• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Is there 25 new pages of packaging discussion here? Someone should make a How to pack your books for shipping thread. Oh wait.... Boozad did. It's sticky at the top of comics general.

Is there a contingency plan for if you really want to and moan even if the seller packed your books safely and they arrived on time and undamaged?

The manager at my post office casually asked me one day what it was that i ship so often. When i told her it was mostly comics, she asked me why i wasnt using media mail.

worth remembering that the local manager is not the one doing the inspection, so what they say doesnt really matter. its what the inspector thinks...

The way I understand it, the local boys are the ones doing the Media Mail inspections now. When the last rate change went into effect. There were a few changes that took place.

Now you have to answer if something is hazardous for each item you ship on the touch screen.

Also the clerk will get a notice to open Media Mail packages right there while you are still standing there. It is random and just pops up on their screen.

That is what my Postmaster told me, and that is how they now flag media mail packages for fraud.

So what youre saying is printing online puts me in the clear? :devil:

I shipped a box today First Class. 12 oz. $3.29. I haven't bought boxes in 6+ months because I just recycle now, but I think they were about 85-90 cents each.

The complaint didn't start off as being a complaint about the shipping charge. It was purchased being told one thing, but receiving something different and then the responses from Kyle didn't help at all. I don't think I went about it the wrong way because I kept him anonymous as long as I could.

Hey Tommy

What's Venom's new ID?

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7646426#Post7646426

Thanks in advance

I actually removed myself from the topic last week. I cleared out my inbox. Sorry!

That's weak.

You released him from the PL while he was deceiving others here creating a shill account, selling here under another name while he was on the PL.

I think that HOS worthy, I've seen people get on the HOS for less. Not you Tommy boy, but Venom should get a HOS vote for deception of the board.

I don't think he's using a new username as a shill. I think he's having login problems and his username isn't recognized nor his email he used to log in with in the last. I believe he has contacted Arch / the mods. (shrug)

Why don't you continue your investigation and then we'll all know (if he sold while on the PL) once the other ID is disclosed by you, tommy or ipdr2d2

If he did, then we vote. Simple. Whether those who knew what he was doing share blame is something we can all decide for ourselves.

He is no longer dealing on either side (buying or selling) in comics. He logged in to square up with Taco/1P.

Is there 25 new pages of packaging discussion here? Someone should make a How to pack your books for shipping thread. Oh wait.... Boozad did. It's sticky at the top of comics general.

Is there a contingency plan for if you really want to and moan even if the seller packed your books safely and they arrived on time and undamaged?

It probably depends on if the books arrived on time and undamaged because of the shipper's care in packaging or because of the shipper's luck.

pOtato pAtato

lol

Not when it's my cash and certainly not when the type of package that shows up at my door doesn't match what I was told was being sent.

If a seller wants to gamble with his books and money that's his prerogative. Once they are paid for they are my books for my money and they aren't his to gamble with any longer.

i'm not looking to sell on the forums anymore, as i don't think i deserve that right. its a right not a privilege to sell to this great community.

i've up beyond belief, been given second chances, and still messed up.

so no, i will not fight to get back off the PL, and I will take all the jokes, and licks that i deserve. i will still be posting in the modern forums, on a discussion only basis as i do enjoy the conversation.

i'm not looking to sell on the forums anymore, as i don't think i deserve that right. its a right not a privilege to sell to this great community.

so no, i will not fight to get back off the PL, and I will take all the jokes, and licks that i deserve. i will still be posting in the modern forums, on a discussion only basis as i do enjoy the conversation.

Why do think you've made these mistakes and why are you so resigned to this situation? Generally speaking.

To get into why I've made these mistakes would be a long winded story that I don't think anyone here cares to hear. In terms of being resigned to this situation, I just know that I've really blown multiple people's trust both buyers and those who supported me despite neigh sayers. I like to collect comic books, I like to read comic books, perhaps selling and flipping is just not something I should or need to be involved in.

pOtato pAtato

lol

Not when it's my cash and certainly not when the type of package that shows up at my door doesn't match what I was told was being sent.

If a seller wants to gamble with his books and money that's his prerogative. Once they are paid for they are my books for my money and they aren't his to gamble with any longer.

:golfclap:

Uh - wrong way round? I think you mean it's a privilige, not a right. Either way, you're correct: you shouldn't be selling here (or anywhere, ref the shilling).

