• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

If he committed to buy them in the messages I consider that the same as :takeit: so wouldn't that be PL worthy? I always like to give people the benefit of the doubt that it is a mistake, but usually it is what it appears to be.

Yep, we'd get a batch together, negotiate, he said :takeit: and then move on to see what else we could add in to the shipment. Again, I'll feel horrible if something happened to the guy but if he was/is a fly-by-nighter, people may want to be wary of dealing with him should he ever pop up again. 2c

If you want to nominate:1) Go to your PMs.

2) Copy paste them here.

3) Send a separate PM you are nominating for Probation List.

4) Wait 3 days for reply.

5) If no satisfactory reply then nominate for PL.

(thumbs u

Sorry guys, never nominated anyone to PL before, wanted to make sure I was doing it right.

The PM exchange is lengthy as we talked comics a bit too...Guy seemed decent enough too, which is why I was willing to drag it out and get the guy some more books....Sigh...Here are a few of his replies.

03/01/14:

"So far I'll take The Thing , ASM 334-343 , The C&D if your throwing it in for free then why not lol, SS 90. How much for Hawkeye since they aren't in the shape you thought?

"If you can do any better on some of the ASM I may take some of those also. Feel free to offer anything else".

03/02/14: "I try and $7 is cool" (this was for a copy of Spectacular Spider-Man #64)

04/09/14:

"I'm heading to work shortly. I'll pay you tomorrow if you'd like unless you can think of any others you want rid of at a good price :)"

It is at this point I said ok, final list of some books we had talked about based on his want list that is pretty much when communication from him stopped.

I sent a PM yesterday advising of my intent to nominate mjc71 to the PL.

Edited by Wall-Crawler

If he committed to buy them in the messages I consider that the same as :takeit: so wouldn't that be PL worthy? I always like to give people the benefit of the doubt that it is a mistake, but usually it is what it appears to be.

Yep, we'd get a batch together, negotiate, he said :takeit: and then move on to see what else we could add in to the shipment. Again, I'll feel horrible if something happened to the guy but if he was/is a fly-by-nighter, people may want to be wary of dealing with him should he ever pop up again. 2c

If you want to nominate:1) Go to your PMs.

2) Copy paste them here.

3) Send a separate PM you are nominating for Probation List.

4) Wait 3 days for reply.

5) If no satisfactory reply then nominate for PL.

(thumbs u

Sorry guys, never nominated anyone to PL before, wanted to make sure I was doing it right.

The PM exchange is lengthy as we talked comics a bit too...Guy seemed decent enough too, which is why I was willing to drag it out and get the guy some more books....Sigh...Here are a few of his replies.

03/01/14:

"So far I'll take The Thing , ASM 334-343 , The C&D if your throwing it in for free then why not lol, SS 90. How much for Hawkeye since they aren't in the shape you thought?

"If you can do any better on some of the ASM I may take some of those also. Feel free to offer anything else".

03/02/14: "I try and $7 is cool" (this was for a copy of Spectacular Spider-Man #64)

04/09/14:

"I'm heading to work shortly. I'll pay you tomorrow if you'd like unless you can think of any others you want rid of at a good price :)"

It is at this point I said ok, final list of some books we had talked about based on his want list that is pretty much when communication from him stopped.

I sent a PM yesterday advising of my intent to nominate mjc71 to the PL.

Based on this he committed to the purchase. No doubt there.

After reading a bit in the General Discussion area, did ocean really get put on the PL due to a week-old BIN on a book the buyer was told was no longer available?

Believe me, I think ocean is a real spoon for his cross-listing and general demeanor, but if this is true, then the PL is next to useless, as it can be manipulated at will.

After reading a bit in the General Discussion area, did ocean really get put on the PL due to a week-old BIN on a book the buyer was told was no longer available?

Believe me, I think ocean is a real spoon for his cross-listing and general demeanor, but if this is true, then the PL is next to useless, as it can be manipulated at will.

Yea, Somehow that one slipped through without being vetted properly. Not saying Ocean shouldn't be on the PL, but not for this instance.

Edited by faster friends

You guys do realize there were several pages of discussion on the matter before he was added, right? :P

And who decides who is on the PL and who is not? :popcorn:

Don't know either of the guys involved and don't think I've done business with either of them. However, the buyer was told in PM by the seller that he was holding on to the book. A book that was in a sales thread that hadn't had any activity in about 8 days. The buyer then pulled the douch move of posting a take it in the thread to force the sale. Regardless of what type of a person the seller is, he shouldn't be in the PL for this one.

I'm with Joe, this makes the PL a joke.

You guys do realize there were several pages of discussion on the matter before he was added, right? :P

Don't know either of the guys involved and don't think I've done business with either of them. However, the buyer was told in PM by the seller that he was holding on to the book. A book that was in a sales thread that hadn't had any activity in about 8 days. The buyer then pulled the douch move of posting a take it in the thread to force the sale. Regardless of what type of a person the seller is, he shouldn't be in the PL for this one.

No he was not told that. Read the PM. Ocean said things like - I think I'll hold onto it - or - I might just hold onto it.

No he was not told that. Read the PM. Ocean said things like - I think I'll hold onto it - or - I might just hold onto it.

But which one of these makes more sense?

Think I'm just going to hold on to it Thanks tho = Seller is holding onto the book

or

Think I'm just going to hold on to it Thanks tho = The book is still for sale

But which one of these makes more sense?

Think I'm just going to hold on to it Thanks tho = Seller is holding onto the book

or

Think I'm just going to hold on to it Thanks tho = The book is still for sale

I agree, and the fact that the 'buyer' THEN saw the same book listed for more on EBAY after that would absolutely NOT make me think it was still for sale in the thread at the lower price.

I believe the :takeit: was posted before it was listed on ebay.

I also think the most likely scenario is - I think I'll hold onto it - offer me more money ;)

At the very least the seller left it open to interpretation.

I also think the most likely scenario is - I think I'll hold onto it - offer me more money ;)

He could have... but negotiation hadn't began the first time jawn PM'd oceanavekid. No offer was made on the book until AFTER the 'kid stated he wanted to keep it.

Jawn's first PM was a question about whether the book was a direct sale or a newsstand edition. Oceanavekid answered that PM with a "think I will hold on to it". No offer had been made to the seller when the seller first stated he was keeping the book.

I guess some might say that perhaps the 'kid stating he was going to keep the book... just made jawn want the book more (shrug);)

Its still a great debate ! ;)

Here's another one for you... not the same situation, but similar in possible outcomes...

How would one boardie over another handle this statement... ?

Thread closed but unsold books still available :baiting:

And this is no jab at peterpark... its just and example with wording that looks clear as a bell to me, but could be interpreted so many different ways by others.

Here is what some could say...

"The unsold books are still available at the price listed! Why? Because there are prices listed! "

"What?!? .... If they are sold already... then why the heck didn't you come back here and close the thread again or at least say that "x" book was sold? That's false advertising if you put them on ebay !"

The debate continues.... hm

I think I read the book was uploaded to eBay at 10pm and the :takeit: was posted at 4am the next morning.

Has anyone PM'd Jawn and asked him if he even cares about the nomination at this point?

I know the Kid has done nothing in anyone's eyes to try and get himself off the PL, but the nomination itself seemed like something that should have been discussed more to begin with.

Has anyone PM'd Jawn and asked him if he even cares about the nomination at this point?

I know the Kid has done nothing in anyone's eyes to try and get himself off the PL, but the nomination itself seemed like something that should have been discussed more to begin with.

I did this afternoon. It hasn't been read yet.

It was discussed for quite awhile at the time.

04/09/14 - oceanavekid starts a sales thread.

04/20/14 - Only one book left

04/20/14 - Adds books to the thread.

04/22/14 - "If they don't sell in the next few days i'll close this down and list on the bay."

04/24/14 - Adds NEW books to the thread. "Should have the books in hand next week."

--STAGNANT PERIOD--

04/30/14 6:49PM - Open thread: jawn inquires about one book.

oceanavekid: "Probably going to hold onto it until I'm able to take pictures." --> Seems he doesn't have the book in hand yet from CGC. And the thread is STILL open. No indication that he is not going to sell the books. He already indicated he will sell the books pending scans as he doesn't have the books back from CGC.

jawn: attempts to negotiate the price.

oceanavekid: Price isn't negotiable. It might be priced low. Think I'm going to hold onto it. --> Side question: Are the OTHER books still for sale? (shrug)

05/01/14 2:31AM: oceanavekid still awake posting. Thread still open.

05/01/14 4:14AM: jawn takes the book at oceanavekid's asking price.

I guess this is one of those agree to disagree things. :P:sorry:

:bump:

The ebay listing seems like an important piece of information and I thought it was listed after Jawn posted he would take it.