at what they did to Caps costume!

DSC_0002900x1280_zps7cacbfdf.jpg

Bucky is wearing a diaper! And Cap has short sleeves.

I think the Aussies were making fun of us! :mad:

IMG_2298_zps00de97a1.jpg

...... don't see this one often. Congrats, Cal. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I agree. Really nice copy! 8.0 Is that nice sweet spot in grade for these pch books! The Atlas Tales site lists a nice lineup of artists in this issue including Joe Sinnott, Gene Colan and Myron Fass. (thumbs u

IMG_2298_zps00de97a1.jpg

...... don't see this one often. Congrats, Cal. GOD BLESS....

I agree. Really nice copy! 8.0 Is that nice sweet spot in grade for these pch books! The Atlas Tales site lists a nice lineup of artists in this issue including Joe Sinnott, Gene Colan and Myron Fass. (thumbs u

Thanks for the kind words. It was sold to me as a raw VF 8.0 about 5 years ago. Wasn't sure it would make the original grade (thought it would be about a 7.0-7.5). Sent it to CGC last year at WWChicago, & I was definitely pleased with the results :)

..... that's just the tip of the iceberg for Supernerd's books. Here's a recent eBay win that falls into the "tired of waiting for a nice one" category. GOD BLESS...

SPEEDCARTER3vg.jpg

IMG_2327_zpsa26d08f1.jpg

.... I totally understand why it's slabbed.... but this one looks like it's chock full of fantastic art..... Don Perlin was especially polished during this phase of his career. GOD BLESS...

..... that's just the tip of the iceberg for Supernerd's books. Here's a recent eBay win that falls into the "tired of waiting for a nice one" category. GOD BLESS...

SPEEDCARTER3vg.jpg

:applause: I am missing that one. I should pay more attention online :sorry:

IMG_2327_zpsa26d08f1.jpg

.... I totally understand why it's slabbed.... but this one looks like it's chock full of fantastic art..... Don Perlin was especially polished during this phase of his career. GOD BLESS...

I'm glad that you totally understand; now please 'splain it to me. After all, if it's slobbed, err, slabbed, it can't be read now, can it?

The first story is by Stan Lee. Here's the splash for the rat story;

b6cx2w.jpg

I recently stumbled onto this. The Australian edition of Cap 1 from around 55. I found no information at all about this book.

Look at what they did to Caps costume!

DSC_0002900x1280_zps7cacbfdf.jpg

Bucky is wearing a diaper! And Cap has short sleeves.

I think the Aussies were making fun of us! :mad:

Well, somebody has too.

SPEEDCARTER3vg.jpg

:applause: I am missing that one. I should pay more attention online :sorry:

.... This one I'm still hoping to upgrade. If I do you can have first shot at this one. It came from the Dentist's son, Adam. They had 2-6 listed.... a couple were in solid Fine .... which is high grade for Speed Carter lol GOD BLESS...

Edited by jimjum12