• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Removing TPB's from the Registry

64 posts in this topic

I don't know if maintaining a standard for the registry is of interest to anyone but I always see the logic that a TPB should be added to a set because it exists in another set. I personally see no place for TPB's in the registry. It is a completely different format, not all TPB's can be graded and the vast majority are constantly in print. I've always viewed this as registry game players frustrating collectors.

Opinions needed. :)

If anyone wants to start a poll I'd appreciate it. TPB - yes or no?

Edited by Gemma

My personal opinion is that I'm fine with adding TPBs to the registry sets as long as they're non-competitive - that way the 2 people who actually bother slabbing TPBs can still display them in their sets, and the regular comic book collectors don't get screwed.

Anyway ... a poll:

My preference is that TPB's would not be added to typical registry sets. However, if they were added in a non-competitive capacity, I wouldn't complain. There are just too many good reasons why they shouldn't be added to justify giving them competitive slots in existing registries.

Just curious, but has anyone considered the various printings associated with TPB's as well? I voted no as well but if TPB's get allowed then the 2nd, 3rd, and other printings of them have to get in there, too. Couldn't there just be a 'tpb' only set for the particular runs people want them for in the registry as opposed to including them in the 'complete with variants' sets?

Just curious, but has anyone considered the various printings associated with TPB's as well? I voted no as well but if TPB's get allowed then the 2nd, 3rd, and other printings of them have to get in there, too. Couldn't there just be a 'tpb' only set for the particular runs people want them for in the registry as opposed to including them in the 'complete with variants' sets?

I suggested TPB only set much the same as foreign edition sets. Those who want TPB seem to want it in the regular sets. (shrug)

I voted no for reasons I've stated in other places on the boards. I just don't see TPBs as comics per se, but books OF comics, compilations, a different creature altogether.

Shouldn't be a problem. I know Nicole will do everything she can leading into the deadline. This poll should wrap up in the next week.

Since it seems that TPBs will not be allowed in Registry sets, how do we go about getting them removed from current sets?

Just request their deletion in the expansion thread?

Yup