• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Project: Sugar and Spike
4 4

557 posts in this topic

Here is the Savannah 55 scanned raw. It isn't as glossy as some of the other issues I have. However, high grade issues aren't easy to come by so I grabbed it when I saw it. The Don and Maggie copy looks better, but I don't usually upgrade 9.2's.

sas55.jpg

Here is the Don and Maggie copy. It is very similar to the Savannah copy and both are really nice examples of this issue.

57544786-fb17-466b-be6b-7947f598dd0c_zpse4fd9172.jpg

The colors really pop on the Don and Maggie copy.It looks a much superior copy.

Just picked this up cheap in the CLink auction. I guess 98 must have reprinted 55.

RAD5DA32201457_132425_zps37ea02eb.jpg

Might be awhile before I have any, I ended up with 15 Don and Maggie issues. Total is now 48/98.

Love this red wedding cover issue:

sas46cgc.jpg

Hope the interior is different than Game of Thrones "Red Wedding" :eek:

Hey Silver,

Just picked this up today at our local comic show. Not as nice as your 9.4, but probably about an 8.0-8.5. It's really solid, nice and glossy, but has some serious foxing on a few interior pages. One of only three Sugar & Spikes I saw at the whole show. The other two were in pretty bad shape, but this one really stood out. I also kind of like the date stamp.

bzlai1K.jpg

That was one of the first HG issues I bought when I started going after the run. I see the S&S bug has bitten you! lol

Hey Silver,

Got that Sugar & Spike #81 back from CGC. Pegged it on the grade but the Off-White Pages surprised me considering the foxing some of the interior pages have. Also notice the slight difference in the spine. The staples and the spine edge are just a little more forward facing now; must be an effect of having the book pressed. Still very pleased to have found this one and add it to my collection, plus I got it for next to nothing to start with. Now that I've developed an eye for this title, I've come to realize you just don't find nice copies hardly anywhere.

uL9prdb.jpg

Time to revive this thread with this little beauty!

Well, at least the PQ is decent. :D

RADA63042015327_9553_zpsixccrrgy.jpg

Vey nice!

I was the underbidder on the Heritage #1 in 8.0 :frustrated:

You know, I got confused over which day that one was going to come up. I thought it went low. It would definitely have sold for more if I had been on the ball.

Edited to add: I think it was the same copy that sold on HA and then was available for offers on that site. If so, it sold for less than I offered through the site.

Edited by Sqeggs

I believe it was a different copy.

I personally think the price was about right, there just are not that many players at 5K for a Sugar and Spike #1

It's such a tough book and it only takes two bidders to run up the price. You and me, for instance. :D

Vey nice!

You know, I got confused over which day that one was going to come up. I thought it went low. It would definitely have sold for more if I had been on the ball.

Edited to add: I think it was the same copy that sold on HA and then was available for offers on that site. If so, it sold for less than I offered through the site.

I think the whole book is cool; not just the PQ. Presents very well for a 1.0.

(worship)

Vey nice!

Squeggs now that you have this CGC copy will you sell me your under copy :cloud9: ??