• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

~~THE~~GIVING~~TREE~~
6 6

7,208 posts in this topic

I think the thread might have died. :sorry:

If someone wants to save it, :foryou:

Otherwise, I can get rid of the first post and we can just rename the thread PIF2. (shrug)

Hell, I'd just do away with the "regular"offer since that's what's causing all the :slapfight: and leave it open to the random offers.

I just PM'd 1Cool for his address. I'm sending him the ASM #298 and #299 from this thread.

I'm leaving both my offers up for people to take them as gifts (whether I eventually get a strike or not), and then bowing out of the regular part of this thread.

I'll still pop in and put up freebies for anyone to just take because I'm a selfish greedy fruck who offers such little in return for what's been given to me around here. :eyeroll:

Peace,

Chip

I think you are taking this way to personal. You offered up some books, cool. Just dont get too upset over this thread. Besides, guide price kamandi's are wonderful and even better is when some insufficiently_thoughtful_person actually pays anywhere near guide for them. Raw Kamandi's, in any grade, minus #1 are $1.

Chip,

I feel your pain, I do. I put up a good offer after I picked up a She-Hulk #1 CGC 9.8 from Beige.

Even though it was recognized as being a solid offer, in less than 24 hours, there were calls for my offer to be switched. Yeah, it was annoying. I did not appreciate how people went about that and for me, it had more to do about how the calls for a switch were being done that got my back up than actually having to change it up.

I am not sure if that is the case with you now, could be defensive based on what some have said and again, I would be too. Been there.

However, you are not the only person who sells to help support their family/household. I also sell on eBay too to help with my family/house stuff - I get it. What I ended up offering "hurt", I could have probably sold it for the same amount or more than what I got but I still feel it was "proportional" and "fair" to what I received. I think that is what some feel is missing here with the offers and maybe something to consider.

Furthermore, you knew the rules going in. To get a great item, some sympathy for being the victim of a scam (all of which were in this thread) and even though announcing a big score was not done here, the optics are not good and then to just say "nope not changing nothing" and expect "support" just seems a tad short sighted.

Even in the absence of all of the above, if there are no Kamandi fans, there are no Kamandi fans...Just the way it goes sometimes...

I think you are taking this way to personal. You offered up some books, cool. Just dont get too upset over this thread. Besides, guide price kamandi's are wonderful and even better is when some insufficiently_thoughtful_person actually pays anywhere near guide for them. Raw Kamandi's, in any grade, minus #1 are $1.

Now you're piling on, too?

This is getting ridiculous.

It's really stuff like this that makes me sad. :sorry:

People do so much for this guy and he doesn't care to give back. :facepalm:

Call me a bully or Mr. Negative, but how can anyone argue this. :(:facepalm:

Really? I've gotta trot out every donation thread I've contributed to over the past few years?

...and argue WHAT? What exactly are you talking about?

I wonder if people here are finding your attitude about all this to be the most troubling. Perceived or not. Maybe it's just coming across in your postings that way. Heaven knows, it happens to me all the time. People can't see your facial expressions or tone of voice and they get the wrong impression. Could that be happening here, Chip? Maybe it's a combination of your offers and your perceived attitude?

I just PM'd 1Cool for his address. I'm sending him the ASM #298 and #299 from this thread.

I'm leaving both my offers up for people to take them as gifts (whether I eventually get a strike or not), and then bowing out of the regular part of this thread.

I'll still pop in and put up freebies for anyone to just take because I'm a selfish greedy fruck who offers such little in return for what's been given to me around here. :eyeroll:

Peace,

Chip

Chip,

I feel your pain, I do. I put up a good offer after I picked up a She-Hulk #1 CGC 9.8 from Beige.

Even though it was recognized as being a solid offer, in less than 24 hours, there were calls for my offer to be switched. Yeah, it was annoying. I did not appreciate how people went about that and for me, it had more to do about how the calls for a switch were being done that got my back up than actually having to change it up.

I am not sure if that is the case with you now, could be defensive based on what some have said and again, I would be too. Been there.

However, you are not the only person who sells to help support their family/household. I also sell on eBay too to help with my family/house stuff - I get it. What I ended up offering "hurt", I could have probably sold it for the same amount or more than what I got but I still feel it was "proportional" and "fair" to what I received. I think that is what some feel is missing here with the offers and maybe something to consider.