I just know that I've really blown multiple people's trust both buyers and those who supported me despite neigh sayers

Correct. Those horses were really dead against you.

I'll repeat my question though: why keep changing your name? If you're trying to take some semblance of responsibility for your actions, and "take your licks" then change back to Symbiotic.

Anyway, I'll believe it when I see it re you stopping selling. Seem to recall that didn't last long last time round.

OMG, he used a cut up priority box as packing material. :ohnoez:

OMG, the U.S. Postal Service then charges the receiver for the higher shipping rate due to the misuse of Priority Box material.

That's where a concern comes in is just not to do this going forward. The post office will make sure we all realize why through our bank accounts otherwise.

OMG, I once reused a priority box and the clerk debated whether or not he was going to allow that. God forbid, I try to help out the PO by recycling a box. :eyeroll: In the end, he didn't give me a hard time about it but for a few seconds there I was expecting that I would have to take it back home and repackage it.

OMG, he used a cut up priority box as packing material. :ohnoez:

OMG, the U.S. Postal Service then charges the receiver for the higher shipping rate due to the misuse of Priority Box material.

That's where a concern comes in is just not to do this going forward. The post office will make sure we all realize why through our bank accounts otherwise.

OMG, I once reused a priority box and the clerk debated whether or not he was going to allow that. God forbid, I try to help out the PO by recycling a box. :eyeroll: In the end, he didn't give me a hard time about it but for a few seconds there I was expecting that I would have to take it back home and repackage it.

OMG!

lol

But it is crazy once a Priority Box is used to expect someone to just dump it in the trash versus recycling it. The challenge is how can the post office tell when it is recycled material versus brand new material?

Media Mail is an odd one, though, as some local facilities will tell you it is okay to ship comics this way. Then when the books arrive at another region, you find out they see it differently.

i'm not looking to sell on the forums anymore, as i don't think i deserve that right. its a rightprivilege not a privilege right to sell to this great community.

FTFY

To get into why I've made these mistakes would be a long winded story that I don't think anyone here cares to hear. In terms of being resigned to this situation, I just know that I've really blown multiple people's trust both buyers and those who supported me despite neigh sayers. I like to collect comic books, I like to read comic books, perhaps selling and flipping is just not something I should or need to be involved in.

And yet you're still shilling your listings on ebay and have no problems with continuing to screw over people that aren't part of a community where one is held accountable for their actions.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Spider-Man-1-Alex-Ross-1-300-Sketch-Variant-/281320155410?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item417ffce912

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBidderProfile&AID=a***i&eu=&bidtid=1198675402018&item=281320155410&mode=1&view=NONE&ssPageName=PageBidderProfileViewBids_None_ViewLink&aid=a***i

You are perfectly content to screw others as long as they don't find out and even then you give nothing more than a meaningless apology before its on to the next one.

Again, time is a flat circle.

And yet you're still shilling your listings on ebay and have no problems with continuing to screw over people that aren't part of a community where one is held accountable for their actions.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Spider-Man-1-Alex-Ross-1-300-Sketch-Variant-/281320155410?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item417ffce912

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBidderProfile&AID=a***i&eu=&bidtid=1198675402018&item=281320155410&mode=1&view=NONE&ssPageName=PageBidderProfileViewBids_None_ViewLink&aid=a***i

You are perfectly content to screw others as long as they don't find out and even then you give nothing more than a meaningless apology before its on to the next one.

Again, time is a flat circle.

8hbtk.jpg

Symbiotic, Whouffle, whatever the *spoon* you want to be called next. You (continue to) shill your own auctions and ADVERTISE those auctions here to this community, in other words attempting screw over those same boardies you claim to hold in such high regard. You take your second self imposed vacation and then post this

i have everyoen variant if anyone is interested, all in 9.8.

while at the same time posting this drivel

You are right, not only do you not deserve the privilege of selling on these boards, you don't even deserve the privilege of being part of these boards.

Edited by jaybuck43

Symbiotic, Whouffle, whatever the *spoon* you want to be called next. You (continue to) shill your own auctions and ADVERTISE those auctions here to this community, in other words attempting screw over those same boardies you claim to hold in such high regard. You take your second self imposed vacation and then post this

i have everyoen variant if anyone is interested, all in 9.8.

while at the same time posting this drivel

You are right, not only do you not deserve the privilege of selling on these boards, you don't even deserve the privilege of being part of these boards.

Do you think he's a 12 year old?

:shy:

Too soon? (shrug)