• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

everyone keeps saying that HOS is reserved for the worst of the worst but looking just at the HOS members added in 2013, it seems to not match that description.

granted some of the things solarcadet and gijoe did were horrible, but does it really compare to thomas neely, redrocks or beerbohm?

I'm not suggesting even for a minute that anyone should be taken off that list. Just trying to understand how some people have the impression of what that lists really consists of.

i lied in a joke about my fathers death. Im not a dealer and never stole a dollar or never shilled anyone.

I dont want lock horns with anyone. Ive made peace everyone that i could...

I think the only reason you're there is because you want to be.

the HOS never changed anything. i still sell and buy from various boardies

im 100% seller/buyer on ebay with 600+ transactions

to each is to their own. The only way to stop these things like Symbi is close out the public sales and do them all private.

I've been thinking of other ways but thanks for your lack of concern.

Actually, wouldn't this waive the 72 hour waiting period? hm Seller admits he's not going to honor a sale that occurred in an open sales thread?

He posted in this thread that he would take it at your price. (shrug)

Look again at the pm I said it was too low at the asking price and was holding on to it

And he still goes for it

Like I said that could be considered strike worthy since I didn't take it off the boards before I posted it somewhere else. That's my bad I told him no at that price and he still insists on going for it. I realize I was giving the book away at that price that's why I didn't take any of his offers when he PMED me.

Is the price difference between $110 (your listed board price) & the price you'll get on Ebay worth never selling on here again?

I think you need to ask yourself that question. :foryou:

If you really want to put me on the probation list or hos for not taking a book down after I told him on than by all means do it

When you tell somebody no it should be enough. All I'm guilty of is telling him no and not taking the book down right after then looking at Colombia comics eBay and selling what he had it listed for and how many offers he was getting

So I listed my copy. Had I taken the book down I'm sure he would still say I sold it to him in that pm because I said no and he still said he would take it at $110 he knew I said no I wanted to keep it and he still went for it. Do what you have to do. Nothing else I can say

There's a lot of open sales threads out there Justin. I mean a LOT. :whistle:

xxx ooo

Rupp

So what do you suggest?

I really blame Brock in all of this. If he hadn't listed his book, OC would have sold the book.

:insane:

Brock is the demon seed :grin:

He does have some incredible books though on that Ebay site. (worship)

xxx ooo

Rupp

Actually, wouldn't this waive the 72 hour waiting period? hm Seller admits he's not going to honor a sale that occurred in an open sales thread?

He posted in this thread that he would take it at your price. (shrug)

Look again at the pm I said it was too low at the asking price and was holding on to it

And he still goes for it

Like I said that could be considered strike worthy since I didn't take it off the boards before I posted it somewhere else. That's my bad I told him no at that price and he still insists on going for it. I realize I was giving the book away at that price that's why I didn't take any of his offers when he PMED me.

Is the price difference between $110 (your listed board price) & the price you'll get on Ebay worth never selling on here again?

I think you need to ask yourself that question. :foryou:

If you really want to put me on the probation list or hos for not taking a book down after I told him on than by all means do it

When you tell somebody no it should be enough. All I'm guilty of is telling him no and not taking the book down right after then looking at Colombia comics eBay and selling what he had it listed for and how many offers he was getting

So I listed my copy. Had I taken the book down I'm sure he would still say I sold it to him in that pm because I said no and he still said he would take it at $110 he knew I said no I wanted to keep it and he still went for it. Do what you have to do. Nothing else I can say

There's a lot of open sales threads out there Justin. I mean a LOT. :whistle:

xxx ooo

Rupp

So what do you suggest?

Check the time stamp of the seller's PM telling the purchaser "no" based on the :takeit: placed in the thread. ;)

xxx ooo

Rupp

everyone keeps saying that HOS is reserved for the worst of the worst but looking just at the HOS members added in 2013, it seems to not match that description.

granted some of the things solarcadet and gijoe did were horrible, but does it really compare to thomas neely, redrocks or beerbohm?

I'm not suggesting even for a minute that anyone should be taken off that list. Just trying to understand how some people have the impression of what that lists really consists of.

i lied in a joke about my fathers death. Im not a dealer and never stole a dollar or never shilled anyone.

I dont want lock horns with anyone. Ive made peace everyone that i could...

I think the only reason you're there is because you want to be.

the HOS never changed anything. i still sell and buy from various boardies

im 100% seller/buyer on ebay with 600+ transactions

to each is to their own. The only way to stop these things like Symbi is close out the public sales and do them all private.

I've been thinking of other ways but thanks for your lack of concern.

Branget

im not trying to dig up old bones :foryou:

its not a lack of concern. not trying to steal or deceive or shill. i only collect foreign keys and a handful of originals.

How would that have stopped anyone else from buying it? I believe the wording was also the seller was thinking of holding onto it.

The list is already losing its integrity. Some of us are simply trying to stop the erosion. At the end of the day it seems the need for vengeance is winning out. I would guess it is noob voting but with the anonymous system who knows.

Yup. The call of "add him to the HOS list" seems quite strong these days. Maybe too strong.

How would that have stopped anyone else from buying it? I believe the wording was also the seller was thinking of holding onto it.

I agree with what you're saying. If the buyer made an offer, and the seller says, "No. I'm pretty much letting it go too cheap at my asking price. I might just hold onto it," it mostly seems like he just won't take the offer. The "I might just hold onto it" also seems like he just wants somebody to pay the asking price, which the buyer ended up doing.

No idea. Just going by the sellers wording of "no".

Is your Walking Dead #1 CGC 9.8 still available for $600 here?

