• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

~~THE~~GIVING~~TREE~~
6 6

7,208 posts in this topic

Ok Gents & Ladies (if present).... It's 10:35

My Offer:

This offer comes with Avengers Masterworks TPB 1 & 2 (since I just got an Avengers HC from the last offer) and a few mystery raws. Satisfaction guaranteed :)

Pick THREE Slabs:

14310084300_396cd40748.jpg

14493347071_754700dd97.jpg

14493346581_020fb9fe2f.jpg

14310129768_d56c3b733d.jpg

14310086020_24e467aed4.jpg

14473625116_e5f17cb0aa.jpg

14493344321_a722539cb9.jpg

14473625046_3d999b4ef9.jpg

14249050708_71fe9152d6.jpg

:news: FREE USA ship

:takeit: Daredevil, Wolverine & the X-Men and Harley Quin

Edited by Leroys311

If I'm reading the rules correct, you can only have one :takeit: in a 30 day period. If so that makes it tougher to take something. Will there be enough interest in this to make people wait 30 days? I have some nice stuff I can offer and would like the ss book being offered, but I would hate to miss a better ss book in a couple of weeks.

You have to factor in the number of SS books being offered is probably going to come up a couple times in a month and while you wait the quick fingers grabbers may eclipse their month and grab the SS you wanted. As long as you see something that interested you I'd grab it and you will be back in the game in a month. I think the new rule to outlaw mystery boxes will keep things moving a lot quicker since people don't like a mystery when they are putting up a comparable book.

So, for some people it's all about how much you can take and not at all what you can give. I see. :facepalm:

I thought the intent was to post up equal or more than you take? People still want a really cool book so they can post up a even cooler book.

Here in lies the dilemma. If this is truly about 'giving' then no one should care about which offer follows, but most do. The rub is that what is valuable varies, to a construction worker barely scraping up enough to put food on the table and still collect, putting up a $50 offer is no small potatoes, while to a lawyer that wouldn't bat an eye at posting a $300 slab, the $50 offer is . Is this thread truly about giving or outdoing the next guy? Both types of people are on this board and legitimately passionate about collecting, but can both coexist in a thread like this without it devolving into base accusation and name calling? Odds are against it.

I've been lurking through the PIF thread and this one and I can't believe how difficult some boardies are when it comes to claiming and offering things. Practice common sense. If you claim something expensive offer something close to it. You know damn well what "something close to it" is so stop playing games. Can't offer something close to it? Don't claim it then. Want to cry about the notion that this should just be about "giving" and singing cumbaya around a campfire, well here you go then

Ok Gents & Ladies (if present).... It's 10:35

My Offer:

This offer comes with Avengers Masterworks TPB 1 & 2 (since I just got an Avengers HC from the last offer) and a few mystery raws. Satisfaction guaranteed :)

Pick THREE Slabs:

14310084300_396cd40748.jpg

14493347071_754700dd97.jpg

14493346581_020fb9fe2f.jpg

14310129768_d56c3b733d.jpg

14310086020_24e467aed4.jpg

14473625116_e5f17cb0aa.jpg

14493344321_a722539cb9.jpg

14473625046_3d999b4ef9.jpg

14249050708_71fe9152d6.jpg

:news: FREE USA ship

:takeit: Daredevil, Wolverine & the X-Men and Harley Quin

Alright Leroy.... You are the ^^

Now the balls in your court (the pressure is on)

I've been lurking through the PIF thread and this one and I can't believe how difficult some boardies are when it comes to claiming and offering things. Practice common sense. If you claim something expensive offer something close to it. You know damn well what "something close to it" is so stop playing games. Can't offer something close to it? Don't claim it then. Want to cry about the notion that this should just be about "giving" and singing cumbaya around a campfire, well here you go then

Amen to that and lol

If I'm reading the rules correct, you can only have one :takeit: in a 30 day period. If so that makes it tougher to take something. Will there be enough interest in this to make people wait 30 days? I have some nice stuff I can offer and would like the ss book being offered, but I would hate to miss a better ss book in a couple of weeks.

