• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I tried to be nice with Symbiotic since I have dealt with him before on here. I purchased three comic books from him in his thread.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=346999&Number=7846901#Post7846901

Southern Bastards #1 (Third Eye Variant) 9.8 SS by Jason Aaron

Lazarus #1 Forbidden Planet Variant 9.8 $30

Larazus #1 First Print 9.8 $20

I found that he had these listed on eBay today.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281383353833?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281383351496?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649

I asked him about this and this is the series of replies I got.

"sorry my mistake, they are taken down immediately."

"i do however need your address. and if you could list exactly which books you purchased. "

"if you could possibly paypal me $1 additional but not as a gift, it would make it a lot easier as I could print out a label rather than having to go to the post office. "

"feel free to call me ____________ so we can clear it up.

i appreciate you paying via gift but it makes it hard for me to print out any sort of USPS shipping forms. "

"actually it says on paypal that you have no address on file. could you just send me a message with your address as well as the exact books you purchased."

My response is that you have to be kidding me and I am not a fool. I didn't pay gifted to him and my address is definitely on file with paypal.

I will remove this if I get my books, which I doubt I will. I tried to give someone the benefit of the doubt and wasted my time. What a joke.

I am not looking for sympathy. I walked right into the problem, so I am just letting everyone know he is still doing this stuff after apologizing a million times. I got a refund from him (which is pending), but I highly advise you not to deal with him.

Edited by PhAnTaSmV

To be fair, THIS was his thread when he was on the PL. Then he was removed. So when you stumbled upon his new thread, there was no way to be warned unless you saw his old thread.

This is why it is important to have this guy on the HOS. A nice permanent reminder of who he is. ;)

Guys,

I have been a member of this board for many years and have purchased ample items from the selling board. I have never had one problem with anything I purchased. I love this site and I’m very impressed with 99% of the people who post here. Last night I had my first bad experience purchasing an item and I wanted to let everyone know what happened. I made a deal with Symbiotic for 10 Image #1’s for $78 shipped.

Later that night while I read the boards I noticed that he was on the probation list and I notified him that I had problems dealing with him because of this. I told him that since I had made a deal with him that I would honor it but I wanted him to send me the comics first. If I received what was promised I would immediately send him the funds. At the time I did not want to do this but I felt that since I made a deal I should honor it.

After a couple more emails I was notified this morning that Symbiotic wanted to change the deal. Instead of me receiving 10 comics he was going to cut it back to 8 plus he was going to raise the price. When I questioned him on this he responded with the following:

sorry to re-nig Ray but after looking at the prices of these books I'd literally be losing hundreds with this sale. my reputation here is already *spoon*, so my apologizes likely mean nothing but i am sorry we couldn't work this out.

What’s really funny about this is he kept telling me how he was wrongly accused and he was the subject of a witch hunt. He promised me that he was a top notch seller and that I would receive the comics promised in 2 days’ time. One more thing every time I read our email chain his email chains were disappearing. I think he deleted 4 or 5 of them. I have never seen anything like this in my entire life and I wanted to let you guys know. Truly classic stuff.

Edited by raybowles

Guys,

I have been a member of this board for many years and have purchased ample items from the selling board. I have never had one problem with anything I purchased. I love this site and I’m very impressed with 99% of the people who post here. Last night I had my first bad experience purchasing an item and I wanted to let everyone know what happened. I made a deal with Symbiotic for 10 Image #1’s for $78 shipped.

Later that night while I read the boards I noticed that he was on the probation list and I notified him that I had problems dealing with him because of this. I told him that since I had made a deal with him that I would honor it but I wanted him to send me the comics first. If I received what was promised I would immediately send him the funds. At the time I did not want to do this but I felt that since I made a deal I should honor it.

After a couple more emails I was notified this morning that Symbiotic wanted to change the deal. Instead of me receiving 10 comics he was going to cut it back to 8 plus he was going to raise the price. When I questioned him on this he responded with the following:

sorry to re-nig Ray but after looking at the prices of these books I'd literally be losing hundreds with this sale. my reputation here is already *spoon*, so my apologizes likely mean nothing but i am sorry we couldn't work this out.

What’s really funny about this is he kept telling me how he was wrongly accused and he was the subject of a witch hunt. He promised me that he was a top notch seller and that I would receive the comics promised in 2 days’ time. One more thing every time I read our email chain his email chains were disappearing. I think he deleted 4 or 5 of them. I have never seen anything like this in my entire life and I wanted to let you guys know. Truly classic stuff.

You are lucky you didn't pay him. His moral compass rotates at 3,000 rpm.

I never knew the guy was a problem until last night and I was not getting quality books. I was getting recent IMAGE stuff at market value.

That's the problem with a guy who games our Probation List like Symbi did.

Screw people over, lie, and push the limits until he gets caught and then wail and moan about what a horrible mistake he's made until he's removed from the list and allowed to repeat the cycle.

You are very lucky you didn't send him any money.

And I'm not defending the guy's actions. I think its sad that it's come to this as the HOS should be reserved for the truly scummy guys; red rocks comes to mind.

And honestly when you think about it, maybe solarcadet1 shouldn't be in the HOS...but I digress.

So the guy isn't scummy because he doesn't dink around with expensive books, only cheap ones? What if he was selling an Action #1 but used a reprint as a stock photo?

And solarcadet1 definitely deserves his lumps.

If only HOS members could get banned so he wouldn't have to quote me and talk at me every time I make a post he's interested in. :wishluck:

+1

I do NOT understand why someone on the HOS is tolerated around here.

:eyeroll:

When we as a community put someone in the HoS, it's like we kicked them off the island in Survivor. Yet the producers have decided to just let them hang around. It's odd.

Solarcadet could just FIX THE PROBLEM, and get off the HOS. But he doesn't. He thumbs his nose at this entire community, and nothing happens.

Meanwhile...well...best not go down that road.

You have been allowed your particular brand of crazy for what, a decade now?

:popcorn:

Consider the source and ignore the jerk. Larry throwing stones at anyone is hysterical. Look in the mirror Larry. lol