• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

~~THE~~GIVING~~TREE~~
6 6

7,208 posts in this topic

So, can Barth shed his Junk-Donkey status, throw on his leopard skin onesie and send Kraven to a world-wide 12 month trip?

The answer my friends, is eagerly awaited.......

I will be shipping Kraven to an undisclosed location tonight. The recipient can do with him as he wishes. I will take my last photo of him tonight right before he is sent off. He will be missed, we had a lot of fun times together.

Boardies you have my word...Kraven or any of the mess offers I have put up in the PIF thread will not be posted again. If I do claim something on this thread or the PIF I will make sure my offer is comparable. I no longer want to be labeled a junk donkey.

Great gesture. A first step is always the toughest!

Well Barth - there is a bloody good offer just sitting waiting..........

Now I have to figure out what to offer not to be too way off… I am not familiar with prices on some of these… hm

Claudio, my understanding is not to focus on the value, offer up something that you think is acceptable.

I look at what I have that isn't junk that I dont want or need.....Congrats on your haul, thanks to Wall-Crawler for the amazing offer.

Now I have to figure out what to offer not to be too way off I am not familiar with prices on some of these hm

Claudio, my understanding is not to focus on the value, offer up something that you think is acceptable.

I look at what I have that isn't junk that I dont want or need.....Congrats on your haul, thanks to Wall-Crawler for the amazing offer.

+1 on it is not about the value, at least it should not be. Just offer what you can, I know you are a good guy and we all have different resources. Honest effort is all that should matter.

As an FYI to the group, I bought some Avengers books off of Claudio awhile ago for a buddy of mine and they were awesome and as described!

Thanks Tyler, I was worried about the Avengers… :D

I already have a pair of the books you generously offered in low grade, so I thought it would have been a nice way to upgrade. :)

Two options, one Golden Age, another one Copper/Modern independent graphic novels.

Option A - The Communist Threat

Take any two of the books below plus the hc essay book "Comic Books and America". Shipping included to everywhere.

Marvel Family #77 - VG-

The well-known "Communist Threat" cover, which showed the Golden Age was gone for Captain Marvel and family. The story is somewhat related as King Kull menaces the Kids' United Nations (led by Billy Batson).

mNo01khh.jpg

Treasure Chest v18 #2 - VG

First installment of the classic "This Godless Communism" storyline with great art by Reed Crandall.

cGREJ3oh.jpg

Journey Into Mystery #93 - VG (some color touch and glue on spine)

First apperance of the Radioactive Man, one of your most beloved soviet villains, with gorgeous art by Jack Kirby (inked by Chic Stone, I think).

j6Hi3lch.jpg

Comic books and America - NM (in original dust jacket)

An interesting essay.

QJ2JrK4l.jpg

---

Option B

Assorted graphic novels, take all three. I cover the first $20 shipping (which should suffice for these).

Violent Cases (1st US edition) - VFNM (or better)

Early Neil Gaiman and Dave McKean

87LQYdch.jpg

Brought to Light (Eclipse, 1989, 1st Printing) - VFNM

“A graphic docudrama”. Softcover edition.

xDUxYObh.jpg

Rubber Blanket #1 - VFNM (or better)

When David Mazzucchelli felt he has done some of the most significant work for Marvel and DC he went on and published this oversized magazine of experimental comics. They seem to be a bit scarce now.

3HyE9Bch.jpg

Ah, and since Tyler told me he will cover the first $20 shpipping, my offers will have free shipping as well (unless specified).

This means I can add this essay about a period of the Golden Age, so you can take two of the above pictured books plus the essay (book is in NM condition with dust jacket). (thumbs u

QJ2JrK4l.jpg

:news:

New Offer. Choose any five books.

avg_zpse75746ef.jpg

mp_zps0b8d4eed.jpg

spec_zpse0652d32.jpg

wif1_zps5bb8974f.jpg

sw1_zpse4a056ad.jpg

lc_zps644b49e7.jpg

xm_zpsf60c3edf.jpg

sh1_zps5ef1bd6f.jpg

detb_zps5334d93d.jpg

ms32_zps054c96b2.jpg

asm_zps25116449.jpg

I thought your original offer was great and this new one was just crazy good. Claudio is a great guy so I'm sure they are going to a good home.