• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

~~THE~~GIVING~~TREE~~
6 6

7,208 posts in this topic

I need some clarification. Lets say I took this fine offer and then my offering was not taken within the 3 day window for whatever reason. No veto was issued. I get a strike. Do I get to keep the Spiderman books and then someone else has to come up with an offer for me? Or does my offer become null in void and these spiderman books go back up for others to grab?

Yes, you get to keep the Spider-man books. This was discussed already.

The person offering up the books to you could have used their veto. They didn't. If they choose not to, they have to send the books.

And we will not be "reverting back" to previous offers. That is called the PIF thread. (thumbs u

I thought I was in PIF when I saw those first 3 options last night. Glad it was switched up.

:news: :news: :news: RULES UPDATED :news: :news: :news:

Please note Rule 8(b) as an exception to the one :takeit: per month.

Exception: After 48 hours of an offer being posted, anyone is free to claim it and offer up an item.

I have a feeling this offer's not gonna fly and could get vetoed. It might need some changing up. I apologize in advance if I'm wrong. (which I often am)

This sort of illustrates why I suggested the community veto option initially. I think it's easier for 3rd parties to voice this opinion (which I applaud you for doing), where it might make the original offeror feel guilty or reluctant to step on anyone's toes.

I'm not assuming the original offeror doesn't want to invoke the veto, maybe he just hasn't seen it yet, but I could see where people might not want to push the big red veto button and where it would be much easier for 3rd parties to step forward.

I would feel uncomfortable vetoing-and now that I think of it the last veto was used only after other boardies expressed dissatisfaction with the offer....this may be something to consider...

With all the veto power being in the hands of the original person who offered the books, you better believe they will receive plenty of "push" from the community to veto offers that may grind the thread to a halt.

Exception: After 48 hours of an offer being posted, anyone is free to claim it and offer up an item.

:applause:

I have a feeling this offer's not gonna fly and could get vetoed. It might need some changing up. I apologize in advance if I'm wrong. (which I often am)

This sort of illustrates why I suggested the community veto option initially. I think it's easier for 3rd parties to voice this opinion (which I applaud you for doing), where it might make the original offeror feel guilty or reluctant to step on anyone's toes.

I'm not assuming the original offeror doesn't want to invoke the veto, maybe he just hasn't seen it yet, but I could see where people might not want to push the big red veto button and where it would be much easier for 3rd parties to step forward.

I would feel uncomfortable vetoing-and now that I think of it the last veto was used only after other boardies expressed dissatisfaction with the offer....this may be something to consider...

With all the veto power being in the hands of the original person who offered the books, you better believe they will receive plenty of "push" from the community to veto offers that may grind the thread to a halt.

And that's a good thing. We all have the right and responsibility to call out sub-par offers. The same goes for veto power. If there's anything I've learned from the PIF it's that others can't play fair, consequence is necessary.

Current offer:

Amazing Spider-Man 298 and 299 clean flat off white 9.0 or better

image_zpsa6905343.jpg

Duck, this forum has the most picky collectors in the world. :grin: Every modern under a 9.8 is not worthy to many here. :eyeroll: If you don't have a scanner, try taking individual pictures where everyone can see the spine/edges. Use at least 6 megapixels and don't get so close that the pictures come out blurry. Angle the camera so that the camera flash doesn't put a glare on the comic. Make sure the comics are not directly under a ceiling light to avoid further glare. I'll put a couple examples in a spoiler for you so people don't get confused. Do the same with the back covers. :)

100_8433_zpsdd656274.jpg

100_8432_zpsd87be450.jpg

Hope these stay around for another day - I need a nice set to go with the ASM 300 I'm getting from Comicalgems.

Awesome thread. :cloud9:

Having read through this I have an additional thought on a possible addition to the rules. In the interest of keeping the game moving along. If a person lists and offer and it has sat unclaimed for 24 hours, that person would be required to add to it or list another offer. After that it would be up to the discretion of the person making the offer to add to it or not, risking a possible strike if the offer and revised offer(s) go unclaimed.

Awesome thread. :cloud9:

Having read through this I have an additional thought on a possible addition to the rules. In the interest of keeping the game moving along. If a person lists and offer and it has sat unclaimed for 24 hours, that person would be required to add to it or list another offer. After that it would be up to the discretion of the person making the offer to add to it or not, risking a possible strike if the offer and revised offer(s) go unclaimed.

I'm trying to leave that choice up to the person making the offer. They're giving something they choose is a "generous" offer. They can decide how they want to control their time on the clock, you know. They have three days. They can leave one offer up and not change it up for two days and 23 hours if they wished. The longer a stale offer is left up, the less time they have to change it up and have their offer taken.

Yes, ideally someone would continue to try to mix up their offers and WANT someone to take it. But not everyone can be on the Boards as often as they'd like. I just want the person offering to have discretion of what to do with their offer. (thumbs u

Clarification, if someone changes their offer after 24 hours, does the clock start over? Technically if yes then it would preclude anyone sitting on the 1 month bench from pick their offer at all right, since there would be less than 48 hours left before a strike is issued.

Why are people so picky about claiming stuff being offered? Is it because they will likely have to give up better books as a result? Is there strategy to this madness?

:shrug: :baiting:

No.

A strict 48 hours from the time of posting claiming. (thumbs u

FTFY - it is cleaner & better to stick with a single start point for all of your clocks

The "72 hour strike" & "24 hours to post offer" are based on claim time, your new rule should be the same.

2c