• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

~~THE~~GIVING~~TREE~~
6 6

7,208 posts in this topic

It has always been my opinion that runs, regardless of value or condition, are of interest to people. When people type me for advice that is usually one of my suggestions.

It has always been my opinion that runs, regardless of value or condition, are of interest to people. When people type me for advice that is usually one of my suggestions.

so people ask your opinion about their "runs"?

1cool, I think Chris makes a fair point, and I think you both should discuss it in a PM while I wait here for Chip finish that sandwich he's having.

What kind of sandwich do you think he's eating? Turkey is my bet… Maybe a little bit of mayo.

1cool, I think Chris makes a fair point, and I think you both should discuss it in a PM while I wait here for Chip finish that sandwich he's having.

What kind of sandwich do you think he's eating? Turkey is my bet… Maybe a little bit of mayo.

:sick:

$$$$ shouldn't matter

Aren't most of the perceived issues with PIF is people taking big ticket offerings and offering up drek? Money typically defines drek.

True-but drek to me is more Shadowhawk II # 3-now the previous poster can certainly veto, but Chip has made it well known where his income falls. I think he legitimately is trying to offer a package thriftily that's made somewhat of a theme.

I think Chip sounds like a great guy and I wish him a quick financial turn-around but I see his offer as a step down compared to the two Spiderman books. I have no veto power so I guess we will just see how things go.

I retract what I said. Chip - leave your books up for a day and see how things go. Maybe I'm completely off-base on what people are looking for. I tend to assign value to most things and doing a cost to benefit analyses is part of my everyday life as an Engineer so maybe I take it too far at times. I promise no more comments from me about quality of the offers except to accept the offers I like.

I'm cool enough to accept when I need to go another route.

Edited by 1Cool

so people ask your opinion about their "runs"?

Yes they do. You would be surprised the number of nice people I have met on here by them randomly typing me for advice. :)

Oh..wait....ewwww..you meant the other type of runs. :blush::sick::grin:

Hoagie, I think he's a Hoagie type of guy, with all the fix ins

Honestly, I think he probably likes tacos.

Nah, too much of a baby face on that boy. He likes a good ol' fashion burger.

Speaking of freebies; having a great day at work so…

Free to the next boardie who claims it and who hasn’t already claimed or received any other freebie(s) in this thread. I’ll cover postage in the CONUS and the first $10 for International.

DSCN1020_zpsde536b65.jpg

If still available. I kept changing my mind, lol. Let me just say, Ebtorres is awesome, couldn't be a nicer person.

Thanks.

Since I'm getting something, If anyone wants the Batman Long Halloween and Wolverine Enemy of the State tpb, both are great stories, let me know. I'm not at home at the moment, dont have pics, but it's in good condition, i'll pay free us shipping.

^^

Sliced Italian sausage, salami, provolone, and horse radish

Sliced Italian sausage, salami, provolone, and horse radish

Now that is a lunch.

April had fried bologna. I had cream cheese on toast. We're weird. :)

As far as other favorites, I like all of the above...turkey, hoagies, tacos, burgers, etc. Two years ago I was 185, now I'm 235. I just need to stop eating. I love all food, and that's dangerous.

Anyway, here's the offer change...a large chunk of Jack Kirby's Kamandi. 25 issues, and most of it is well above "reader" quality (for those that didn't care for my last offering).

Issue #'s 5, 6, 8, 9, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 19, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 30, 31, 33, 34, 37, 39, 43, 46 and 56.

14649226503_be95967d17_o.jpg

< joel > "Whaddaya think, sirs?" < / joel >

Peace,

Chip

Edited by Chip Cataldo

$$$$ shouldn't matter

Aren't most of the perceived issues with PIF is people taking big ticket offerings and offering up drek? Money typically defines drek.

True-but drek to me is more Shadowhawk II # 3-now the previous poster can certainly veto, but Chip has made it well known where his income falls. I think he legitimately is trying to offer a package thriftily that's made somewhat of a theme.

I think Chip sounds like a great guy and I wish him a quick financial turn-around but I see his offer as a step down compared to the two Spiderman books. I have no veto power so I guess we will just see how things go.

I retract what I said. Chip - leave your books up for a day and see how things go. Maybe I'm completely off-base on what people are looking for. I tend to assign value to most things and doing a cost to benefit analyses is part of my everyday life as an Engineer so maybe I take it too far at times. I promise no more comments from me about quality of the offers except to accept the offers I like.

I'm cool enough to accept when I need to go another route.

I honestly thought you were joking when you posted slagging off his offer and suggesting that he switch it up so quickly.