• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

This place is starting to have more technicalities than in a Los Angeles Courthouse.

KISS has long been abandoned.

9k2b1.jpg

Baba if that is true, then what is the point of 3©? If you are automatically added to the PL after 72 hours has passed then what is the point of having a rule allowing you to post your rebuttal. The only way you would then be able to come off is under rules 4(a) or (b). To me, 3© resets the system and puts the nomination back into play.
See this is where getting too literal with these guidelines doesn't work.

ALL of 3 is about how people are added; 3 c) in my mind IS a continuation of 3 a) - it guides those PL members nominated in absentia.

Rule 3 c), to me, reinforces that people who weren't present to defend their side of it should be given a fair audience in the thread, we tend to treat people like mess when they are on these lists.

Example: The recent Tibex removal proves that good people can get added when life gets in the way & they aren't present. If Tibex had started a sales thread without working things out in the PL....some people would likely give him the (tsk):eyeroll::facepalm: or even :makepoint:

3 c) doesn't reset anything it is the next step for person added by 3 a)

Only 3 b) & 3 c) ARE available to respond in the thread; b is going on, c is already on - that's the distinction

There is no inevitability as it relates to someone being nominated going on 72 hours later - the marketplace rules are "take care of your business, communicate, use common sense, be ethical etc..." - the PL decision is public debate, (un)popularity contest or lord of the flies - take your pick.

These rules are procedural guidelines, they don't tell us what is right & wrong.

This place is starting to have more technicalities than in a Los Angeles Courthouse.

KISS has long been abandoned.

9k2b1.jpg

9k3eh.jpg

Sold ZombieDealer 1slab and several walking dead books on 5/7 he got the books and was completely happy with the transaction.

his message o n 5/27

On May 27, 2014, at 6:21 AM, Recon Recon wrote:

Hey, I just got the books and no customs fees paid! Everything looks perfect, thanks. I'll let you know if I need other comics, at the moment I'm not interested in comixiology 9.8.

my response

Excellent glad u r happy with it. Going to send u a link to my cgc forum feedback page please leave feedback for the sale. I'm going to message ur forum email. Going to b listing the rest of my walking dead books on the forum very soon

Thnks

Matt

Sent from my iPhone

He left positive feedback as did I.

Then a week later he contacts me and wants to buy more walking dead books.

they were sold and shipped. International first class and the first was sent priority. Like he paid.

Then after I send his 2nd batch out he told me to send him $4 dollars after I told him the shipping was $35 and change. told him no It went to packing supplies. never had any stipulation on send any money back. Now he is asking for $30 dollars back for the first shipping? Why would he contact me to buy more if I ripped him off on the prior transaction. Yes I have him on ignore he has been sending all sorts of messages to email and left a bunch of stuff on my kudos. Iv bought and sold on here and ebay without issues. I did just start ripping people off last month when I sold to Zombiedealer. I also did send him an insulting message on my personal email after I started getting them. another reason he is on ignore.

Never placed anyone on this list, but I am nominating ChrisWalken.

He has made clear he has no intentions of paying for books he purchased from my selling thread about a month ago.

I would have let this go entirely even after he had told me had no intent to pay me (citing other bills), but, he purchased additional comics just a few days ago from another buyer. The amount was close to the amount he owed me.

I just confirmed that he did pay the other seller.

Edited by Fastballspecial

I did just start ripping people off last month when I sold to Zombiedealer.

I'll assume this was a typo...

I also did send him an insulting message on my personal email after I started getting them. another reason he is on ignore.

Insulting someone doesn't normally lead to quick dispute resolutions. If he was insulting you then you should have let him dig that hole and when he nominated you for the PL his case would have garnered little support, in all likelihood.

Sold ZombieDealer 1slab and several walking dead books on 5/7 he got the books and was completely happy with the transaction.

his message o n 5/27

On May 27, 2014, at 6:21 AM, Recon Recon wrote:

Hey, I just got the books and no customs fees paid! Everything looks perfect, thanks. I'll let you know if I need other comics, at the moment I'm not interested in comixiology 9.8.

my response

Excellent glad u r happy with it. Going to send u a link to my cgc forum feedback page please leave feedback for the sale. I'm going to message ur forum email. Going to b listing the rest of my walking dead books on the forum very soon

Thnks

Matt

Sent from my iPhone

He left positive feedback as did I.

