• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

~~THE~~GIVING~~TREE~~
6 6

7,208 posts in this topic

Yeah... I wasnt specifically saying he shouldnt take it, just that there has only been a few free offers that were not specifically given to someone, so it is pretty awesome when they are offered.

...so people shouldn't be hogs and give others a chance to claim freebies. Makes perfect sense. If not it'd be reminiscent to those that just laid in wait over in the PIF thread... hm:idea:

The definition of a hog can vary person to person which can cause issues. Would once every two weeks be a good time frame for not appearing to be excessive? Unless a free offer sits for more than a day then it is up for grabs?

Good call and excellent suggestions. I particularly like this: Unless an free offer sits for more than a day then it is up for grabs.

I think giving others a chance at claiming free stuff might get other members to participate too which is what to need to keep the thread alive and well...

I dont know if it is a defined time as much as what feels right. After I got my ASM in a claim there were several free offers. I didnt claim any because it just didnt "feel" right since I was lucky to get a cool offer. I dont know.... Maybe I shouldnt have said anything. It wasnt really my place, it was just that it was 2 out of the last 3 freebies.

I dont know if it is a defined time as much as what feels right. After I got my ASM in a claim there were several free offers. I didnt claim any because it just didnt "feel" right since I was lucky to get a cool offer. I dont know.... Maybe I shouldnt have said anything. It wasnt really my place, it was just that it was 2 out of the last 3 freebies.

He did ask before grabbing it and no one told him they wanted it - but it was at 1:08 AM out here in the East. I think if a person waits 1 days to see if other people want the item after recently getting a freebee would be great.

I'm with you... you didn't do or say anything out of place.

Y'all been eatin long enough now stop bein greedy

Just keep it real partner give to the needy

- D.M.X.

:banana:

WHERE MY DOGS AT!!! lol

Y'all been eatin long enough now stop bein greedy

Just keep it real partner give to the needy

- D.M.X.

:banana:

Y'all gon' make me go all out

Up in here, up in here

Y'all gon' make me act a FOOL

Up in HERE, up in here

Y'all gon' make me lose my cool

Up in here, up in here

-D.M.X.

Speaking of freebies; having a great day at work so…

Free to the next boardie who claims it and who hasn’t already claimed or received any other freebie(s) in this thread. I’ll cover postage in the CONUS and the first $10 for International.

DSCN1020_zpsde536b65.jpg

He did ask before grabbing it and no one told him they wanted it - but it was at 1:08 AM out here in the East. I think if a person waits 1 days to see if other people want the item after recently getting a freebee would be great.

If someone else wants it, go for it. I'll give it up, I dont want this to be an issue.

I also think that the time thing is a bad argument, simply for the fact then its favoring EST. For us out west, what if an offer goes up at 9am, can we claim foul since it was 6am for us? What about 7pm, East coast is at home, us on the West still maybe at work so we didnt have time look.

So again, if someone else wants the Taco truck go for it, thats why I asked but nw the time it was offered may be an issue.

Mr. Swick can we get some sort of official stance regarding timing? Maybe im overreacting, but if we're on the computer out west at 10pm we shouldnt claim or offer anything because its too late for the East?

I think time of day is irrelevant. It is always late or early somewhere. I think frequency is more of the issue but honestly it is nothing about you just something that could be an issue with the wrong people.

We want as many people as we can to benefit from the generosity of others :)

Free to the next boardie who claims it and who hasn’t already claimed or received any other freebie(s) in this thread. I’ll cover postage in the CONUS and the first $10 for International.

DSCN1020_zpsde536b65.jpg

(thumbs u :applause:

DSCN1020_zpsde536b65.jpg

That is very cool