• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I'm starting to feel played.......again. GoT should not be claiming a PayPal refund for this. The way this is going my gut tells me he is going to be on the probation list.

I read this through, and I'm not looking to reopen what looks like a closing wound, but I have to ask why did the seller not simply refund him his money in the first instance? That is the usual way to solve unhappy customers and avoid drama, yes? (shrug)

It doesn't work for a mystery box type of sale. (shrug)

In other sales offering a refund would be the way to go and what I personally do.

This should act as a warning for those who buy mystery boxes.

The sellers of mystery boxes are trying to unload bulk in a cost effective manner. Individually the books might be worth a few bucks each bringing the overall value well above the price they are being offered at, but really they are just a large quantity of mediocre books being sold quickly.

The buyer under the allure of buying something valued well above the price they would purchase the mystery box for believes that they are getting a bargain. They have no power to control the contents and shouldn't assume that they will be satisfied even if the overall value is higher than the purchase price.

The problem is compounded when the seller offers 1 uber prize to randomly be inserted into one of the boxes. In reality the relatively high probability of having the prize in your box acts as a further enticement.

Don't buy a mystery box and then be surprised when you're unhappy with the outcome. It's like ordering a random meal at a restaurant, that's guaranteed to be expensive. How could you possibly know if you'll be satisfied simply because it's perceived value is higher than the cost to aquire it.

If I wanted to pay for other people's junk I would collect DC..........it's just a joke heathens.

I'm starting to feel played.......again. GoT should not be claiming a PayPal refund for this. The way this is going my gut tells me he is going to be on the probation list.

I read this through, and I'm not looking to reopen what looks like a closing wound, but I have to ask why did the seller not simply refund him his money in the first instance? That is the usual way to solve unhappy customers and avoid drama, yes? (shrug)

Refunds kind of go against the spirit of mystery boxes though don't u think?

I get the desire to solve customer disappointment, but there's a little of that built in to mystery boxes right? Though the disappointment should be in the form of not getting exactly what you wanted (as opposed to not getting what was a stated value)...

:makepoint:

DC rules;) otherwise +1

I think the seller made it worse by putting GoT on ignore. I understand his wanting to have a night out, but he could have simply said, "I'm sorry, I'm really busy this weekend, I'll get back to you on Monday". Putting someone on ignore is tantamount to waiving a red flag at an already annoyed bull.

I don't know the value of the 9.8 slab,but if it was substantial, it certainly made this more of a gamble.

This should act as a warning for those who buy mystery boxes.

The sellers of mystery boxes are trying to unload bulk in a cost effective manner. Individually the books might be worth a few bucks each bringing the overall value well above the price they are being offered at, but really they are just a large quantity of mediocre books being sold quickly.

The buyer under the allure of buying something valued well above the price they would purchase the mystery box for believes that they are getting a bargain. They have no power to control the contents and shouldn't assume that they will be satisfied even if the overall value is higher than the purchase price.

The problem is compounded when the seller offers 1 uber prize to randomly be inserted into one of the boxes. In reality the relatively high probability of having the prize in your box acts as a further enticement.

Don't buy a mystery box and then be surprised when you're unhappy with the outcome. It's like ordering a random meal at a restaurant, that's guaranteed to be expensive. How could you possibly know if you'll be satisfied simply because it's perceived value is higher than the cost to aquire it.

If I wanted to pay for other people's junk I would collect DC..........it's just a joke heathens.

lol

:makepoint:

DC rules;) otherwise +1

I think the seller made it worse by putting GoT on ignore. I understand his wanting to have a night out, but he could have simply said, "I'm sorry, I'm really busy this weekend, I'll get back to you on Monday". Putting someone on ignore is tantamount to waiving a red flag at an already annoyed bull.

I don't know the value of the 9.8 slab,but if it was substantial, it certainly made this more of a gamble.

Agreed Sha', it's never a good idea for a seller (or buyer) to put the other party on ignore until things get resolved.... (now afterwards thats another matter ;)

I think $35 might be the cheapest mystery box offering I've ever seen, so with the cost so low, expectations should be been set accordingly. I dont think anyone would suggest a mystery box sale is the best way to get smoking 9.8 copies of modern books. And while there was one box that just had the CGC slab in it, the slab's value was not an outlier vs the estimated stated value of the other boxes (most recent sales of same slab were $60 and $55) so its not like take dreck for a chance to win a $200 slab. Its get a stack of comics worth $60 or a slab worth $60.

Now the problem was the buyer didnt think the stack of comics was worth $60, but there seems to be some disagreement about 1st vs 2nd printings and variants included, and whether then Xfactor 5 was a 9.2 (as GoT supposedly first said to the seller) or an 8.0 as he posted here when complaining.... all of those factors influence whether the box is worth $60-70 as stated or less...

I love mystery boxes for slabs and trades/hcs... speculative moderns that hold all their value based on Mint-ness and number of tics? not so much...

[/color]

That Slab's sold for $55 and $60 last two sales, no sales in last 90 days.

Yes, rayjay77 was the nominating party and it was indeed the OKC Tornado charity thread. To contact him, I used the existing thread so he would know who I was and why i was contacting him. This was 6 days ago and I still haven't received a reply. I would prefer that the buyer received just compensation but, if that is unable to happen, I would gladly donate to a charitable cause in lieu of that. I contributed many books to various charity threads and I was happy to do so and I would gladly make a donation to a deserving organization if need be. Thank You all for your input. - Joel

I never got a pm, and i am pretty sure i havent ignored you.. But thank you for finally reaching out.. i have pmmed you..