You have to factor in the number of SS books being offered is probably going to come up a couple times in a month and while you wait the quick fingers grabbers may eclipse their month and grab the SS you wanted. As long as you see something that interested you I'd grab it and you will be back in the game in a month. I think the new rule to outlaw mystery boxes will keep things moving a lot quicker since people don't like a mystery when they are putting up a comparable book.

So, for some people it's all about how much you can take and not at all what you can give. I see. :facepalm:

I thought the intent was to post up equal or more than you take? People still want a really cool book so they can post up a even cooler book.

Here in lies the dilemma. If this is truly about 'giving' then no one should care about which offer follows, but most do. The rub is that what is valuable varies, to a construction worker barely scraping up enough to put food on the table and still collect, putting up a $50 offer is no small potatoes, while to a lawyer that wouldn't bat an eye at posting a $300 slab, the $50 offer is . Is this thread truly about giving or outdoing the next guy? Both types of people are on this board and legitimately passionate about collecting, but can both coexist in a thread like this without it devolving into base accusation and name calling? Odds are against it.

That's my point, if you have to offer something of similar value to it, then it is not 'giving' is it. I'm not poor, nor rich, I have some good stuff to offer, but if I am truly into giving, I would take great joy from the fact that somebody got something that they may not ever be able to afford on their own, why would I 'expect' that they offer something of similar value (beyond their means) on their own? I am not naive, and I am sure that bottom feeders exist, but I am not so cynical to assume that there are not good-hearted lower middle class (or lower) boardies that could receive the gift of a lifetime (in their eyes) and I kind of like that idea. I have seen every offer here and haven't grabbed any of them. I'm not posting out of self interest, just openly asking if this is truly a 'giving tree' or a 'reciprocating tree', if it is the latter, then the name of the thread should be updated accordingly.

I'm not sure if you watched the PIF thread, but there were NOT people that were the sad case you speak of. There were several that were patiently waiting for great offerings KNOWING they could not (or would not) reciprocate. But it didn't stop them one bit from taking. Then the community got together and tried to fix the issue regarding the taking. Sadly, they had to do something about those people just simply taking so they made the "revert back to the last offer" rule. That unfortunately still did nothing to prevent those takers from joining forces like some warped supervillain team to get what they wanted and cheat the system. It became a sad, pathetic joke and a shell of what it was supposed to be. :sorry:

They never learned. They never tried to change things up. They didn't even hide the fact that they KNEW they were stalling the thread and scoffed about it with each other. That's not the sad case you describe where Johnny Blue Collar gets something he otherwise wouldn't. These are guys playing the system to get something of value and preying off of other's generosity to just run off to eBay with their winnings and sell sell sell. Make no mistake - I WISH we could make this thread like you discussed. But until we can weed out those that prey on the system, the plight of Johnny Blue Collar is hindered.

That's my point, if you have to offer something of similar value to it, then it is not 'giving' is it. I'm not poor, nor rich, I have some good stuff to offer, but if I am truly into giving, I would take great joy from the fact that somebody got something that they may not ever be able to afford on their own, why would I 'expect' that they offer something of similar value (beyond their means) on their own? I am not naive, and I am sure that bottom feeders exist, but I am not so cynical to assume that there are not good-hearted lower middle class (or lower) boardies that could receive the gift of a lifetime (in their eyes) and I kind of like that idea. I have seen every offer here and haven't grabbed any of them. I'm not posting out of self interest, just openly asking if this is truly a 'giving tree' or a 'reciprocating tree', if it is the latter, then the name of the thread should be updated accordingly.

I see what you're saying but what's the alternative? Claim every offer is equal in the spirit of giving and engage in wealth redistribution? Someone just grabbed $200 worth of omnibi-I think if they offered FF #19 in FN condition that would be great even though it's not worth $200-it's still something much desired.

First option is The Dark Knight Strikes Again statue sculpted by William Paquet and designed by Frank Miller. There were 7,500 made. If no interest, I can add other options. I will cover shipping within the US.

image.jpg

image.jpg

and there he is!

Edited by Beige