• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

~~THE~~GIVING~~TREE~~
6 6

7,208 posts in this topic

Nothing went poof. A group of us simply took care of any prior unnecessary comments that were made so that the thread is not bogged down with nonsense :)

Just read the thread. The seller getting veto power is great. Good idea in general, Harv.

Too bad this thread's been kavved. I'll check back after a bit and see if the trash has been thrown out.

Harvey likes my posts.

You're barking up the wrong tree

More stuff! :grin:

Take it all. (1 of each item) Everything will ship in a Priority Mail box for free to the U.S. only.

Item 1 I can take it out of the slab if this is a problem.

Item 2

Item 3

Item 4

Item 5

Item 6

Have a Happy Holiday, everyone.

:applause: great stuff.

I really would like to take it, but it would be against the rules :(

Just read the thread. The seller getting veto power is great. Good idea in general, Harv.

Too bad this thread's been kavved. I'll check back after a bit and see if the trash has been thrown out.

Harvey likes my posts.

You're barking up the wrong tree

Really.suck Kavs post counts...

I'm sorry I derailed this thread

I think that could just go in your signaturecustom title line.

Mods?

Come on this is a no brainer....

Good luck with the thread, i'm going on a beer and popcorn run now, this will be epic (thumbs u

Several people keep asking what the differences:

-a 3 strike system that can lead to being banned from participation. Now there are consequences to stalling the thread and no one taking your offers.

-if offers are not claimed and a strike given, you can't reuse those offers again

-3 months on the Boards rather than just 50 posts

-the offeror has veto power to reject any :takeit: if they wish

-a cap on the number of claims

-only being allowed to claim something from an individual once a year

I'm very open to suggestions on how to make the thread better. (thumbs u

It seems like a lot to keep track of. I liken it to my daughter. Whenever we play, she suddenly starts adding rules. The game slowly loses the fun it once had.

It is great in theory. I also still don't fully understand what is wrong with PIF though. I check it out from time to time and have never noticed shenanigans, but I don't follow it that closely.

My suggestion would be to limit all discussion in the threads. It gives it the impression that the same people are running it simply because the same people constantly post in the threads.

Again though, we are just adding rules to the game…

Here's my offering...55 Marvel Star Wars comics. Grades run from VG+ to VF/NM. No reprints. Shipping is on me, of course. Hopefully there are some Star Wars fans out there. I remember a lot of these stories fondly. Marvel invented the Expanded Universe, ya know. :)

If you can't make out the numbers I'm happy to provide a list. I'd also be fine with answering grade questions on any specific issue. I'll actually be home all day today working, so no big deal. :)

14571192632_b60d85cfd1_o.jpg

Peace,

Chip

Edited by Chip Cataldo

It seems like a lot to keep track of. I liken it to my daughter. Whenever we play, she suddenly starts adding rules. The game slowly loses the fun it once had.

It is great in theory. I also still don't fully understand what is wrong with PIF though. I check it out from time to time and have never noticed shenanigans, but I don't follow it that closely.

My suggestion would be to limit all discussion in the threads. It gives it the impression that the same people are running it simply because the same people constantly post in the threads.

Again though, we are just adding rules to the game…

Chris, watch the PIF thread closely for a few months and you'll see what's going on. ;):sorry: