• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,560 posts in this topic

bulldog76_2013

- bid on a lot after playing twenty questions for a few days. no I definitly didn't put any low number Walking Dead into a $15 60 book lot. Didn't pay, won't answer requests,

escalated, still no answer.

coo-holl -

- bid on a lot after playing twenty questions for a few days. no I definitly didn't put any low number Walking Dead into a $15 60 book lot. Didn't pay, won't answer requests,

AND I got my first neg in over 16 years from a newbie named Snapper_Carr_forever, who has already changed his id since his first purchase on June 4. Pain in the nether regions, block this guy, he's local here in Htown. Spouts grading advice like a kid.

Yep guy bought from me as well last week and left a bad positive for me as well. I banned him after reading this.

2 guys in one week for me makes think I am starting to get cursed. You guys post them here exactly one week after they buy from me. :tonofbricks:

I read this and then go he has already bought from me.

:o:o:o:o

He just bought one of my books and it's going in the mail tomorrow. :cry:

I want to get opinions from members of the board on a matter.

I had a possible bidder by the user name of "butsavage" write to me to ask about the grade of a comic I listed. I had assigned a grade to the comic in the first line of the description. I have to confess, while it's human to overlook something, it would be nice if bidders would take the time to carefully read over a description, and to look at every picture provided. It's not like the grade I gave was hidden or in tiny print.

Anyway, that is not what I want to get an opinion about, necessarily. My question concerns this guy's feedback... Or, rather, the feedback he has given to others.

As is my wont to do, I often want to check out the feedback of prospective bidders. We sellers on eBay know that such feedback is barely of use anymore, as eBay took away the means for us sellers to leave negative feedback, thus alerting other sellers to bad or troublesome bidders.

This fellow has only 27 feedback, though he has been registered on eBay since 1999, apparently. His feedback lists auctions going back to only 2007. Out of 25 feedback that he left for sellers, he has left two neutral, one negative, and five of what I would call "backhanded" positives (positives that expressed some sort of dissatisfaction, though they were supposedly "positive".

Here is the negative comment he left:

"pay sent 2-27-08, item rec. 3-10-08, seller lives 90 miles from me no email resp"

Here are the neutral comments:

"Back cover has a large piece missing. Was not mentioned in the item description"

"Item was not VF/NM. Not packaged well. Item received day after expected date."

Here are the "backhanded" positive comments:

"Comic was damaged in shipping or described wrong." (Not sure why he left this as a positive, at all)

"Comic condition description was debatable but speed of delivery was top notch."

"miscommunication on both ends. prompt handling of situation. recommend seller."

"Comic was lost in mail. Seller was fantastic, professional and quick to act. A++"

"Seller was very understanding and a delight to work with A+++++++"

Now, all his comments above may be justified, I don't know. But, out of 25 feedback that he left, it seems that he has had a good number of issues with sellers. That tells me that he is either really super picky, a pain in other words, or that he may be playing some games.

After reading the feedback he has given, I decided he might be a headache waiting to happen. From what I posted above, what do you guys think?

I am considering adding him to my blocked list just because my hunch is that if he were to win my auction he would be a pain in some way. His neutral/negative/backhanded feedback seems excessive for someone with such little feedback.

Read you whole paragraph again and you will have your answer. I didn't even get 1/2 down and I had mine.

bulldog76_2013

coo-holl -

AND I got my first neg in over 16 years from a newbie named Snapper_Carr_forever, who has already changed his id since his first purchase on June 4. Pain in the nether regions, block this guy, he's local here in Htown. Spouts grading advice like a kid.

Yep guy bought from me as well last week and left a bad positive for me as well. I banned him after reading this.

2 guys in one week for me makes think I am starting to get cursed. You guys post them here exactly one week after they buy from me. :tonofbricks:

Baytown Texas, he walks and talks like a boardie flipper. I am pretty sure he

buys under one name and resells under another. Anyone with the brights enough

to tell if a user got narud at the end of may and reregistered with a new id ?

I'm sure if Dupcake can do it a hundred times anyone could.

Edited by towards2112

bulldog76_2013

coo-holl -

Baytown Texas, he walks and talks like a boardie flipper. I am pretty sure he

buys under one name and resells under another. Anyone with the brights enough

to tell if a user got narud at the end of may and reregistered with a new id ?

I'm sure if Dupcake can do it a hundred times anyone could.

his ebay id is still active, its all lowercase letters. With capital letters it comes back invalid.

Here is a ebayer with 22 bids and 14 bid retractions as of last week when he bid and retracted on my ASM 3. He bid $50 and then retracted. I checked his bid history and blocked him.

He tries to bid a day later on ASM 3 and can't. He asks me to let him bid but tell him no.

Dear lhcomics,

I would like to bid on this items please. Thank you.

- trav-tapp

Dear trav-tapp,

You had bid already and retracted your bid. You have 22 bids and 14 bid retractions. Why is that? When other bidders see this they think the seller is pushing up their bids with a friend bidding then retracting the bid. You should place your bid and honor it the first time.

- lhcomics

Edited by lhcomics

Does anybody know why my blocked list won't update? :shrug:

I just now noticed that the usernames aren't saving. Whenever I enter them, separated by a comma, it says the list has been updated. Then if I go back to enter another username, the previous usernames are not in the list even though it says updated.

