• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

God Hates Astronauts by Image Comics

114 posts in this topic

I am greatly looking forward to this book by Ryan Browne (God Hates Astronauts). Has anyone come across any covers coming out ather than covers A and B? I am banking on this book not only leaving me scratching my head in amazement Ryan Browne can come up with such things but also laughing hysterically based on the small previews I've seen.

I am greatly looking forward to this book by Ryan Browne (God Hates Astronauts). Has anyone come across any covers coming out ather than covers A and B? I am banking on this book not only leaving me scratching my head in amazement Ryan Browne can come up with such things but also laughing hysterically based on the small previews I've seen.

If you are that interested there is a hardcover from the kickstarter campaign they did. I managed to pick one up off ebay with a sketch in it on the cheap.

I was sort of looking forward to it, but then I read the two or three page comic 'teaser' for it in the back of a few books... it turned me right off.

Honestly, I didn't like that teaser either and I was worried that it would turn people off. If I wasn't such a fan of the original 3 part series it may have had the same effect on me. The 1st 3 issues are free, originally released as a webcomic on the link provided. Those 3 issues are the tpb that is out right now. Except for origin stories in the back provided by a slew of artists.

Edited by Comixcroz

The new book isn't out yet. That's the original issue (pre-image) they probably have for sale (unless it is a pre-order). The new series comes out in Sept.

Edited by Comixcroz

I read the Trade of his first 3 issues and I found it highly amusing. He has a great sense of humor, is highly imaginative and the drawings were great. I'm really looking forward to seeing if he can keep it running with a monthly. If so, this book will be up there with Todd as far as fun, but it's not as socially biting as Todd, but just as zany. If you like Zany, this book is totally for you. This guy has fun with comics and reading him having fun is fun.. it's a fun book.

P.S. Fun.

Edited by Pinky Lee Zepplin

Yes, I did order a few off Midtown. I was just happy they had some available to preorder. Not uncommon to see some Image books sell out from Midtown before launch.

Oh I see. I didn't realize that - I better pre-order then!

I am a huge fan of the series. I was introduced to it a few years ago by Nick Pitarra at a Chicago C2E2 comic con. I was buying a piece of original art from Manhattan Projects and in passing he mentioned, if you like my stuff you should go check out Ryan Browne's table. The thing that struck me about the series, at the time, was that so many of his pears were fans. Pitarra, Seeley, Burnham, Paolo Rivera, Jim Rugg, among others. He was relatively unknown to the Public as his issues of MP hadn't been released yet but his fellow creators were very outspoken about his work. I found that to be very telling and unusual. Image picked up the trade as a test and apparently it performed well. That was after already being released for free as a web comic (still is), then printed in indy issues by Ryan. Then printed in a Hard Cover from Kickstarter that reached the already existing fan base. Most of the sales on the Image TPB were new readers. So I expect the ongoing series to do really well. I'm really looking forward to it.