• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

~~THE~~GIVING~~TREE~~
6 6

7,208 posts in this topic

Man this has just turned in to a bitter and mean version of the PIF system.

Good luck getting new people to play!

Oh, don’t be so pessimistic: we can always send Jiminy Cricket (Hulk Smash, not the real one) to your home to sing lullabies to your son! lol

All the bitter ended about six hours ago

Yea I'm a bit late. I just got off the ice and didn't have a chance to post and review the nonsense.

And man Kirby is incredible. I might have to pick up some of those books down the road. How's the writing though?

:bump:

:gossip: The current offer is always located in the second post of this thread.

Okay, here we go...

14604706676_ede66643a2_o.jpg

Starting at the top :

Little Lulu #148 and #150 (1960)

Hot Stuff #14 (1959)

Classics Illustrated #83 (1965)

Racket Squad #24 (1957)

Flash Gordon #5 (1967)

Wyatt Earp #25 (1959)

Gorgo #4 (1961)

Mysterious Suspense #1 (1968)

Four Color #885 (1958)

Quick-Trigger Western #16 (1957)

Young Romance #49 (1952)

Heroic Comics #70 (1952)

Wild Bill Hickok #7 (1949)

The Jaguar #15 (1963)

...but wait, there's more!

14624599451_3a4684d720_o.jpg

Pinocchio #2 (1963)

Thirteen #29 (1971)

Brain Boy #6 (1963)

The Outer Limits #17 (1968)

Tarzan #178 (1968)

MARS Patrol #3 (1966)

MARS Patrol #6 (1968)

Space Adventures #3 (1967)

Fightin' Army #26 (1958)

Fightin' Army #66 (1965)

Battlefield Action #20 (1958)

Battlefield Action #21 (1958)

Thanks for looking. :)

Peace,

Chip

So is Chip giving these away to anyone who wants them?

Seems like there is something for everyone here.

Lot of titles I have never read.

Seems like a good deal for someone, if they are just now a RAK (?) offering.

Nice RAK :takeit:

All the bitter ended about six hours ago

Yea I'm a bit late. I just got off the ice and didn't have a chance to post and review the nonsense.

And man Kirby is incredible. I might have to pick up some of those books down the road. How's the writing though?

The Kamandis are now a RAK/free offering as my current offer will be new. Feel free to take them and try them out. If you don't care for them, send them on to someone else you wants to try.

Peace,

Chip

Go ahead and feel free to post your offer and I'll PM Red to make sure he knows and thank him and ask what he wants to do. You're back on the clock. ;)

Okay, taking the pictures now. If this offer isn't good enough then I'll find a new message board. :)

Peace,

Chip

Go ahead and feel free to post your offer and I'll PM Red to make sure he knows and thank him and ask what he wants to do. You're back on the clock. ;)

Okay, taking the pictures now. If this offer isn't good enough then I'll find a new message board. :)

Peace,

Chip

:grin::popcorn:

:popcorn:

That leads me to my next question...

How many people are voting for Kav to go away, not because they want him to, but because they are curious to see if he would follow through with it?

Thanks for the offer but I don't want to participate in this mess show.

I'll buy them off you though. Let's take it to PMs.

If you hate this thread so much why do you keep returning to it and spouting off about it sucking so much you will not participate. (shrug)

We just have to give time to the offers to let people decide. :)

@Chris: Kamandi could be at its best described as "an adventure series with great imagination in play". Writing is very good, and it originated partly from the fact the more ambitious Fourth World books weren’t selling as high as expected. The DC implosion unfortunately cancelled the title (#60 and #61 were presented as photocopies in the Cancelled Comics Cavalcade, but the story remains unfinished, as Kamandi approaches the source of the Great Disaster, making it even more fascinating, IMO).

While on the Fourth World Kirby tackled "larger than life" events, touched deep and universal themes, in Kamandi he is a lot less pretentious and makes a better version of "Planet of the Apes", more than often with pure genius. You will even find Superman in there, and a reference to the Watergate scandal, not to mention a canine version of Holmes and Watson, and a community of youngster cats smoking catnip! lol (These last two are inventions of Jack C. Harriss, which wrote the last issues after Kirby left the title).

Definitely worth reading, anyway.

EDIT: I stand corrected: as the titles got cancelled, DC and Harris managed to wrap up into Kamandi the other two Kirby series, Sandman and Omac.

The story implied Omac’s future is in some way a possible future of Kamandi’s present, and Sanman acted as an intermediary as the dream plane allowed Kamandi to see that. Kamandi is then invited to do his part to make sure his future is a better one than Omac’s. (I’ve quickly browsed my scans of CCC

Edited by vaillant