• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

~~THE~~GIVING~~TREE~~
6 6

7,208 posts in this topic

$$$$ shouldn't matter

Aren't most of the perceived issues with PIF is people taking big ticket offerings and offering up drek? Money typically defines drek.

True-but drek to me is more Shadowhawk II # 3-now the previous poster can certainly veto, but Chip has made it well known where his income falls. I think he legitimately is trying to offer a package thriftily that's made somewhat of a theme.

I think Chip sounds like a great guy and I wish him a quick financial turn-around but I see his offer as a step down compared to the two Spiderman books. I have no veto power so I guess we will just see how things go.

I retract what I said. Chip - leave your books up for a day and see how things go. Maybe I'm completely off-base on what people are looking for. I tend to assign value to most things and doing a cost to benefit analyses is part of my everyday life as an Engineer so maybe I take it too far at times. I promise no more comments from me about quality of the offers except to accept the offers I like.

I'm cool enough to accept when I need to go another route.

I honestly thought you were joking when you posted slagging off his offer so quickly.

+1

must be sarcasm, no one would be that harsh that quick.

$$$$ shouldn't matter

Aren't most of the perceived issues with PIF is people taking big ticket offerings and offering up drek? Money typically defines drek.

True-but drek to me is more Shadowhawk II # 3-now the previous poster can certainly veto, but Chip has made it well known where his income falls. I think he legitimately is trying to offer a package thriftily that's made somewhat of a theme.

I think Chip sounds like a great guy and I wish him a quick financial turn-around but I see his offer as a step down compared to the two Spiderman books. I have no veto power so I guess we will just see how things go.

I retract what I said. Chip - leave your books up for a day and see how things go. Maybe I'm completely off-base on what people are looking for. I tend to assign value to most things and doing a cost to benefit analyses is part of my everyday life as an Engineer so maybe I take it too far at times. I promise no more comments from me about quality of the offers except to accept the offers I like.

I honestly thought you were joking when you posted slagging off his offer so quickly.

+1

Nope - I was trying to be blunt and honest and came across as harsh and crass.

$$$$ shouldn't matter

+1

Nope - I was trying to be blunt and honest and came across as harsh and crass.

But what you said was correct and saved us 72 hours of boredom. The new offer is significantly better.

I didn't wake up early enough for the great debate :( But I have 2c and I want to throw them in. Better late then never.

It was sort of glazed over but I don't think it really hit home. The main issue I have with people saying "That's great I'll claim it in 48 hours" is that they are effectively posting their :takeit: in advance forming a waiting list of sorts. Yes someone eligible to claim something can come in earlier of course, but it is still a subversive I'll take it in advance.

Someone can also just privately PM their intention of taking something, as was mentioned, so it's probably neither here nor there, but the intentions of the thread are that you shouldn't normally claim something more than once a month. By encouraging someone to not change up their offer you can exploit that rule pretty regularly I'm betting with thinly veiled posts announcing your intentions of bailing out the offeror or by PM'ing them directly. That's a problem.

I understand why the 48 hour rule was added, I think it's a good idea, it helps keeps the thread rolling and fresh. But if people are going to exploit it I think it's better to not have it.

Perhaps a PM next time? The West Coast was barely out of bed.

Sold point. Probably would work equally as well.

Ok folks I'm sendin off the OA to those who requested it

I decided to use oversize padded envelopes rather than mailing tubes cause i didnt like what was happening to the art when I rolled it up.

I've received stuff in these envelopes undamaged but should there be a problem contact me and I'll resend something. These things can be bent without damaging artwork they cannot be folded-I will put do not fold on the outside-I have never had a carrier fold one but just in case it happens, I will fix.

-Kav

Random Gift

These items will all ship out via Priority Mail to all 50 States for free. It will ship out after the weekend because I have to get some of them out of storage. :)

For the horror buffs.....

TWISTED TALES (1983) # 2-10 Full Run + Twisted 3D Tales # 1 (1986 One-Shot) Pacific Comics and Blackthorne Publishing Most issues are in VF/NM or better condition.

100_5370_zps7f8f52b0.jpg

100_5371_zps0cf582c5.jpg

100_5372_zps01d8fc39.jpg

100_5368_zpscc6b25fa.jpg

Living Corpse # 1/2 SIGNED at Wizard World Philly 2008 by Ken Haeser and Buz Hasson NM

101_0591_zps547c454a.jpg

30 Days of Night Spreading the Disease TPB (2007) NM+

100_6924_zpsbea82343.jpg

Wait how do we get Kav OA?

:cool:(shrug)

Just PM me

Free sketch or $10 for shipping if ya want pages

Harv if ya cant get those rapid city comics lemme know I have some extras somewhere

Ok I had 10 requests for OA which are all sent out. I was careful about who wanted what but if for some reason there is a mixup or a damaged package let me know immediately.

2 others I'm currently working on as they had special requests

ps the guy at the post office was asking me what was in all those packages we started talking and he wants me to bring him a page next time I come in!