Furthermore, you knew the rules going in. To get a great item, some sympathy for being the victim of a scam (all of which were in this thread) and even though announcing a big score was not done here, the optics are not good and then to just say "nope not changing nothing" and expect "support" just seems a tad short sighted.

Even in the absence of all of the above, if there are no Kamandi fans, there are no Kamandi fans...Just the way it goes sometimes...

I think you put this perfectly. Chip, you need to see the context in how this appears.

My interest in this thread is decreasing on a daily basis.

When the apocalypse occurs I know we are all *spoon*ed - if people get this bent out of shape over funny books we are all definitely killing each other over food and water.

The Doomsday preppers and gun freaks may not be so :screwy: after all...

:acclaim:

laugh all you want, when the apocalypse starts you're going to want to come to my house.

I'm sorry man, just don't look for sympathy from me the next time you get scammed. :foryou:

I wonder if people here are finding your attitude about all this to be the most troubling. Perceived or not. Maybe it's just coming across in your postings that way. Heaven knows, it happens to me all the time. People can't see your facial expressions or tone of voice and they get the wrong impression. Could that be happening here, Chip? Maybe it's a combination of your offers and your perceived attitude?

My attitude right now is that I'm pretty angry. I don't feel like I've done something horrid at all. I select stuff for the thread, post it up and get a bunch of flack for it. My first offer was taken quickly. My second offer wasn't and I switched it. People said it was a great offer, and now I'm getting flack for it again. Now they're pulling in everything everyone has done for me in the forum (even though I told the people via PM they did NOT have to do anything for me...that was none of anyone's business but I now I need to point it out) and saying that I haven't given back to the forum at all???

I was giving to the forum long before anything was given to me, so that's insulting and it makes my blood pressure skyrocket.

The collection I just posted about has nothing to do with this thread, what I can give to this thread, or anything in here at all. Everyone assumes I got it all for a song and should just give it all away here.

Edited by Chip Cataldo

Stop it. Im just pointing out facts. I understand your situation. But this board has helped you. A lot. You should be kissing instead of kicking it.

New Offer!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Start the clock!!!

Lois Lane 70

lower grade 2.0-3.0 range. Rough spine.

Let's get this thread up and running again.

02FAFDE3-FFF5-42EC-B5CC-BA55D81CD1CD_zpsm3xhff5p.jpg

Lets get back to the true point of the thread. :applause: Nice job Red84

My attitude right now is that I'm pretty angry. I don't feel like I've done something horrid at all. I select stuff for the thread, post it up and get a bunch of flack for it. My first offer was taken quickly. My second offer wasn't and I switched it. People said it was a great offer, and now I'm getting flack for it again. Now they're pulling in everything everyone has done for me in the forum (even though I told the people via PM they did NOT have to do anything for me...that was none of anyone's business but I now I need to point it out) and saying that I haven't given back to the forum at all???

I was giving to the forum long before anything was given to me, so that's insulting and it makes my blood pressure skyrocket.

The collection I just posted about has nothing to do with this thread, what I can give to this thread, or anything in here at all. Everyone assumes I got it all for a song and should just give it all away here.

You shouldn't give it away. You should be making a trade.

Stop it. Im just pointing out facts. I understand your situation. But this board has helped you. A lot. You should be kissing instead of kicking it.

I gave multiple times long before I "got" anything. I also never asked for ANY monetary help at all. None of it. Anyone who offered I told them they didn't have to do it. I can't force people to stop doing what they want to do, as evidenced by this damn thread.

Edited by Chip Cataldo

We interrupt this thread to bring you Buzzetta's thoughts and how to put an end to drama....

Press play as you read and thank me later.

I think that a lot of this could easily be put to rest if there was a value cap placed on things. You could pay whatever you wanted in order to ship your item but there should definitely be a range where everyone could participate and no one would feel hurt.

I got no pony in this race kiddies.

Perhaps like in the $25-35 range. Then things are of value, the thread runs its course and then there you go. Want to go $40 to $50... whatever...

Just keep in mind that sometimes the natural tendency of these things is to feel compelled to one up the ante in order to show appreciation for what was claimed. Eventually it gets to the point that someone is not going to be able to reciprocate and others will have hurt feelings.

However, as the Paul, John, Ringo and George said... (I'm tired of everyone putting Ringo last)

"And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make."

Edited by Buzzetta