• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,148 posts in this topic

What I personally cannot stand is when someone takes a week and a half to pay and demands that their item is sent within the advertised one day after payment. Here is an example:

1/1 - I list the item at auction

1/8 - Item sells

1/22 - buyer finally pays two weeks later ("Umm sorry Buzz, I forgot.")

Make believe I had not listed any new items past January 1st. All listings have been closed off because I am going away. When the buyer finally pays two weeks later, I may either be on vacation, simply too busy as I know when my work load gets heavy at certain times during the year or other things come up like this past March when I had to get surgery.

A real example occurred in March. I had a guy that bought a Star Wars ship MIB from me. He claimed he was having trouble with his paypal for two weeks. All of a sudden I shatter my elbow, and he THINKS he has figured it out two weeks later and wants to know if he can still buy it, BUT HE NEEDS ME TO SHIP IT ASAP?!?!?! I cancelled the transaction while loaded on painkillers.

Oh by the way jimmy the seller said to me he did open the dispute and accused me if not paying. It wasn't automatically opened.

Looks like the rules have changed and you can now open a non paying bidder dispute after just 2 days.

If you don't receive payment, you can open an unpaid item case in the Resolution Center as soon as 2 full days (48 hours) after the listing ends. For example, if the listing ends on October 5 at 11:15 am, you can open a case on October 7 at 11:15 am.

That is crazy. I guess I am stuck in 1999. doh!

With those parachute pants you are wearing I'd dial that back another decade. :gossip:

Oh by the way jimmy the seller said to me he did open the dispute and accused me if not paying. It wasn't automatically opened.

Looks like the rules have changed and you can now open a non paying bidder dispute after just 2 days.

If you don't receive payment, you can open an unpaid item case in the Resolution Center as soon as 2 full days (48 hours) after the listing ends. For example, if the listing ends on October 5 at 11:15 am, you can open a case on October 7 at 11:15 am.

With those parachute pants you are wearing I'd dial that back another decade. :gossip:

Chess King parachute pants, an Alexander Julian sweater and a Member's Only jacket. Keepin' 1985 alive.

Chess King parachute pants, an Alexander Julian sweater and a Member's Only jacket. Keepin' 1985 alive.

The only thing I regret about my pre-nup was agreeing to trash the Members only jacket. :cry:

Crassus is entirely right.

I always try to ship within a matter of few days when I get paid: if possible even 1-2 days after, but since I have to go to the post office specifically for this, it is not always possible if selling comics is not your day job.

I have hardly waited more than one week anyway.

+1

I like to ship out in the first couple of days. Not so much for speed, but so I can knock it off my list of things to do.

As a buyer unless I need something in a hurry which is very rare all I care about is the book gets to me safely and is graded correctly. Speed doesn't matter to me.

Edited by Fastballspecial

The sooner I pay, the sooner I get my book.

Not always true. I pay immediately and actually had a long-time seller comment that is the fastest he has ever been paid. Took weeks and a series of reminders until I got my books.

Not always true. I pay immediately and actually had a long-time seller comment that is the fastest he has ever been paid. Took weeks and a series of reminders until I got my books.

If this were true I'd be motivated to pay faster I currently have 12 purchases in the mail. I received the 1st yesterday which was one of the last purchases. I also got an email today saying my comic was going out tomorrow and this is the 3rd purchase I made all over a one week period. There is only one purchase that may be delayed by customs.

As far as my eBay id it's aznhotsauce. Go ahead and block that ...

Don't think that is your ebay id...

It might be

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&ftab=FeedbackLeftForOthers&userid=aznhotsauce&iid=-1&de=off&items=200

I don't know Jimmy. The id doesn't have any comic purchase/sales. It's shoes etc. Kind of weird for a comics buyer/seller.

His winning bid on the item had different feedback # than the user he gave us not the same person or has multiple profiles.

