• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox Studios' WOLVERINE 3 - LOGAN starring Hugh Jackman (2017)
8 8

1,131 posts in this topic

I like Jackman, but if they decide to reboot the character after he's done (and I can't imagine that they won't, considering that Wolvie is a cash cow) I'd like to see them go with an actual short, ugly, hairy guy. Tall, devastatingly handsome Wolverine was fine, but I still don't feel like we've ever seen the REAL Wolverine on screen.

I realize there's no chance in hell of that ever happening.

We'll have to call Danny DeVito's agent to confirm his availability

lol

Jackman Wants A Better 'Wolverine' Movie

"If the -script is as good? hm. I don’t know if that will get me across the line, man. I think it has to be better. I can still see where we can improve on the last one. I love the intimacy of that story, I liked the small stuff, I liked that it was a little unexpected. I don’t want to get into specifics, because it just upsets people, but there are certain parts of that story where I felt we were predictable. And I don’t think you need to do that with Wolverine. What’s exciting is that you can make it a more interior story, and people actually prefer that. And that was good to show and convince everyone – especially everyone who greenlights the movies!"

I have to give it to him. He really does seem to try and make the character work.

Can I just point out he's never really had a worthy opponent throughout a movie other than Sabertooth (who was somewhat underused on occasion). Stryker in X2 was effective as a sinister dude, but utterly no match for him physically. He always just wound up sending out lackies after him (Lady Deathstrike, Deapool 2.0).

He needs a villain that mirrors his own anti-hero persona (mental & brawn), throughout the next movie.

Can I just point out he's never really had a worthy opponent throughout a movie other than Sabertooth (who was somewhat underused on occasion). Stryker in X2 was effective as a sinister dude, but utterly no match for him physically. He always just wound up sending out lackies after him (Lady Deathstrike, Deapool 2.0).

He needs a villain that mirrors his own anti-hero persona (mental & brawn), throughout the next movie.

That's a good idea. Don't know if anyone ever read 'deadpool takes on the MU,'

but it was pretty interesting how he took out wolvie and daughter.

Hugh Jackman Reveals That They Have A Story For THE WOLVERINE 2

Hugh Jackman gives a brief detail on the next Wolverine movie he will do with James Mangold.

Looks like we will know soon what path they are heading with Wolverine 2. It also looks like they even don't want to acknowledge 'X-Men Origins: Wolverine' took place.

I'd be up for Old Man Logan. It's one of the best Wolverine stories of all time - however, I see some problems with it since the Hulk clan is a big part of the motivation behind his journey. I'm not sure replacing them with another villain will have the same effect in the story and definitely not the ending.

^^

Its the next Wolverine story in my opinion. The tricky part would be what characters could be displayed from Marvel world. That's where it would get difficult and I think may keep the movie from ever being made. :cry:

I like Jackman, but if they decide to reboot the character after he's done (and I can't imagine that they won't, considering that Wolvie is a cash cow) I'd like to see them go with an actual short, ugly, hairy guy. Tall, devastatingly handsome Wolverine was fine, but I still don't feel like we've ever seen the REAL Wolverine on screen.

We'll have to call Danny DeVito's agent to confirm his availability

lol

I am more then happy to settle for the cigars, kitty pryde, and some more bar scenes with preferably the Juggernaut.

Jackman Wants A Better 'Wolverine' Movie

"If the -script is as good? hm. I don’t know if that will get me across the line, man. I think it has to be better. I can still see where we can improve on the last one. I love the intimacy of that story, I liked the small stuff, I liked that it was a little unexpected. I don’t want to get into specifics, because it just upsets people, but there are certain parts of that story where I felt we were predictable. And I don’t think you need to do that with Wolverine. What’s exciting is that you can make it a more interior story, and people actually prefer that. And that was good to show and convince everyone – especially everyone who greenlights the movies!"

I have to give it to him. He really does seem to try and make the character work.

Put him in the Savage Land. Still wanting an X-flick with Sauron. Also, let Tom Cruise take a stab at the part. At least they won't have to make him look tall with crazy camera angles. :D

Have a feeling we will be seeing some version of Old Man Logan together with the introduction of Wolverines daughter. (X-23)

That's if Jackman is really calling this his last Wolverine film. If not then why do Old Man Logan now when you can always save it for later?

I completely agree. I would love to see a blood thirsy, berserker raged Wolverine.

I really like what Bat in the Sun did here with the mask and fangs...

Regardless, Jackman did a phenomenal job playing Wolverine.

1st time I've seen that. Very cool!