Welcome back. Can you let us know if Tibex has refunded you or if you are satisfied? He's been posting in here trying to figure out what to do so he can get off the PL. (thumbs u

Welcome back. Can you let us know if Tibex has refunded you or if you are satisfied? He's been posting in here trying to figure out what to do so he can get off the PL. (thumbs u

hey buddy, been a while.. no i havent talked to him yet, i just finished reading through his posts.. i never got a pm from him and he wasnt on ignore so i don't know how he said it was read. I don't understand. It's only 20 bucks so whatever, I was just really surprised to see this brought up again and what jimmy said about being high and ignoring my calls and texts. that was a move and i have seen him plenty of times at the cons, he doesnt come up say hi, sorry for ignoring you nothing.. kinda thing. but whatever its neither here nor there..

Edited by rayjay77

I think I have his phone number from when he wanted to return books or something and I was high and ignored all of his calls/texts.

wow.. i don't even know how to respond to that..

lol I saw that too.

It sounds way worse than it is.

Actually yes, you did receive a PM from me and it was marked as read. It's irrelevant but, I could provide you with a screen shot if you would like. Anyway, rayjay has contacted me via PM and I'll facilitate his refund and take it from there.

Actually yes, you did receive a PM from me and it was marked as read. It's irrelevant but, I could provide you with a screen shot if you would like. Anyway, rayjay has contacted me via PM and I'll facilitate his refund and take it from there.

i understand that but i did not read it. i don't know how that happened.. trust me if i saw a message from you i'd have replied just as i did this time.. I'm not sayign you didnt pm me, im just saying i definitly didnt see it.. Anyways like he said i have gotten in contact with him and we are sorting it out..

Edited by rayjay77

Anyone have dealings with this newbie Kcurren? He agrees to buy something from me, I invoice him through Paypal then he goes silent for 3 days only to tell me that he is backing out. What follows is more excuses then he decides he is going to send me a deposit while he thinks about it. He has listed some of his stuff for sale in the OA market place and posts his email address. The Paypal address he gave me was a completely different email address and with an unconfirmed shipping address.

Could be nothing but apparently he doesn't have a clue on how to conduct himself as he has been placing low ball offers in other people's sales threads and generally wasting people's time, editing posts after the fact, etc. Red flags everywhere with this guy.

I agree with you on the red flags. I'd tread lightly around that one.

Ok an update on this tool and a request that he be placed on the HOS list. After balking on our deal I listed the piece on EBay. I thought I had a reserve programmed on it but when a bid was placed it disappeared and sold for $300 less than the originally agreed upon price with this Kcurren fool [my fault here, I'll have to eat the mistake]. To my chagrin the winning EBay bidder was none other that this Kcurren guy! :pullhair: So I wait a couple days as I contemplate either; a) not shipping the page at all b) getting my daughter to draw a stick man on a piece of paper so I could mail that to him instead or c) drawing a big dong on the page and then shipping it. I was hoping to hear from Kcurren who would at least acknowledge what had happen and would maybe make good on the difference but that never happened, big surprise.

So after cooling down a bit I decided to ship the page and honor the transaction but this dirt bag must be banned from these boards forever as far as I'm concerned. How do I make sure that this happens? :frustrated:

Just another update on this tool who is trying to sell stuff in the OA section of these boards. Take a look at his comment in this thread. To me its clear and malicious attempt to deceive and this clown should not be allowed to sell on these boards period:

Link

Probation list or HOS, either one but how do I make sure he is noted on one of them?

Anyone have dealings with this newbie Kcurren? He agrees to buy something from me, I invoice him through Paypal then he goes silent for 3 days only to tell me that he is backing out. What follows is more excuses then he decides he is going to send me a deposit while he thinks about it. He has listed some of his stuff for sale in the OA market place and posts his email address. The Paypal address he gave me was a completely different email address and with an unconfirmed shipping address.

Could be nothing but apparently he doesn't have a clue on how to conduct himself as he has been placing low ball offers in other people's sales threads and generally wasting people's time, editing posts after the fact, etc. Red flags everywhere with this guy.

I agree with you on the red flags. I'd tread lightly around that one.

Ok an update on this tool and a request that he be placed on the HOS list. After balking on our deal I listed the piece on EBay. I thought I had a reserve programmed on it but when a bid was placed it disappeared and sold for $300 less than the originally agreed upon price with this Kcurren fool [my fault here, I'll have to eat the mistake]. To my chagrin the winning EBay bidder was none other that this Kcurren guy! :pullhair: So I wait a couple days as I contemplate either; a) not shipping the page at all b) getting my daughter to draw a stick man on a piece of paper so I could mail that to him instead or c) drawing a big dong on the page and then shipping it. I was hoping to hear from Kcurren who would at least acknowledge what had happen and would maybe make good on the difference but that never happened, big surprise.

So after cooling down a bit I decided to ship the page and honor the transaction but this dirt bag must be banned from these boards forever as far as I'm concerned. How do I make sure that this happens? :frustrated:

Just another update on this tool who is trying to sell stuff in the OA section of these boards. Take a look at his comment in this thread. To me its clear and malicious attempt to deceive and this clown should not be allowed to sell on these boards period:

Link

Probation list or HOS, either one but how do I make sure he is noted on one of them?

That's pretty bad. I read that comment that he posted and you quoted as, "I know I got over on you for some $, ha ha". I've not been up for some of the HOS nominations lately, but I don't see how it's not HOS worthy for someone being caught celebrating the fact that they beat another board member out of $.

You've got my vote. I say PM him and let him know your intentions and invite him here to air his side of things. Then we vote.

I'm not going to PM or invite him to do anything. He was aware of this thread when he made his comment so I say we vote right away. Its pretty clear from his MO and comments that he is here to deceive and try to throw people off but presenting two different persona's.

I feel like there is information missing. What happened? Did you send him a cover in exchange for his and he didn't send it? Did you send him money and he not ship?