• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week in Your Bronze Age Collection!!
35 35

6,897 posts in this topic

More like "This Month" in my collection, but here they are...

The 'Tec and SSoSV have always been favorites of mine, and both feel at least a little bit like sleepers to me these days. The Darkseid/Fourth World tie-in & Captain Comet re-boot in SSoSV #2 are also very cool...

Detective437.jpg

SSoSV2.jpg

SwampThing1.jpg

Not a huge Howie fan, but I did buy the title when it was out. I especially loved the earlier Brunner drawn stories from 1 and 2 (as well as the ones in GS Man-Thing 4 and 5). Anyway, got a killer deal on the entire run including the annual at a LCS. Didn't go in there intentionally looking for Howie. Just something I stumbled into. The #1 are probably 8.0 and 8.5 conservatively. The rest of the run ranges from VF to VF/NM. All W pages.

148870.jpg.48ef700799482f44df2adf14ec858b97.jpg

set a max bid price on an auction before I left the country for my bday. When I get back home, I check my inbox and see an invoice for my book waiting for me...

and for less than my max bid no less! Happy Birthday to me!

:cloud9:

TOD13_zps2d93170d.jpg

:applause:

mm

Its the 1st. appearance of Flaming Carrot also its a very rare Bronze age book that had a print run of 1,000 copies. Then it got even more rarer when about 200 or more copies got burned up in a warehouse fire ! so that's why not to many of these copies pop up so often, e-bay has about 3 copies listed & there set at a high price offer of a cool 1K !!! :eek: but besides all that, the real reason that anyone should get there hands on this book is for the cover art done by Neal Adams :luhv: