• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Doctor Strange Movie Thread

1,320 posts in this topic

It looks like Marvel has found a director for the Doctor Strange movie:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=53213

I'm not sure how to feel about the news. Doctor Strange hasn't carried a consistent comic in a while. When was the last time? I think it'd be cool to see him in a Netflix show instead.

I like the character though and I'd check it out.

Edited by Official Chris S.

It looks like Marvel has found a director for the Doctor Strange movie:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=53213

I'm not sure how to feel about the news. Doctor Strange hasn't carried a consistent comic in a while. When was the last time? I think it'd be cool to see him in a Netflix show instead.

I like the character though and I'd check it out.

I wouldn't worry about if Doctor Strange hasn`t carried a consistent comic for a long time, that kind of thinking is now irrelevant when it comes to mainstream and Hollywood.

Hollywood doesn`t care if Doctor Strange sells 28,000 copies a month to a niche audience, as they focus more on taking intellectual properties to a global audience to make money. Case in point was Blade. If Blade could have three pictures, so could Doctor Strange. (thumbs u

Ethan Hawke

Joseph Fiennes

Jon Hamm

Depp would be the best, but costs a LOT

I could actually see Brad Pitt nailing the character, but there is no way he would take a role like that

Edited by BizarroChuck

The choice has more to do with Marvel selling its flagship properties to Fox (X-Men, FF) and Sony (Spidey) to avoid bankruptcy. Now they are left to work with what remains. Although, I wouldn't count them out no matter which IP they put on the screen, if you told me 10 years ago that they would develop the Avengers and surrounding characters into the cinematic powerhouses and interwoven universe they have created today, I would not have believed it. They have done a masterful job, and earned my price of admission until they prove otherwise.

Mabye. Keanu is another one. But, my first choice would be cumberbatch.

Oh, the guy from BBC's Sherlock. I had to look that one up. Benedict Cumberbatch sounds like a gag name like Rusty Shackleford or Robert Paulson.

Mabye. Keanu is another one. But, my first choice would be cumberbatch.

Anybody would better than keanu

Really? :grin:

Marvel eyeing Jared Leto for the role.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/06/03/rumour-marvel-quite-like-the-idea-of-jared-leto-as-doctor-strange/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

This is one movie that doesn't need a romance angle

Keep it strange

Dont go Hellboy on the effects