I just now noticed that the usernames aren't saving. Whenever I enter them, separated by a comma, it says the list has been updated. Then if I go back to enter another username, the previous usernames are not in the list even though it says updated.

It is saving just not in the first spot-it places the new entry in some bizzare alphabetical placement system. If you scroll through all the names you'll see the new additions

It is saving just not in the first spot-it places the new entry in some bizzare alphabetical placement system. If you scroll through all the names you'll see the new additions

doh!

Thanks for the help. They're all there.

This passive-aggressive Einstein left me a positive feedback but unfair Detailed Seller Ratings:

delparkadkins

He gave me a 2 for shipping charges, because he didn't like paying $6 for padded flat rate envelope. Cost for padded envelope is $5.95 plus eBay's cut, so actual cost to me was more than $6.

He gave me a 4 for shipping time, despite the fact that the book was delivered cross-country(!) a mere four days after purchase!

Be sure to block, dollabill168, asked for extra time to pay for a $35 book. Auction closed 06-26, he asked for a week to pay, which I granted. 07-09 and still no payment. I also checked his feedback just now and he has bought and paid for 11 other auctions since he won my book.

Edited by Diamonddave

Jamsessions2014- never paid and bought the same exact book from someone else for 13 dollars cheaper.

I get an invalid id for this one.

figc - Submits a best offer, I accept then never hear from him. International buyer.

avsswolf - Wins an auction for a "hotter" book that begins to cool. Messages me when auction is over that "his son accidentally bid on the book." I reply I'm going to file NPB which I do. He messages me later saying he talked to ebay and they told him to message me to cancel the transaction and not file NPB for a strike. After a few days I close the dispute, receive my fee refund, and he gets a strike. thought I was a dummy. Block him.

azunswagchic

Shipped comic without a board inside only a bubble envelope. It arrived bent badly and when contacted he told me I should have requested special instructions if I wanted different shipping since he states in his auction "Items will be shipped UPS ground ... and will be shipped in bubble wrapped envelope or box."

My fault for not clarifying that bubble wrapped envelope would be my ONLY "protection". Oh and had to open a claim as he doesn't accept returns, especially for mistakes by UPS. (Although he did say he would provide testimony if I wanted to go after UPS myself.)

Hello CGCers/Comics Hobbyists.

I entered the following eBay User ID's tonite in my Blocked Bidder's List:

astridonna, estatesaleslim, iluvdeadpeople2012, grubbzy37, bulldog76_2013, coo-holl, azunswagchic, Jamesessions2014, avsswolf, dollabill168, Snapper_Carr_forever, delparkadkins, and trav-tapp.

Unfortunately, the two eBayers are deemed to be INVALID user id's:

Jamesessions2014 & Snapper_Carr_forever.

Is there any way anyone can get us the corrected eBay user ID's?

Without a recap, when I saw Flying Donut's entry, that was the complete no-brainer for me.

Flying Donut has credibility upon credibility, and he was one of the Sellers that constantly sold to me when I started on eBay back in the day.

Even if I don;t know the other CGCers at all, I am going to take their word when they suggest to Block the Bidders.

Let's keep this Thread going. This benefits ALL of us.

CAL not running for President, but World Dictator...

I forgot about these other two Symbiotic shill accounts.

I full heatedly take responsibility and apologize for the eBay shilling. As you can see the are my first auctions and I didn't know the norms, or the fact that what i was doing was so heinous. All the auctions will be take down immediately.

Jkim2059 was the shilling acct, jkim2058 was the selling account.

I would like to take a moment to defend myself however, as I have been a decent member of this boards marketplace, outside of this YouTube blunder. Take a look at my feedback thread, please feel free to contact any of those members about my qualities as a seller and buyer. Pics always pay and ship in time, with the most active comma possible.

While getting it all out on the table, I have been accused of using personal hardships to attempt to garner sympathy and even sales. A lot of you fail to believe the severity of some of these real life situations. At every step I've offered doubters to PM me for proof of doctors bills, police reports or the like, never once have I been taken up on the offer, yet the claims of "BS" continue.

I've spent 10/ of thousands of dollars on purchases on this site and have sold thousands as well, I up on this eBay thing, but I'm tired of feeling like I'm a black sheep for being open about what's going on in my life

Ike illing to Dow hate we to mKe this right, or walk away from these boards all together. I've LOVED. my time here, made friends and had great convos but I continue to feel like I'm against it.

Drew.

Unfortunately, the two eBayers are deemed to be INVALID user id's:

Jamesessions2014 & Snapper_Carr_forever.

Is there any way anyone can get us the corrected eBay user ID's?

Snapper_Carr_forever comes back invalid if you use any capital letters, stick to all lowercase letters and you should get a hit.

also its jamessessions2014, not jamesessions2014.

(thumbs u

I forgot about these other two Symbiotic shill accounts.

I full heatedly take responsibility and apologize for the eBay shilling. As you can see the are my first auctions and I didn't know the norms, or the fact that what i was doing was so heinous. All the auctions will be take down immediately.

Jkim2059 was the shilling acct, jkim2058 was the selling account.

Also:

par1ahh