• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fiction house anyone?
26 26

9,701 posts in this topic

Yeahh! I sure am glad I called on you FD. You came through with flying colors. It was nice to see the late run horror issues.

I don't mean to be silly but the one in your 8000th post has quite a bit of a rip on the lower left hand corner. What do you think it'll grade at since you want to get it slabbed?

Let me put another one up

800705-JumboComics157s.jpg

800705-JumboComics157s.jpg.573b794fff7b65ec350b7037e7887b48.jpg

Great Planet! More Planet folks, please.

Jef, could you answer a question for me? My eyes are failing me but does it seem that their beaming eyes are natural / organic or does it seem they have mechanical implants? Couldn't clearly see from the scan. Thanks.

Looks like mechanical implants to me. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

800374-Planet_10s.jpg

Are these organic or silicon?

800777-jungle150.jpg

800777-jungle150.jpg.6b5afa66751f8b26caf3e070bf167ef9.jpg

Edited by adamstrange

Jef, could you answer a question for me? My eyes are failing me but does it seem that their beaming eyes are natural / organic or does it seem they have mechanical implants? Couldn't clearly see from the scan. Thanks.

800374-Planet_10s.jpg

Are these organic or silicon?

800777-jungle150.jpg

confused.gif

The very tough to find last issue of Jumbo, when they went jungle horror. This is the only one I've ever seen.

Yeesh, FD! That is the first time I have seen that Jumbo. It is killer! One of those books that make one think of the book first and grade later. MAN I want one! Maybe SD?

Last issue.

800803-Jungle163.jpg

Adam, I tend to not often quote full scans but the parallells between these two are noteworthy. This is one of my all-time favorite Jungle covers.

jungle143.jpg

I think the similarities are "remarkable", in the classic sense of the word.

While I love this cover I was a bit disappointed with the grade. Looks decent in the scan and was sold to me as NM, but up close it's F/VF with resto frown.gif There's a tear seal (definitely amature) that is beyond obvious. You would think a major dealer would notice something like that... Anyway... still pretty to look at and it's by Bob Lubbers.

w77.jpg

Last issue.

800803-Jungle163.jpg

Adam, I tend to not often quote full scans but the parallells between these two are noteworthy. This is one of my all-time favorite Jungle covers.

jungle143.jpg

Nice catch! There's probably a few more, Pov. Both of these are by Maurice Whitman and for the last couple years of Fiction House he drew almost all the covers. At some point, even the best of artists is goint to repeat.

800374-Planet_10s.jpg

But that's the only one with the side view. On the other guys, they don't look like implants (look at the guy to the left threatening the woman, or the guy who's about to be thrown. They don't look like goggles or implants. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Planet10closeup.jpg

Last issue.

800803-Jungle163.jpg

jungle143.jpg

I'll raise you one (scan courtesy of the GCD). No feline but same poses.

800882-Jungle147s.jpg

800882-Jungle147s.jpg.32d9da3f0b6e2820748d93155cced8c1.jpg