• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

~~THE~~GIVING~~TREE~~
6 6

7,208 posts in this topic

Maybe that's it then... :idea:

Giving the offeror the option to decline an :takeit: just like sellers have options not to deal with some people.

Believe me, this is all sad that it needs to be discussed, but I'm just trying to be realistic and honest with what has Ben going on. I don't want to start claiming big ticket things. I'm not the :devil: despite some PIF participants' feelings. I just wanted a thread where generous people here could feel good about being generous and not feel taken advantage of.

That might be it. "Veto power" for the offeror. :whee:

So person A offers something and person B takes it.. Person A has the veto power to say person B's offer is no good?

That's it in the shell of a nut

Giving the offeror the option to decline an :takeit: just like sellers have options not to deal with some people.

Believe me, this is all sad that it needs to be discussed, but I'm just trying to be realistic and honest with what has Ben going on. I don't want to start claiming big ticket things. I'm not the :devil: despite some PIF participants' feelings. I just wanted a thread where generous people here could feel good about being generous and not feel taken advantage of.

I like both ideas, giving the offeror veto power and giving the community veto vote. Not sure which I prefer.

Giving the offeror veto power could go wrong when someone offers up something that is actually good and they just don't realize it. There's probably a ton of stuff someone could offer that I know nothing about and I might think it's a turd. That's probably not a huge concern but it could happen.

Giving the community veto votes could turn into a popularity contest, but it might also be more fair if the number of vetos required is enough that the sample size would yield an unbiased vote on the quality of the subsequent offer.

I'd support either idea.

effing computer took a dump on me. Tip to everyone.... Don't stream 14 episodes of Stargate Atlantis to your computer over the course of several days without ever clearing the cache. Took me 25 minutes just to run a sweep with CCleaner.

Ok, I'm going to start making the post now. It will be a primitive post, but it's quicker for me this way.

I like both ideas, giving the offeror veto power and giving the community veto vote. Not sure which I prefer.

Giving the offeror veto power could go wrong when someone offers up something that is actually good and they just don't realize it. There's probably a ton of stuff someone could offer that I know nothing about and I might think it's a turd. That's probably not a huge concern but it could happen.

Giving the community veto votes could turn into a popularity contest, but it might also be more fair if the number of vetos required is enough that the sample size would yield an unbiased vote on the quality of the subsequent offer.

I'd support either idea.

I think some "offerings" are pretty obvious. I just want people who might offer something to feel good about where it's going, not offer something generous to just see it listed on eBay a week later. :facepalm:

I'd support either idea.

I think some "offerings" are pretty obvious. I just want people who might offer something to feel good about where it's going, not offer something generous to just see it listed on eBay a week later. :facepalm:

Your PIF offer being up on ebay a week later... yeah I've already been there, thanks OceanAveKid.

Multiple active offers (with a reasonable limit? 2? 3?) could help keep this one going as well. While once person's junk lingers for three days, the thread can remain active.

Can everyone cut the mess with the :slapfight:

Let's try to hash out this thread and see if we can get it off the ground. If not, back to PIF. :sorry:

My apologies Swick

Let's try to hash out this thread and see if we can get it off the ground. If not, back to PIF. :sorry:

My apologies Swick

(thumbs u

The thread is supposed to be positive. :D

Let's hash out the rules as it goes.

My apologies Swick

+1 sorry bud