PhoKing is lying to the community? Just made baby Greenham cry.... :cry:

This "I have to have it NOW" attitude being enforced by ebay is pretty sad.

Society is being trained to expect everything *right now*. We have Amazon Prime, and let me tell you, it's beyond being spoiled knowing that I can buy something I can't find here in town and have it on my doorstep in two days.

I can buy, stream and watch practically any movie I want with a few clicks of my Apple TV remote. It's completely insane what we have at our fingertips, and we expect everything to be that way. Because that's how larger retailers deliver. Joe Smith from Butthump, Georgia? Not so much. I get ancy just like everyone else when tracking information isn't input within a few days of purchase - but that's the way it goes, I suppose.

I actually think it's great that Ebay enforces this. I take time out of my day to pack and ship the things I sell the same day of payment. Ebay rewards people who are on top of their shipping and charges more for those who aren't - I think that's a good thing.

It might be, but the 24 hour requirement is a bit extreme. I'm top rated and usually next day shipping is not a problem, but 2 months ago I was sick and had to ship on the second day. Guess what? Since the buyer had won 4 auctions, even though it was only one package that shipped "late," I got dinged for late shipping on 4 transactions. I don't do much volume, so if I can't get get my percentage back up in a few weeks, there goes my discount.

I actually think it's great that Ebay enforces this. I take time out of my day to pack and ship the things I sell the same day of payment. Ebay rewards people who are on top of their shipping and charges more for those who aren't - I think that's a good thing.

Or in the case of Pontoon, penalizes them for one perfectly reasonable delay.

I haven't really sold much on ebay since around 2007 - 2008. hm

Just seems after reading all this that Ebay as everyone jumping through hoops.

"Dance monkey dance" kinda thing. hm

Makes me happy I have Clooneython 18 coming up and as always... its a board exclusive :D

xxx ooo

Rupp

If this were true I'd be motivated to pay faster I currently have 12 purchases in the mail. I received the 1st yesterday which was one of the last purchases. I also got an email today saying my comic was going out tomorrow and this is the 3rd purchase I made all over a one week period. There is only one purchase that may be delayed by customs.

I am going to argue that that my statement still stands. No matter how slow the vendor is in getting the book into the mail :sumo:, they aren't even going to think about sending it until I pay. :grin:

Therefore the sooner I pay, the sooner I get my book. Why add my sloth to the seller's? :baiting:

It might be, but the 24 hour requirement is a bit extreme. I'm top rated and usually next day shipping is not a problem, but 2 months ago I was sick and had to ship on the second day. Guess what? Since the buyer had won 4 auctions, even though it was only one package that shipped "late," I got dinged for late shipping on 4 transactions. I don't do much volume, so if I can't get get my percentage back up in a few weeks, there goes my discount.

I definitely agree with extenuating circumstances - life does get in the way sometimes, but there is no real way for Ebay to allow for that I don't think - so the rules end up being very black or white.

But I do agree that one late package should not equate to 4 transactions - a transaction should be one shipped package, regardless of quantity inside. But that's just me.

I am one who tries to pay ASAP.

But you have to be aware of what is going on with the seller. If there are 12 auctions ending and I pay right away. It does not seem reasonable to expect the seller to make a number of trips to the PO to ship my one book ASAP, while waiting for others to pay. Seems reasonable to me to try to lump shipments together. (shrug)

Edited by NP_Gresham

Ebay actually gives sellers up to three days handling time, but I believe discounts on ebay fees are only available to those who agree to ship out next business day. I select the three business day option for all of my auctions, but I routinely miss the three day window without much blowback.

(shrug)

under the new system that only counts as one defect since its all from the same buyer.

I'm thinking about doing a sales thread & need some opinions on what I can offer.

How are regular book handled,not comic book related but say a Stephen King book or an older sci fi paperback?Pretty much only sci-fi and fantasy?

Promise,no cheesy romance books.

I have read the guidelines but I don't want this to seem like a gray area I am trying to skirt.

Edited by Toz