Then a week later he contacts me and wants to buy more walking dead books.

they were sold and shipped. International first class and the first was sent priority. Like he paid.

Then after I send his 2nd batch out he told me to send him $4 dollars after I told him the shipping was $35 and change. told him no It went to packing supplies. never had any stipulation on send any money back. Now he is asking for $30 dollars back for the first shipping? Why would he contact me to buy more if I ripped him off on the prior transaction. Yes I have him on ignore he has been sending all sorts of messages to email and left a bunch of stuff on my kudos. Iv bought and sold on here and ebay without issues. I did just start ripping people off last month when I sold to Zombiedealer. I also did send him an insulting message on my personal email after I started getting them. another reason he is on ignore.

I bought from you again because, as you can see on my first post, you said you had lost your job, probably for the purpose of not making me ask you for a shipping refund. After you ripped me off on the second shipping too I asked for a $4 refund which you didn't want to give. Then I checked your status on the forums and saw you had bought a bunch of comics. If you have money for the comics you can refund me.

In a nutshell: I paid for priority + insurance first time paying $50, you shipped first class and paid $26. I paid for priority second time paying $39, you shipped first class and you're also claiming you paid $35. At the moment I should have a $28 refund. When the second package arrives I'll ask for another refund of the difference between $35 and the real price if there is any.

THE FIRST WASN'T SENT PRIORITY AS YOU SAY! HERE IS THE PROOF: https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction.action?tRef=fullpage&tLc=1&tLabels=LC938608577US

It clearly says first class, so stop lying to everybody and send me a $28 refund, then we'll talk about the next refund I should get if needed.

I didn't insult you, ever. This was the conversation:

sslim:

your not getting ANY REFUND YOU AGREED TO THE PRICE . YOU GOT WHAT YOU PAID FOR

Me: It was 59$ for shipping with insurance, you shipped first class no insurance and paid $26 using an old package. Stop making excuses and send me the refund. You can't fool people like this.

I need 30$ for this transaction, then I'll check the price you paid for shipping for the last transaction and will ask a redund for it too if needed.

Thanks

( Here I was wrong because the price for shipping was $50. The first time we talked he asked for $59 though)

sslim:

No I didn't got the post info. You agreed to the deals life with it. I'm tired of your demands

Me

You like stealing money and fooling people? You're just pathetic

( I wrote this after he had already started leaving the PM conversation and ignoring me on the boards. How can he say he's tired of my demans if he stole more than $26?

sslim: Nothing was stole child. Put ya a little olive oil on it and stick it up your

Mestarting to insult because you have no arguments huh? Send me those $30 back.

Thanks

And here are a bunch of pics of our PMs:

http://postimg.org/gallery/3sfp3f3a/

You can judge how sslim and I behaved. I was calm and tried to explain why I should have had the refund, while he made some excuses, left the topics, ignored me and insulted me privately.

When I ship stuff I never ask for gas, bubble wrap etc... I only ask the post's shipping price. Is it $26? I'll ask $26. The box and the bubble wrap can be reused when you get a package, which is what you did since your package came from a canadian man you bought from.

He has made clear he has no intentions of paying for books he purchased from my selling thread about a month ago.

I would have let this go entirely even after he had told me had no intent to pay me (citing other bills), but, he purchased additional comics just a few days ago from another buyer. The amount was close to the amount he owed me. I just confirmed that he did pay the other seller.

I feel like I JUST saw a "redeeming my reputation" thread from him a couple of months ago?! :facepalm:

Send him a PM with the link. (thumbs u

Man, what is going on with the sales threads these days?! (shrug)

I would have let this go entirely even after he had told me had no intent to pay me (citing other bills), but, he purchased additional comics just a few days ago from another buyer. The amount was close to the amount he owed me. I just confirmed that he did pay the other seller.