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4535681&fpart=1

That thread is open, with no notification that it's closed... if so :takeit:;)

That's what I mean by "a LOT of open threads".

:foryou:

xxx ooo

Rupp

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4535681&fpart=1

xxx ooo

Rupp

:o

Damn, you just beat me! Just missed it! :frustrated:

Rupp is the man, lol. I knew that was what he meant by lots of open threads, and there are no guidelines saying old open threads can be disregarded. Start the clock! Off with their heads!

Yea, be cool if we had a little more flower child love and a way slower trigger finger, I dont think adding someone to the list who had prior to the "Ill take it" sign said in the pm to the buyer he was not going to sell it even at the full asking which he felt he made a booboo and was too low. Adding him to the list is a technicality, equal in weight to the refusal to sell the CGC 9.8 WD 1 for $600 in an open thread with no prior sold posting.

xxx ooo

Rupp

:o

Damn, you just beat me! Just missed it! :frustrated:

He didn't post the :takeit: in the sales thread. You can still grab it! :grin:

The list is already losing its integrity. Some of us are simply trying to stop the erosion. At the end of the day it seems the need for vengeance is winning out. I would guess it is noob voting but with the anonymous system who knows.

Yup. The call of "add him to the HOS list" seems quite strong these days. Maybe too strong.

I agree, I think we are losing the original point of the HOS list. It was for serious actions, most of which constituted acts which were akin to stealing.

AlleyBat attempted to steal $5k in a Batman 1 scam

Comic Supply took money for numerous orders and never sent the items

Heral2galactus had multiple transactions where he received items/money and never reciprocated.

Black and white bad apples, no doubt.

What seems to be happening lately is a few people with no morals, no common sense and no idea of how to join in and be part of something are getting some of the normal members so annoyed, that the PITA people are being put on the HOS list.

That was not the intent.

We need a stand in the corner until you grow up list.

Meanwhile, we had some discussions about having polls in CG, where they would be blind polls so that more people could take part and not be influenced by others. I still think that's a good idea.

Don't get me wrong, I happen to really appreciate the new people who have donated time here, they are caring and great members, but HOS needs to be for really egregious actions, repetitive or horrid+ actions...not just a dumb PITA person who acts like (or is) a teenager).

Lying about your father dying...well, that's just plain juvenile and sad. It is not however, HOS material. I won't buy from that person because of his actions, but he belongs in the "cooler" not death row.

I wish to nominate oceanavekid to the probation thread/list I don't know who has access to PM messages but I have no problem copying or opening them up for full disclosure. My take on this is he was pushing for the extra $10 on the book, after my offer of $100. I thought that was fair based on his asking price. After looking at some past sales and some other threads I fell asleep. When I woke up I was like f it what's $10 this is something on my list of wants and if it's not a newsstand copy it's still a pretty good deal. I did edit my I'll take it post after the fact to include the shipping included part. If a seller doesn't want to sell something virtually or real world they can say it's not for sale any longer. Not I think this or may that.

Edited by jawn

dc comics presents 26

jawn Online content

Hobbyist

Hello,

Would you happen to know if the DC Comics Presents is a newsstand or direct?

Thanks,

John

Top Edit Edit Reply Reply Quote Quote Quick Reply Quick Reply Quick Quote Quick Quote

Unread By: none

#5152750 - 04/30/14 07:44 PM Re: dc comics presents 26

oceanavekid Offline

Talkative?

Loc: Sacramento, California

Not sure sorry

Probably going to just hold on to it till I'm able to take pictures

Top Reply Reply Quote Quote Quick Reply Quick Reply Quick Quote Quick Quote

#5152914 - 04/30/14 08:38 PM Re: dc comics presents 26

jawn Online content

Hobbyist

Would you do $100 for it?

Top Edit Edit Reply Reply Quote Quote Quick Reply Quick Reply Quick Quote Quick Quote

#5153251 - 04/30/14 09:56 PM Re: dc comics presents 26

oceanavekid Offline

Talkative?

Loc: Sacramento, California

Already had someone offer that. It might be priced low at $110

Think I'm just going to hold on to it

Thanks tho

Top Reply Reply Quote Quote Quick Reply Quick Reply Quick Quote Quick Quote

#5153883 - Yesterday at 04:13 AM Re: dc comics presents 26

jawn Online content

Hobbyist

Ok I'll take it for $110.

I agree, I think we are losing the original point of the HOS list. It was for serious actions, most of which constituted acts which were akin to stealing.

AlleyBat attempted to steal $5k in a Batman 1 scam

Comic Supply took money for numerous orders and never sent the items

Heral2galactus had multiple transactions where he received items/money and never reciprocated.

Black and white bad apples, no doubt.

What seems to be happening lately is a few people with no morals, no common sense and no idea of how to join in and be part of something are getting some of the normal members so annoyed, that the PITA people are being put on the HOS list.

That was not the intent.

We need a stand in the corner until you grow up list.

Meanwhile, we had some discussions about having polls in CG, where they would be blind polls so that more people could take part and not be influenced by others. I still think that's a good idea.

Don't get me wrong, I happen to really appreciate the new people who have donated time here, they are caring and great members, but HOS needs to be for really egregious actions, repetitive or horrid+ actions...not just a dumb PITA person who acts like (or is) a teenager).

Lying about your father dying...well, that's just plain juvenile and sad. It is not however, HOS material. I won't buy from that person because of his actions, but he belongs in the "cooler" not death row.

If I understand it correctly, Beerbohm is in the HOS for a transaction he later came through on. Of course, Arch banned him, so I suppose it's academic ....