• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Shouldn't a simple..."I am sorry but I didn't close the thread, THREE years ago. The book isn't available", be enough?

It's common sense.

Does that apply to 3 hour old threads as well?

Now you're being hostile. Of course not.

But there should be an automatic rule that states if the thread has been inactive for 45 days, then the thread is automatically closed.

I seriously think this has now officially been beaten to a slow and painful death.

The easiest answer is just to ask the community to vote on whether or not the 'kid needs a second chance or not.

Hello guys! I'm writing this post because I had a problem with an user named sslim66

We had two transactions. I was the buyer, he was the seller.

The first one included 3 books for $380 + shipping. I asked for a priority mail international with insurance shipping to Europe. He agreed and told me shipping cost $50, then I paid and he sent the books.

However, he did not sent the books via Priority and did not put insurance. He also declared a $45 value. Luckily I got the package and everything was fine but one thing: the shipping cost $26 instead of $50. Also, the box he sent me was a box he had received from another guy, so he didn't have to pay for buying it. When I was about to ask him for a refund of the difference between $50 and $26 he told me he had lost his job, so if I wanted to purchase some more books I'd have been welcome.

I purchased a few other books from him because I thought he needed money and asked again for a priority shipping. I didn't want to pay $50 and be fooled again, so I told him the shipping with priority should have cost around $39 because I got some other books shipped via Priority for $39. He said it was ok, so I paid and he shipped a few days later. He said he shipped first class for $35, and at that moment I got a little bit angry, since it was the second time he didn't ship with the method I told him to ship. I asked for a $4 refund, but he said it was for gas + box. Then I told him that he made me pay $50 instead of $26 for the first transaction's shipping, but he just ignored me and left the conversation.

I haven't received the last package yet.

I'm asking for a $24 refund for the first transaction + some dollars refunding the difference between the cost of the last transaction's shipping and what I paid, which is surely at least 4$, since I paid $39 and he said the shipping cost $35.

I asked for the posts receipt of the last shipping, but he hasn't answered yet.

Here is some pics which prove that I'm saying the truth:

First transaction:

http://postimg.org/image/4lxko4cnp/

http://postimg.org/image/4bq24ry1h/

http://postimg.org/image/t7jhs9kph/ ( Removed a part of his address and his surname)

http://postimg.org/image/omxbdc105/ ( In this one he says he had lost his job... Which is hard to believe because he's still buying comics)

Tracking of the package ( It clearly says First Class)

Second transaction:

http://postimg.org/image/ucdjxn76d/

http://postimg.org/image/4uv5e1pg5/

http://postimg.org/image/hnj9dz11x/

Tracking of the package ( It clearly says first class)

I wrote a post on his kudos thread saying he had fooled me. He wrote some bad posts as well on my kudos thread and his one, which I answered to. Then we started talking privately and he also started insulting me: http://postimg.org/image/ox4twofmd/

Then I told Architecht about what happened and he suggested me to write on this thread and deleted my and slim66's kudos threads.

I'd like to get my money back, but if this won't be possible at least I have told the board what he's done and maybe you can do something for stopping him fooling and insulting people again.

EDIT: Second package arrived. As expected, the user paid just $29,70 http://postimg.org/image/aqznf1yc5/

The books were perfect luckily.

I paid $39 and he told me he had paid $35, taking $4 for the box and bubble wrap. Also, the box was an used one which was used by a comic store to send some comics to him.

Now I should receive a $24 refund for the first shipping and $9,30 refund for the second one. The total refund should be $33,30, but I'm sure the seller won't send me those money back, unluckily... Thanks for putting him in the PL list, at least he won't fool people again.

Edited by ZombieDealer

I wrote a post on his kudos thread saying he had fooled me. He wrote some bad posts as well on my kudos thread and his one, which I answered to. Then we started talking privately and he also started insulting me: http://postimg.org/image/ox4twofmd/

:o

32131132.png

I seriously think this has now officially been beaten to a slow and painful death.

The easiest answer is just to ask the community to vote on whether or not the 'kid needs a second chance or not.

I thought we were going to give more time for jawn and oceanavekid to try to work out something before a poll was thrown out there? (shrug)

There are many people who are saying "this was a rush job and there should have been more discussion. :sumo: "

Can we at least try to learn from that argument and not rush to the opposite conclusion and removing oceanavekid before everything has been fleshed out. :wishluck:

One one additional thing - there is a lot of talk about oceanavekid's addition having a watering down affect on the list. This is NOT the case. If he was on the HOS, I'd agree 100% with that argument. I was a big opponent of the " :preach: add him to the HOS"

HOS - behavior based. Concerns regarding recidivism.

PL - transaction based. One time transaction that should be easily fixed.

oceanavekid's place on the Probation List does NOT have a watering down affect on the list.

I thought we were going to give more time for jawn and oceanavekid to try to work out something before a poll was thrown out there? (shrug)

There are many people who are saying "this was a rush job and there should have been more discussion. :sumo: "

Can we at least try to learn from that argument and not rush to the opposite conclusion and removing oceanavekid before everything has been fleshed out. :wishluck:

One one additional thing - there is a lot of talk about oceanavekid's addition having a watering down affect on the list. This is NOT the case. If he was on the HOS, I'd agree 100% with that argument. I was a big opponent of the " :preach: add him to the HOS"

oceanavekid's place on the Probation List does NOT have a watering down affect on the list.

Hey, we are moving on past that now. We are now discussing the use of olive oil and its effects on a comic book when inserting it into places it does not belong. Would that show up as comments on a label? hm

:o

32131132.png

:facepalm:

Seller blocked. What a dink.

Good luck to ZombieDealer. Get what you pay for or get a refund for it.

Shouldn't a simple..."I am sorry but I didn't close the thread, THREE years ago. The book isn't available", be enough?

It's common sense.

Does that apply to 3 hour old threads as well?

Now you're being hostile. Of course not.

But there should be an automatic rule that states if the thread has been inactive for 45 days, then the thread is automatically closed.

lol

I'm being hostile? We were talking about a 5 day old thread and you posted about a 3 yo thread. Your definition of hostile is out to lunch.

Who is the "we" you are referring to?

And how much discussion is enough?

I think all the "facts" that we are going to get are in here already. Whether oceanavekid and jawn work out their personal differences is up to them. As Rupp had mentioned, the discussion has been beaten to death and pretty much all I see is the same people saying the same things over and over again. I don't see anyone changing their mind or making new or fresh arguments. Jawn has stated his stance in here (again) and oceanavekid has done the same (again). I'm interested in how many people are for and against...so I started the poll. You are free to keep discussing it if you want.

No poll required yet. (thumbs u

Who is the "we" you are referring to?

And how much discussion is enough?

I think all the "facts" that we are going to get are in here already. Whether oceanavekid and jawn work out their personal differences is up to them. As Rupp had mentioned, the discussion has been beaten to death and pretty much all I see is the same people saying the same things over and over again. I don't see anyone changing their mind or making new or fresh arguments. Jawn has stated his stance in here (again) and oceanavekid has done the same (again). I'm interested in how many people are for and against...so I started the poll.

So long as nobody expects the results to affect the list. :)

No poll required yet. (thumbs u

Yes there was. You don't control things in here. (thumbs u