• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

~~THE~~GIVING~~TREE~~
6 6

7,208 posts in this topic

Let's Keep the Offer Current while I look for another option. (thumbs u

Star Wars 1-3 bagged from the 1970's.

photo IMG_20140703_144138_resized1_zpse8f33de5.jpg

photo IMG_20140703_144206_resized1_zps77e9782e.jpg

Here is what a similar item sold for on the bay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-1-2-3-bag-sold-3-for-99-cents-1977-REPRINT-35-cent-cover-price-/141288566427?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item20e5746e9b

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-Comic-Book-Marvel-Bag-Factory-Sealed-35-Cent-Cover-1-2-3-Rare-A-/181273542288?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item2a34bebe90

Plus some 90's bagged comics to fill up the box!!

All sealed and unopened!!

photo 1ca3496b-71ef-40e1-8eef-3e10622cc5e8_zpsa79b9586.jpg

Star Wars 1-3 reprints

Superman 75 Death of Superman

Adventures of Superman 500 1st new Superboy, 1st Steel

Web of Spider-man 90 1st Spider-man 2099

Spirits of Vengeance 1

X-Cutioner's Song 1-12

Just so we are clear,

the value of that SW pack is

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Marvel-Comics-STAR-WARS-1-2-3-special-packaging-still-sealed-35-cent-issues-/181426886153?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item2a3de29609

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Marvel-Comics-Bronze-Age-Star-Wars-Set-3-packs-1-3-4-6-Sealed-Mint-35-cent-/331243572215?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item4d1fa7cbf7

so maybe $20

plus the rest of the poly bagged 90's books gives a grand total of $22

so, quick and probably incorrect math gives us

cahokie offers $150+ at least

next dude offers $75 or something

last dude $22 or something.

ill probably get in trouble or something and people getting upset "its about the thought" or something.

So why not let the rules work for us. If CAHokie was OK with the next guys offer, then why should anyone else be upset. Same thing with the last offerer...if he isn't bothered, why should anyone else care? If you think this thread is going to keep throwing $150+ slabs or trades around every time, and that disappoints you, then maybe this isn't the thread for you.

then it should combine with the PIF thread. Thats what happened with that thread.

You're right about what happened to that thread.....but it is the focus on value that the people in that thread had that turned it that way, and unfortunately it is happening here too. Maybe there is no way to prevent it...I certainly don't know the answer. Ill defer to wiser folks than me to figure that out.

Who's going to actually take that offer?

a friend will.

+ 1

They can act indignant all they want. We know who the bottom feeders are and how they operate. These same bottom feeders abandoned the PIF thread because all they had left participating were each other. So, now they are here to ruin another great idea. Ask "Big Daddy" how he left his latest offer in the PIF thread expire after 4 days.

I'm with ya youmechooz. I'll take a strike too if it helps expose and get rid of the scammers.

Sheesh...what the hell is going on in here??? Everyone's turning on each other?

Peace,

Chip

I'm with Chip.

Can't we all just get along?!

a friend will.

+ 1

They can act indignant all they want. We know who the bottom feeders are and how they operate. These same bottom feeders abandoned the PIF thread because all they had left participating were each other. So, now they are here to ruin another great idea. Ask "Big Daddy" how he left his latest offer in the PIF thread expire after 4 days.

I'm with ya youmechooz. I'll take a strike too if it helps expose and get rid of the scammers.

I am not saying to not hold the chronic offenders accountable, but Harvey's rules apply strikes to those that get their offers vetoed. Maybe it should be 2 strikes and you are out instead of 3....if someone will do it twice after a warning then my guess is you are just letting them do it a 3rd time, since they probably would.

a friend will.

+ 1

Only difference here is those people won't get anything if their offers are vetoed. Well, they will get strikes and we know what happens after three of those...

a friend will.

+ 1

I am not saying to not hold the chronic offenders accountable, but Harvey's rules apply strikes to those that get their offers vetoed. Maybe it should be 2 strikes and you are out instead of 3....if someone will do it twice after a warning then my guess is you are just letting them do it a 3rd time, since they probably would.

hm Fool me once...

This is so much better than the PIF thread!

:popcorn:

Says the guy offering up the famous Kraven figure as an option on three separate occasions! :D

LINK ;)

I can't remember did my offer get taken? :eyeroll:

Screw it. I guess I'll be the guinea pig for all of it in this thread.

Big daddy, sorry, but your offers have continually stalled the PIF, so I don't think this is shaping up to be any different.

I use my veto.

My offer is back up now. It's not changing. Either somebody else can claim, Hokie can veto, or it can expire. I'm fine with any of those choices at this point.

a friend will.

+ 1

hm Fool me once...

Yeah that's kinda where I was trying to go with that!!

a friend will.

+ 1

Why even give 2 strikes. Either you 'get it' or you don't.

A friend ;) ;) ;) takes this offer and then we're down to an offer of a pack of X-Men trading cards. :facepalm:

Big daddy, sorry, but your offers have continually stalled the PIF, so I don't think this is shaping up to be any different.

I use my veto.

My offer is back up now. It's not changing. Either somebody else can claim, Hokie can veto, or it can expire. I'm fine with any of those choices at this point.

I think your offer was fine. I was also considering the SDCC option. (Thumbs u

a friend will.

+ 1

Why even give 2 strikes. Either you 'get it' or you don't.

A friend ;) ;) ;) takes this offer and then we're down to an offer of a pack of X-Men trading cards. :facepalm:

You may have a point hm The main thing that cant happen is that everyone thinks that each subsequent offer has to be equal or better in value to the one before. I think it is unrealistic to expect that - eventually someone is going to have to offer up an Action #1 if that were the case (someone mentioned this idea earlier - sorry I cant give credit).

I use my veto.

(thumbs u

I use my veto.

(thumbs u

Hey look, the rule worked....for now :devil:

OPTION 1

Choose 6 trades and one Mystery Box (sorry for upside down pics)

x0y1ix.jpg

fxf1b4.jpg

A

giphy.gif

X-men Mystery Box

B

9201b5e35f0c4cee8556203e2c86c381.gif

Wolverine Mystery Box

C

tumblr_mf3rcntVgO1rjffywo1_500.gif

Deadpool Mystery Box

OPTION 2

Uncanny X-men 232 CGC SS 9.8 signed by Claremont and Silvestri

23j4cb4.jpg

OPTION 3

SDCC 2014 Exclusive Grab

For this option you will get to choose an item out of my exclusives from SDCC. Last year I had stuff from Hasbro, Lego, Marvel, Funko... I can try to accommodate a specific request, but no guarantees. This item will obviously ship after comic con.

Because of the weight and size of most of these options, US shipping only on these, except for option 2. I will pay first $20 on that for International.

:bump:

:bump: