• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man 2 is a winner. The Rotten Tomatoes reviews were off.

856 posts in this topic

I just came back from seeing this with Mrs. CC, and I have to say ASM 2 is a winner!

First of all my expectations were low because of the ASM 2 CGI trailers, the Rotten Tomatoes reviews, and my lukewarm feelings of ASM 1.

Speaking of ASM 1 let`s get this straight!

ASM 2 is way better then ASM 1.

Now lets look at why I liked ASM 2 so much.

In ASM 1 we didn`t really care about the Andrew Garfield Spider-Man.

Here in ASM 2 he wins us over. We care about him,we care about his parent`s, and most of all we care about Gwen.

The villians of ASM 2 are way more interesting then the boring Lizard.

In fact there are times when Electro and the Green Goblin are downright scary.

To take it a step further Dane Dehaan steals the movie as the Green Goblin.

dane-dehaan-the-amazing-spider-man-2.jpg

I now suspect that

Amazing_Spider-Man_Vol_1_14.jpg

and

Amazing_Spider-Man_Vol_1_136.jpg

will be great long-term investments because of the new energy that ASM 2 brings to the Green Goblin mythos.

The special effects are way better then ASM 1! Don`t let the mediocre trailers fool you.

All in all The Amazing Spider-Man 2 was a winner, and got me excited about the character Spider-Man again. Frankly I became bored with Spider-Man, but now after seeing this movie I forgot how cool Spider-Man really can be when handled properly. This movie delivered that promise.

A bravo job well done by Marc Webb and the movie gang!

:applause:

I now eagerly await

Amazing Spider-Man 3

Venom

and most of all

The Sinister Six.

(thumbs u

That's good to hear!

I have the same concerns you did about the movie. ASM 1 was just kind of ho-hum for me; not bad but nothing to write home about either. I figured this would be more of the same but sounds like maybe not :wishluck:

lol What I crapped in the toilet this morning was more interesting than the Lizard, so that's not saying much.

lol What I crapped in the toilet this morning was more interesting than the Lizard, so that's not saying much.

If possible please reenact out below but everyone would be happier if you didn't get up when the train arrived. :cloud9:

traintracks.jpg

If possible please reenact out below but everyone would be happier if you didn't get up when the train arrived.

i just love how dateless fanboys get all angry and insulted if you don't think the latest funnybook movie is the "best movie ever!". :roflmao:

And anyone who's not seen it yet, this is a real turd and if you thought Garfield looked like an emaciated, twitchy meth addict before, your mind is going to be blown in ASM2. And how anyone could think that Jamie Foxx's "loser nerdboy" performance is anything less than horrific, it totally beyond comprehension. He takes "over-acting" to a whole different level - from Ray to Django Unchained to this trash. Unbelievable.

During his entire pre-Electro bit at the start, I can guarantee a good percentage of the theater will be doing this :facepalm:

According to rotten tomatoes, this movie is worse than the phantom menace. ASM 2 is currently at 54%, while phantom menace is at 57%.

No matter what the faboys say, this is NOT a good movie, and it has some of the worst writing and acting I've seen in a long time.

Garfield is terrible, Foxx is even worse, Stone is okay, and about the only quality performance (mainly because it's the only part written even mediocre) was DeHaan, and even he was far better as Harry than the Goblin.

If possible please reenact out below but everyone would be happier if you didn't get up when the train arrived.

i just love how dateless fanboys get all angry and insulted if you don't think the latest funnybook movie is the "best movie ever!". :roflmao:

And anyone who's not seen it yet, this is a real turd and if you thought Garfield looked like an emaciated, twitchy meth addict before, your mind is going to be blown in ASM2. And how anyone could think that Jamie Foxx's "loser nerdboy" performance is anything less than horrific, it totally beyond comprehension. He takes "over-acting" to a whole different level - from Ray to Django Unchained to this trash. Unbelievable.

During his entire pre-Electro bit at the start, I can guarantee a good percentage of the theater will be doing this :facepalm:

Me dateless. :eyeroll:

You know in every post you make you are the biggest complaining fanboy right?

I just don't understand why you post here when you don't even collect comics.

It's not a good movie by any stretch, better then the first ASM but that's not saying much.

So this movie will be amazing then since the first ASM movie was far better than any of the Tobey versions.

Thanks! (thumbs u

Edited by Spiderman-on-Tilt