• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Teen Humor--Anything but Archie
12 12

3,275 posts in this topic

I was PMing with adamstrange and he suggested this thread. With the approach of the completion of my Archie collection, I've started acquiring non-Archie teen humor titles over the last few years. I will start us off with some first issues (only 2 of which are actually #1s). Please add more!

This book is the continuation of All Winners

793365-allteen20.jpg

793365-allteen20.jpg.82f219f98ae48c4bea989c78d26682e5.jpg

Edited by 143ksk

This title featured some of Dan DeCarlo's best work, but was virtually unreadable frown.gif

Speaking of unreadable, I took a look at a Tillie the Toiler (FC 176) on Friday and found it tough going. Am I off base or are they lame? Is Tessie the Typist better? I always think of those two in the same group.

Best,

Marc

I've never read Tillie, but Tessie (as well as most of the other Timely titles) is pretty good. The real problem with My Friend Irma (and later My Girl Pearl) is that the only joke is that Irma is amazingly stupid. And it's repeated over and over and over and...you get the idea. The other Timely titles are much more readable.

I've never read Tillie, but Tessie (as well as most of the other Timely titles) is pretty good. The real problem with My Friend Irma (and later My Girl Pearl) is that the only joke is that Irma is amazingly stupid. And it's repeated over and over and over and...you get the idea. The other Timely titles are much more readable.

Thanks, I will endeavor to keep Tillie and Tessie separate in my mind! The Tillie was just very uninspired. I generally like teen-type stuff. (And we are absolutely nuts about Katy Keene over here.)

Marc