• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Teen Humor--Anything but Archie
12 12

3,275 posts in this topic

Here's another # 1 issue - Junior Hopp - Imagine bumping into you!

Oddly, I can't help thinking the guy on the cover is what Stan Lee was in his younger days. Do I need therapy at this point?

797362-JuniorHopp1s.jpg

143 - That was a nice Gay comics. Are all other covers as good? Plus a request: anyone has some Hedy Devine / Hedy of Hollywood covers to share?

797362-JuniorHopp1s.jpg.bf052c51605d4aac8120ed8ec0dca932.jpg

That's very cool! I've never seen Junior Hopp before. It's going on my list thumbsup2.gif

143 - That was a nice Gay comics. Are all other covers as good?

The other issues of Gay that I've seen aren't nearly as cool, but still are nice.

Plus a request: anyone has some Hedy Devine / Hedy of Hollywood covers to share?

797613-hedy34.jpg

797613-hedy34.jpg.6c48910fa7bf93c4181d6eb94e290a1d.jpg

Edited by 143ksk

Wow 893whatthe.gif The preservation of the black cover on that book is amazing.

Here's another Church book:

401175-teen23.jpg

Hey, those two gals look like MJ Watson and Gwen Stacy. A prototype issue perhaps? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

143, I am sure you noticed that both the Millie and the Margie gags work around the "And how!" reaction.

So .. in the spirit of the cover repeats in the Jungle / Jumbo and other Fiction House books, let me show these two:

801216-PatsyWalker39s.jpg

801216-Wilbur41s.jpg

So here we have one Jaffee Patsy and one Vigoda Wilbur with the same gag. Yes so what. Well. folks, remember that my books are all from the same month so these two were out at the SAME time which makes me go either 893whatthe.gif or 893scratchchin-thumb.gif (think - the layout is the same). They are from 2 different publishers. A testament to what all teen artists have been saying that they had 3 stories they repeated ad-nauseum

801216-Wilbur41s.jpg.5c2b250e6b392f052c525fce08a0485c.jpg

This one took me 2 years to find,....over-graded and over-priced, I bought it anyway.

Millie the Model # 2 (Millie dresses as the Blonde Phantom to sell B.P. Perfume. Before All-Select apperance).

millie2.jpg

143, I am sure you noticed that both the Millie and the Margie gags work around the "And how!" reaction.

Yes, I think there were several frequently reused gags revolving around movies, and the use of the word "dish," and "do you see anything you'd like?" I'll have to dig through some of my other books from that period and see what else I can come up with.