• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

~~THE~~GIVING~~TREE~~
6 6

7,208 posts in this topic

Are all parts of the rules being strictly enforced? If so then why is there a "strike" exception for the current offer? Nowhere in the rules does it say "if the consensus agrees that current offering is good then a strike will not be given." By making this an exception won't this create issues in the future by having members claim future crappy offers as a "great offer" when in fact it isn't. If all it takes is for one or two people to bail out someone's drek offer then what about a few people to post how great an offer is? Would that cause an exception too?

Can everyone please discuss this?

We talked about it and I believe that if someone offers something that is generally accepted is a fair and generous offer and for whatever reason is NOT claimed, they shouldn't get a strike.

:news::news::news::news::news::news:

How do I put this into the rules though? Is it a majority vote? Is there a poll? I need to address this in the rules and need everyone's input.

If an :takeit: is put out, and the previous offerer has the option to veto, then maybe if the current offer expires, then they also have the option of negating the strike? Either that or Harvey.

I'm the previous offerer.

Tylers offer is absolutely fine. No veto from me.

Also, how in the hell are "strikes" even being discussed yet? The rules state:

3 Day Window to have an offer claimed. If your offer is not claimed in 3 days, you get a strike.

Again, my offer has been up for less than 24 hours. I have a life. I have plenty of time to switch it up and it has been buried in :blahblah::blahblah::blahblah: So, yeah, if no one claims it I will switch it up.

It's not posted in the rules but it was suggested and agreed that Harvey has veto power on strikes cause we trust his judgment. It would be unfair if WC got a strike cause his offer is solid just because no one took it.

The thing that bothers me is when somebody doesn't bother to change up their offer after some time goes by and it's not taken. Please people. You made the effort to claim something for free. Please put the effort into making someone claims your offer. Check back in the thread after several hours. Add to it or change some items in an attempt to spark interest. Check back in the next day. If still untaken... change it up again! Etc, etc. It just requires a bit of effort on the offerer's part to keep the thread moving for the entire board. 2c

I agree and no offense to WC but he should put something else up

I just got back from the lake...WTF is going on?

First of all, my offer has been derailed by constant discussions on how this should work. How far back is my offer now? These discussions should not be taking place here, my 2c

Secondly, my offer has been up for LESS than 24 hours. I don't know but I think it is a solid one and I don't have the time to be checking in on it "every couple of hours". :screwy:

Thirdly, Kav, why don't YOU take it or actually participate in something other than just :blahblah:

They arent books I'm interested in mainly due to the artists. A lot of people are excited with this thread and a delay-not your fault-has em itching a bit.

It's not posted in the rules but it was suggested and agreed that Harvey has veto power on strikes cause we trust his judgment. It would be unfair if WC got a strike cause his offer is solid just because no one took it.

The thing that bothers me is when somebody doesn't bother to change up their offer after some time goes by and it's not taken. Please people. You made the effort to claim something for free. Please put the effort into making someone claims your offer. Check back in the thread after several hours. Add to it or change some items in an attempt to spark interest. Check back in the next day. If still untaken... change it up again! Etc, etc. It just requires a bit of effort on the offerer's part to keep the thread moving for the entire board. 2c

I agree and no offense to WC but he should put something else up

I just got back from the lake...WTF is going on?

First of all, my offer has been derailed by constant discussions on how this should work. How far back is my offer now? These discussions should not be taking place here, my 2c

Secondly, my offer has been up for LESS than 24 hours. I don't know but I think it is a solid one and I don't have the time to be checking in on it "every couple of hours". :screwy:

Thirdly, Kav, why don't YOU take it or actually participate in something other than just :blahblah:

:roflmao: Welcome back.

Since you've been gone, a couple people offered up stuff for free and they were taken. Most of us have no real clue as to who owes who what and whose offer is on the table. :roflmao: (We think you're still up.)

We realize it's only been a day for your offer, but as you can see with the other offers being made, people are getting antsy to move the thread along. It's a new thread and it won't always be so active, but that's the way it is now. So, good luck. :)

All of the options to strike or not strike depending on how people feel can lead to a lot of inconsistencies. I hope everyone makes honest decisions and does not take into account how well liked someone is. As opposed to what the rules state which is you receive a strike if no one claims your item.

3 Day Window to have an offer claimed. If your offer is not claimed in 3 days, you get a strike.

Again, my offer has been up for less than 24 hours. I have a life. I have plenty of time to switch it up and it has been buried in :blahblah::blahblah::blahblah: So, yeah, if no one claims it I will switch it up.

Take it easy.... I know there is a ton of posts to weed through.

The discussion has been about getting the rules correct. Not your specific offer. In fact, the comments about your offer have been positive.

I know bud. I think people were loving the fast pace and were enjoy the thread and this is the first time (aside from my offer - the first one :facepalm: ) that has taken some time. I know you have good intentions so I wasn't worried and know this thread will slow down from time to time. Carry on bud. There were a bunch of good offers thrown out by generous members today so it wasn't all a lost day! :)

Regarding the strike issue - I'll try to use some judgment and ask the community before I do or do not award a strike.

If that works for everyone, I'll tweak the rules. And about people coming in and :popcorn: - that's cool. This thread is still in Comics General after all! lol Hopefully some of that :popcorn: will eventually turn to :takeit:

:cloud9:

I would be saddened if WC became bitter about perceived criticism and abandoned this thread and we lost one of the generous members.

Are all parts of the rules being strictly enforced? If so then why is there a "strike" exception for the current offer? Nowhere in the rules does it say "if the consensus agrees that current offering is good then a strike will not be given." By making this an exception won't this create issues in the future by having members claim future crappy offers as a "great offer" when in fact it isn't. If all it takes is for one or two people to bail out someone's drek offer then what about a few people to post how great an offer is? Would that cause an exception too?

We talked about it and I believe that if someone offers something that is generally accepted is a fair and generous offer and for whatever reason is NOT claimed, they shouldn't get a strike.

How do I put this into the rules though? Is it a majority vote? Is there a poll? I need to address this in the rules and need everyone's input.

My suggestion:

Change the rules as you see fit - bump that first post/highlighting changes made to it, TO PLACE it chronologically into the thread.

I'd also suggest you number the rules so that when someone breaks it by listing a gift without first taking something then we can all say "no, that breaks rule #4 - Only one offer at a time"

twilight_zone.gif

Edited by bababooey

My suggestion:

Change the rules as you see fit - bump that first post/highlighting changes made to it it chronologically into the thread.

I'd also suggest you number the rules so that when someone breaks it by listing a gift without first taking something then we can all say "no, that breaks rule #4 - Only one offer at a time"

+1

My suggestion:

Change the rules as you see fit - bump that first post/highlighting changes made to it, TO PLACE it chronologically into the thread.

twilight_zone.gif

REALLY good suggestions. Thank you! :foryou: I'll have to tinker with them tomorrow. :P

CG you've inspired me!!!

Kav PM me your address cause these G. Perez are coming home to you

DSC_2312_zps4263e1fc.jpg

DSC_2314_zpse4d37ada.jpg

and last but not least

148B3C78-9C3C-412A-A097-5F81AD7BA8C4_zpsdgoba7ag.jpg

That Wonder Woman dag nabit!! Very nice offer!