• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Does that mean it's his 3rd strike...or did they give him 3 strikes at once? If it's 3 at once, wouldn't that be his 4th for the year?

is there a limit?

Yes 4 strikes in a rolling year = permanent ban. Strikes stack. Strike 1 was in December, Strike 2 was in 06/24, strike 3 is today. So if he gets another strike between now and December 19th (I think, i'd have to check) he's banned. This strike also means a 1 month suspension.

Does that mean it's his 3rd strike...or did they give him 3 strikes at once? If it's 3 at once, wouldn't that be his 4th for the year?

I believe what happened was:

He had received a Strike in December. He received another recently that should have been treated as a Second, but was only treated as a first. Additionally, he had threatened another Boardie recently that went unnoticed by the mods until Arch saw some discussing it in public. I'll let the couple of guys that were involved take the credit though! (worship)

I believe what happened was:

He had received a Strike in December. He received another recently that should have been treated as a Second, but was only treated as a first. Additionally, he had threatened another Boardie recently that went unnoticed by the mods until Arch saw some discussing it in public. I'll let the couple of guys that were involved take the credit though! (worship)

What was the context in which the threats were made? Link?

In all fairness, he should have been banned last month when he made the comments he made in the one thread and got a strike (06/24) That was his fourth in a year. So this last strike from today was actually an "extra time" strike, since he should have been banned three weeks ago. Last night he (solarcadet) got my goat up because he was antagonistic about how he never got a strike for his comments last month so I went searching for the strike record that I remember him getting last month. While googling I also found records of a strike in December. I didn't understand therefore why the strike in June was a 1 week vacation then (it's supposed to be 2 for a second strike) so I pm'd arch last night about it. He got back to me this morning to graciously say that something got overlooked and there must have been a mistake. He was going to follow up on it. From what I understand, concurrently there was another issue with some comments that he had made to another boardie that caused what would actually be the 5th strike (originally we thought the third) Ditch found two more strikes so now he's banned. I think the explanation from the mod team was that he had done several name changes (probably around the time we did the HoS poll when he was taking swipes at Slym :( (we miss you Slym) and that caused a confusion as to how many strikes were sitting on solarcadet1. So now he's gone.