• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox Studios' WOLVERINE 3 - LOGAN starring Hugh Jackman (2017)
8 8

1,131 posts in this topic

Hugh Jackman Says He's "99.9%" Sure WOLVERINE 3 Will Be His Last Time Playing Logan

The Aussie actor also says he's pretty sure the next flick would not be set in Japan, and most interestingly names Mark Miller's Old Man Logan run as a possible plot for the third movie. "Of course we’re looking at Old Man Logan, because that may be the only option left at this point! [laughs] We are looking at a lot of different storylines. No one has jumped out. You can tell from my answer that we’re still working it out."

I'd be up for Old Man Logan. It's one of the best Wolverine stories of all time - however, I see some problems with it since the Hulk clan is a big part of the motivation behind his journey. I'm not sure replacing them with another villain will have the same effect in the story and definitely not the ending.

I like Jackman, but if they decide to reboot the character after he's done (and I can't imagine that they won't, considering that Wolvie is a cash cow) I'd like to see them go with an actual short, ugly, hairy guy. Tall, devastatingly handsome Wolverine was fine, but I still don't feel like we've ever seen the REAL Wolverine on screen.

I realize there's no chance in hell of that ever happening.

I like Jackman, but if they decide to reboot the character after he's done (and I can't imagine that they won't, considering that Wolvie is a cash cow) I'd like to see them go with an actual short, ugly, hairy guy. Tall, devastatingly handsome Wolverine was fine, but I still don't feel like we've ever seen the REAL Wolverine on screen.

I completely agree. I would love to see a blood thirsy, berserker raged Wolverine.

I really like what Bat in the Sun did here with the mask and fangs...

Regardless, Jackman did a phenomenal job playing Wolverine.

I'd be up for Old Man Logan. It's one of the best Wolverine stories of all time - however, I see some problems with it since the Hulk clan is a big part of the motivation behind his journey. I'm not sure replacing them with another villain will have the same effect in the story and definitely not the ending.

They'd have to change a lot of it. Red Skull is the main villain. Theres a venom dinosaur. Hawkeye is his partner. Spider-man's daughter or granddaughter, I forget which, is in it. I love the story and would love to see it done but theres so much that would need to be different.

They'd have to change a lot of it. Red Skull is the main villain. Theres a venom dinosaur. Hawkeye is his partner. Spider-man's daughter or granddaughter, I forget which, is in it. I love the story and would love to see it done but theres so much that would need to be different.

That's a lot for non-comic book fans to digest. They would leave the movie confused and angry. Can't see that being a blockbuster.

He will be hard to replace.

Replace? How about just ending it after Wolverine 3... :baiting:

Unless they're gonna do a Wolverine vs Hulk movie I'm kinda burned out.

Old man logan is Wolverine vs many Hulks. I am excited for this prospect.

I completely agree. I would love to see a blood thirsy, berserker raged Wolverine.

I really like what Bat in the Sun did here with the mask and fangs...

Regardless, Jackman did a phenomenal job playing Wolverine.

I agree.

That's a lot for non-comic book fans to digest. They would leave the movie confused and angry. Can't see that being a blockbuster.

Not to mention too many properties from other studios. My guess is that they taking the "last adventure of Wolverine" aspect of it and are going to create some amalgamation of the story idea for the third film. Which is ok, I suppose. I'd rather have them attempt to create a new story based on a comic idea than take a comic idea and try to shoehorn it into a two-hour film.

People criticize but Hugh Jackman and to a slightly lesser degree Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen were the ones that made X-Men a successful franchise. It's also nice to see that these movies are more than just a paycheck to Jackman as (at least from my viewpoint) he appreciates the character and what the role has provided him.

Hugo Weaving and at one point, and still to a certain degree, Chris Evans 'poo pooed' comic book based movies. Jackman has embraced them, enjoying his part in them and recognizing the doors that 'Wolverine' opened.

Jackman has embraced them, enjoying his part in them and recognizing the doors that 'Wolverine' opened.

Personally, I've always liked Hugh Jackman as Wolverine. I think he's great and while I might take issue with some of the writing of the character, I always liked his delivery of him.

We'll have to call Danny DeVito's agent to confirm his availability