• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E.C. Fan Addict THREAD
27 27

6,315 posts in this topic

I'm not recalling an EC Thread lately. I'm sure one has been started at some time or another..... but it just seems odd that in a GA Forum of this depth that there is no dedicated thread to possibly the best comics ever made. Maybe their day has come and gone..... but that shouldn't be. If anyone wants a spot to critique issues, genres, point out auction tips, etc....... I for one will be all ears. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

.....NICE ..... That Gaines Gang really knocked 'em out of the park..... and Wood was so motivated to greatness. You can look at a Wood cover for hours..... he's like the Alex Schomburg of the Atomic Age ..... GOD BLESS...

I always thought Wood captured the perfect balance of sci fi and horror on this cover!

WeirdScience19.jpg

I have three copies of this issue, since it contains "Precious Years."

..... you sound like me..... I've had 3 and 4 copies of certain books at one time. GOD BLESS....

It's been stated before that most fans agree that the writing in the science fiction line was the best. This issue stands out for the great "A Sound of Thunder" story. :cloud9:

WeirdScience-Fantasy25.jpg

.... a fine example, too..... I had a nice copy of that one and Judy made me put it in her stack lol ..... she LOVES anything Sci-Fi ...... those Bradury adaptations are off the hook... GOD BLESS....

EC has so many fantastic covers ( with equally fantastic interiors), that have been reprinted in so many formats, and are not that scarce in the original because they were they've been fan favorites for decades, that I think we take them for granted sometimes. I've only got a few of my favorite CSS covers, but threads like these remind me of how many of these would be highly sought after "classic covers" if they were from another publisher.

The HOF 12 I just got is an OSPG "Classic Cover" ... but CGC doesn't put it on the label ..... heck, more EC's are probably classic than not.... GOD BLESS....