• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

~~THE~~GIVING~~TREE~~
6 6

7,208 posts in this topic

Here is another picture I found of Phoenix, Wolverine, and Cyclops done by Kirby.

Channel-4-Neanderthal-2000.jpg

They look identical to supes, ww and batman but thats what we love about kirby. Men and women have the same neanderthal faces. Kirby did change the size of the face to indicate male or female. Only way you could tell.

You cant deny he can draw some stuff great even if you dont care for his faces

large.jpg

i can deny. I understand artists love him because he was one of the firsts, but I would never call him a great artist. I can't judge an artist because I know very little about art but it just looks awful.

You think Odin's outfit here is terribly drawn?

You think odins outfit here is beautifully drawn? I need examples. Maybe if you explain to me why you like him, i can better appreciate his work. Serious, not trying to be a . Just why his artwork is good in your opinion.

Yes I think it is super incredibly drawn. The op art and cubist elements as well as his use of 3 dimensions in the outfit is amazing. The black-white balance is spot-on-something some of the artists you mentioned have trouble with. It's imaginative as hell and speaking as an artist it's really really hard to think up all those design elements off the top of your head-and Kirby does it consistently. His depiction of machinery and worlds in FF was incredible. I guess you don't know how difficult it is to achieve unless you've tried it. And the design elements hold well-it doesn't look sporadic as many of say Jim Lee's pieces do, where's there's just a wad of superheroes all crammed together with no overarching design holding it all together. It takes a master to draw something so complex that does not confuse the viewer. I understand your view though-like i said I used to hate Kirby.

This i can understand. Just not "kirby is the king". It would take a lot of imagination to create this kind of stuff, definitely an art. Im a child of the copper/modern era. I grew up on that stuff so i have a different point of view on what i like characters to look like.

He gets called the King because he spans GA SA BA with a huge volume of work.

No one else can claim that

Curt Swan is the only one I can think of that comes close-his first work was at the end of the GA

:news::news::news::news::news::news::news::news::news::news:

To commemorate solarcadet's ban today, we're going to implement a new Stacked Strike Rule.

This is not retroactive. It will go into affect after Chip's current offer.

Within the last 12 months:

• Strike 1 - one month suspension
  • Strike 2 - three month suspension
  • Strike 3 - permanent ban

Random Act of Kindness

I <3 it.

"RAK" (thumbs u

Ok, I would like to contribute something. I see a lot of freebies for US boardies, so instead of complaining about it and in "honour" of our nations most populous city and soon-to-be-turfed mayor come October 2014 (:wishluck:), I would like to present:

CRAK - Canadian Random Act of Kindness

Freebie with free shipping anywhere in Canada. Amazing Spider-Man #275, Canadian Price Edition! As an FYI, shipping to the US would be $8. ;)

asm_zps25116449.jpg

To commemorate solarcadet's ban today, we're going to implement a new Stacked Strike Rule.

This is not retroactive. It will go into affect after Chip's current offer.

Within the last 12 months:

• Strike 1 - one month suspension
  • Strike 2 - three month suspension
  • Strike 3 - permanent ban

I love this idea. Question though....with the first strike, that isn't really much of a punishment. To get a strike it is assumed you have to have taken something recently. With the 30 day rule, having a 30 day suspension is like a pitcher in MLB getting a 3 game suspension when they don't pitch but every 5 or 6 days anyway. I mean, I guess that would prevent them from getting RAK's, and that would certainly stink, but as for the main offers It isn't much of a punishment. Just my $.02!

It's an additional month.

So if someone got a strike today - 07/11/14, they wouldn't be able to normally participate until 08/11/14 (even though they could still participate via the 48 hour rule).

Now, with one strike, they couldn't participate until 08/11/14 - AT ALL.

With two strikes, 10/11/14.