• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Conan the Barbarian #1 Club
4 4

305 posts in this topic

This thread doesn't get enough attention IMO. Nice copies, guys. :)

Been looking for a reasonably priced reader to go with my slabbed copy for the longest time. I've got the reprint in trades, but it's just not the same.

Not the highest grade, but its the comic that means the most to me, and the one comic I will never sell.

My wife bought it for me 30 years ago for our first anniversary from the LCS I frequented, where she would sit patiently as I spent hours picking out my comics.

This book was in the display case, and Conan #1 was the book I coveted above all others for my collection, but at the asking price of 75.00 it was something I simply could not afford. As a newly married couple, times were tight, and that kind of money just seemed out of reach, and so I never asked the wife, I could not justify the expense, but she knew I really wanted that book.

So without my knowledge, she went to the Comic Book store by herself and bought the book. She did this a week or 2 prior to our anniversary, so when I went to get my weekly books, and noticed the Conan #1 gone, that really bummed me out, because in the days prior to the internet, I thought I may never have the chance to get another copy.

On our first Anniversary when I opened and saw the book, I knew I had found a keeper in My new Wife. :cloud9:

scan0037.jpg

Not the highest grade, but its the comic that means the most to me, and the one comic I will never sell.

My wife bought it for me 30 years ago for our first anniversary from the LCS I frequented, where she would sit patiently as I spent hours picking out my comics.

This book was in the display case, and Conan #1 was the book I coveted above all others for my collection, but at the asking price of 75.00 it was something I simply could not afford. As a newly married couple, times were tight, and that kind of money just seemed out of reach, and so I never asked the wife, I could not justify the expense, but she knew I really wanted that book.

So without my knowledge, she went to the Comic Book store by herself and bought the book. She did this a week or 2 prior to our anniversary, so when I went to get my weekly books, and noticed the Conan #1 gone, that really bummed me out, because in the days prior to the internet, I thought I may never have the chance to get another copy.

On our first Anniversary when I opened and saw the book, I knew I had found a keeper in My new Wife. :cloud9:

scan0037.jpg

:headbang:

Holy carp. That is amazing.

I have two copies. One that was probably a 9.0 until I realized the top staple was detached. The other probably around an 7.5. Thinking about getting the 7.5 graded if nothing else for safe keeping.