I feel like I JUST saw a "redeeming my reputation" thread from him a couple of months ago?! :facepalm:

Send him a PM with the link. (thumbs u

Man, what is going on with the sales threads these days?! (shrug)

Only thing I can come up with is that no more sweet mystery boxes to buy have driven buyers and sellers crazy (shrug)

lol

Regarding ZombieDealer and sslim66:

IMO, I don't see this as a PL matter. I've seen other sellers overcharge for shipping and pocket the extra money as profit and get blasted publicly buy the buyer. It happens. (shrug) I think it's a practice to engage in, but it is what it is. The books arrived to you safely - if they didn't, I think he'd be on the hook for a refund and a PL nomination. But they got you safely and he unwisely assumed all of the risk if they didn't. This reminds me of a situation that we just had brought up about a month or is ago with a seller charging for shipping in a box and the shipping in a cheap mailer. In that instance the book WAS damaged. I think for the future - just don't do business with his guy. If people see enough of him ripping off others on shipping charges, they might not do business with him. I'm :sorry:this happened. Again, I'd be pissed off as well. I just don't see it as a PL add. Some words of advice - sslim66 SHOULD refund the additional money he charged for shipping to clear his name. Again, potential buyers ARE watching :popcorn: . Just sayin'. But IMO - not PL. Just my 2c

I said the comics of the first shipping were great. His comics are in great condition and I'd suggest to buy from him IF you check the shipping price yourself first. He got $28+ extra money from me. The second time I did it: I had received a few books paying $39 for priority, so I asked him to do the same price, but he shipped first class and paid at least $4 less.

If it was something like $2 and if he shipped with the method I was telling him to ship I wouldn't have said anything. The problem is that I paid first time for priority + insurance and he shipped first class no insurance ( without saying anything) ( https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction.action?tRef=fullpage&tLc=1&tLabels=LC938608577US)

The second time I asked for priority and he shipped first class again.

I am new to the boards, so I didn't know what to do after he started removing himself from our PM conversations without leaving an answer. I wrote on his Kudos thread that he sells real stuff but makes extra money over shipping. He answered on both my and his kudos thread with his version of the story, which was false, since he shipped both times first class making $28+ extra because I paid for priority + insurance first time and priority second time.

The messages on our kudos thread were removed by a moderator.

Just don't buy from him the future. You brought it to public attention so (thumbs u

If he doesn't do the right thing and refund you, maybe his customer base will dry up pretty fast and his kudos thread won't matter. ;)

And WTTB! :foryou: I just gave my opinion. I've been wrong before. :grin: Let's see what others think. :popcorn:

I said the comics of the first shipping were great. His comics are in great condition and I'd suggest to buy from him IF you check the shipping price yourself first. He got $28+ extra money from me. The second time I did it: I had received a few books paying $39 for priority, so I asked him to do the same price, but he shipped first class and paid at least $4 less.

If it was something like $2 and if he shipped with the method I was telling him to ship I wouldn't have said anything. The problem is that I paid first time for priority + insurance and he shipped first class no insurance ( without saying anything) ( https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction.action?tRef=fullpage&tLc=1&tLabels=LC938608577US)

The second time I asked for priority and he shipped first class again.

I am new to the boards, so I didn't know what to do after he started removing himself from our PM conversations without leaving an answer. I wrote on his Kudos thread that he sells real stuff but makes extra money over shipping. He answered on both my and his kudos thread with his version of the story, which was false, since he shipped both times first class making $28+ extra because I paid for priority + insurance first time and priority second time.

The messages on our kudos thread were removed by a moderator.

I can understand a $5 overcharge or something around there but nearly $30 is a total rip off and I would be annoyed too. Was it $30 total or an extra $30 both times? Either way, seems wrong.

This is not a good introduction for this new member to buying on these boards, especially one who seems to actually PAY for his purchases (thumbs u

IMHO, I think the seller should refund the difference, despite the fact that the buyer agreed to it. I am sure that the buyer thought the price he was charged for shipping was the ACTUAL cost.

I wonder, had the buyer known what the REAL ship cost was vs what he was being charged for "shipping handling and supplies" doh! , he may have either a) had the opportunity to negotiate on price/shipping or b) maybe not have even bought from the seller. The seller, if what the buyer is saying is accurate there could be a case that the buyer has been deceived as the books were NOT shipped in the manner in which he was specified and paid for as part of their sales agreement? How is that not deceitful? I don't know, it seems shady and a violation of the sales agreement and maybe should be PL worthy? (shrug)

My 2c is that the seller is wrong here and should refund the difference. Again, it boils down to what is your reputation worth?

Edited by Wall-Crawler

Just don't buy from him the future. You brought it to public attention so (thumbs u

If he doesn't do the right thing and refund you, maybe his customer base will dry up pretty fast and his kudos thread won't matter. ;)

And WTTB! :foryou: I just gave my opinion. I've been wrong before. :grin: Let's see what others think. :popcorn:

I won't buy from him again, but the problem is that he doesn't want to refund me and I've lost $30.