• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SNOWPIERCER - Best comic adaptation that no one will see this summer !

114 posts in this topic

Just watched this fantastic film on VOD (Amazon to be precise)... and loved each and every second of it.

Based on the French graphic novel Le Transperceneige by Jacques Lob, Benjamin Legrand and Jean-Marc Rochette... and made into a film by the makers of the classic "Oldboy... shows 2014 as not the best year for humanity since we spend the next 17 years riding around on a train, eating gelatin protein bars.

The movie is awesome. All the actors are awesome (Chris Evans is a total bad-a** with an axe). The movie is incredibly suspenseful which is astonishing since the entire premise of the 2 hour movie is getting from the back of the train... to the front of the train.

"FIGHT YOUR WAY TO THE FRONT" ... come on! That's an awesome tag line :headbang:

Do yourself a favor... watch this ;)

snowpiercer_poster_1_zps514e98c0.jpg

snowpiercer_posters_chris_evans_zps0f7f9479.jpg

snowpiercer_zps9692d2f4.jpg

I was considering going to the theatre to see it, nice to know it's on demand. I'll try to get the lady to watch it tonight.

just talked to the wife. I think we may do the same thing after a trip to the liquor store.

seems like you either love it, or hate it. i'm going to have to watch it.

I neither loved it nor hated it. I thought it was good, entertaining and interesting. But not great. It was a little bit too Korean director-y for me. The kind I thing I would probably think was awesome if I were 19 years old.

Certainly worth a watch though.

I don't really like to read my movies.

Unless you're from a part of Florida where they don't speak English... I don't think you will have a problem :grin:

It's in 'Murican? Sign me up! :banana:

Reviewers love the preachy class struggle movies-that's for sure. I find em boring as hell.

Haven't seen it yet (but plan too) but my first question from the trailer is why not use the energy keeping the train moving to do something else more useful?

Edited by sl4ppy

Haven't seen it yet (but plan too) but my first question from the trailer is why not use the energy keeping the train moving to do something else more useful?
Watch the movie :makepoint: