• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

~~THE~~GIVING~~TREE~~
6 6

7,208 posts in this topic

I have a question, how can you "stall" a 72 hour deadline in 48 hours? :shrug:
No one?

I think people are trying to move on from any sort of conflict starting discussion or answering questions with potential snark. :sorry:

I see, snark is reserved for after offers are posted.

Go back to the posts this morning. There was already a LOT of discussion about people being rushed and things of that nature.

I think people are just trying to move on and experience the love of the Tree.

Apologies, I was at work all day and was unable to join the conversation until now.

God. How dare you ask a question that the answer was posted already. 50 pages ago (in an hour). Sheesh!

:baiting::hi:

As far as the eyes being mismatched-not sure if that is intentional as Odin has eye problems/patch but that is atypical for Kirby. I can find a crooked face of any artist you want to mention. But I selected that piece granted that Kirby's faces some found a turn off and just focus on everything else.

As far as the eyes being mismatched-not sure if that is intentional as Odin has eye problems/patch but that is atypical for Kirby. I can find a crooked face of any artist you want to mention. But I selected that piece granted that Kirby's faces some found a turn off and just focus on everything else.

I think the rest of the picture is pretty incredible. But I just keep looking back at that left eye.

I think the rest of the picture is pretty incredible. But I just keep looking back at that left eye.

Yep

I feel ya

Inker shoulda handled that

But then again-Royer once fixed something of Kirby's and he had a fit-DO NOT EVER EVER EVER CHANGE ANYTHING I DRAW

Colletta got a pass I guess..... lol

EVEN MORE RANDOM GOODWILL

Let's keep the freebie theme going tonight. Free shipping to anyone in US

Showcase Presents Metamorpho TPB

20140529_230314_zps8ocd0pu5.jpg

Volume 1 - Collects Brave and the Bold (1955-1983 1st Series) #57-58, 66, 68, Metamorpho (1965-1968 1st Series) #1-17, and Justice League of America (Vol.1) #42. Written by Bob Haney and Gardner Fox. Art by Ramona Fradon, Jack Sparling, and Mike Sekowsky. Cover by Sal Trapani. This massive black-and-white volume collects all Metamorpho's Silver Age adventures. Guest-starring Batman, the Justice League of America, the Metal Men and more! Softcover, 560 pages

I want to give other people a chance, so if it's still here in the morning I'm going to take it.

This looks like some interesting reading. So if it's still available, :takeit:

Use your imaginations. The man was involved in a lot of heavy battles. He suffered that eye injury long before you were born. Kudos to Kirby for realizing that and drawing his eye so life like.
\

Thats how I look at it-and he drew it that way many times so maybe that was the impetus behind it

His eye kept getting worse until finally-EYEPATCH

Volume 1 - Collects Brave and the Bold (1955-1983 1st Series) #57-58, 66, 68, Metamorpho (1965-1968 1st Series) #1-17, and Justice League of America (Vol.1) #42. Written by Bob Haney and Gardner Fox. Art by Ramona Fradon, Jack Sparling, and Mike Sekowsky. Cover by Sal Trapani. This massive black-and-white volume collects all Metamorpho's Silver Age adventures. Guest-starring Batman, the Justice League of America, the Metal Men and more! Softcover, 560 pages

I want to give other people a chance, so if it's still here in the morning I'm going to take it.

^^

PM me your info

^^

PM me your info

(thumbs u

About 2 years ago I committed to reading all Marvel comics starting from 1961 in continuity by month of release. What I don't have on hand in actual books, or in omnibus form, I read digitally. Kirby's output and quality is astounding in this period (I am up to April 67). As cliche as it sounds, Kirby's work truly crackles with black dot electricity, he was a futurist to rival all others in his detailed vision of the future world(s). Despite backseat quarterbacking on his style that many engage in, there are many more serious comic artists who recognize his pioneering vision and lasting contributions to the continued success of Marvel and the comics medium itself to this day.